Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

Funcom employee The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

The Big Anarchy Online 10 Anniversary Gathering Official Thread & Information Station!!

Gathering Dates: June 24th - 25th
    Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Funcom Offices (Google Maps link)

Hey guys! As you all know June 27th, 2011 is quickly approaching and that can only mean one thing - Our 10th anniversary! We're not going to let a milestone like that go unnoticed, and to commemorate the occasion we're going to have a proper party up here in Montreal; the best part? All of you are invited! Come up, meet the team in a Q&A session, get a tour of our offices (maybe, depending), and then spend a night on the town in Montreal with us as we celebrate 10 years of Anarchy Online!

EDIT: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!! I want to thank everyone for expressing interest in the gathering and event, and we look forward to seeing those who have registered on Friday and Saturday. =D

EDIT: We want to remind everyone to follow Anarchy Online on Twitter for exclusive pictures and tweets live from the gathering events on both the 24th and the 25th! Just add @funcom_anarchy to your Twitter feed, or visit us at the following link: http://twitter.com/#!/funcom_anarchy

EDIT EDIT: We will also use Twitter Hash #AO10Year during the update that way EVERYONE can join in on the Twitter Madness! On top of that, you can follow Famine's Log for more details on what's going down in Canada!
    Last edited by Famine; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 03:41:44.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Talking

joo can count on me sneaking in

Ruah 220/30 Agent : Ruahts 216/22 Engy
    Akhran 186/15 doc :
    Murbela 150/20 fix : Haydes 150/18 sold
    Haur 100/10 pvp enfo Mordred 60/6 pvm keeper

Could you possibly consider a competition or whatever for some t-shirts for those not attending.. I've played AO 8 years and with no possibility to attend a meeting, I still would go a long way for a t-shirt (but gf and kids will however not let me sacrifice my vacation).
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Could you possibly consider a competition or whatever for some t-shirts for those not attending.. I've played AO 8 years and with no possibility to attend a meeting, I still would go a long way for a t-shirt (but gf and kids will however not let me sacrifice my vacation).
    This.

And I really wish I could go. But the 2k dollar for plane tickets is prohibitive. :x WTB a T-Shirt!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

yeah, give us lower-on-cash-so-can-not-afford-ticket-but-have-money-for-shirt people an option to also get an AO shirt... i soo wanna show it at my game dev class and show the teachers what a good game really is

also, have fun and don't let Means camera out of sight
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I'd love to RSVP, but without a bit more info, dropping 2K to fly to another country (even if it is Canada) is a bit too much without some idea of what I'd be doing. I mean the Q&A will be video taped by someone, so I will not miss that... maybe a tour... hmmm... Night on the town sound interesting... but exactly what does that meet, couple beers at the local bowling alley? Dancing (with a 70-90% male only attendance)? Burger at Micky D's?

All seems a bit to fuzzy of a plan to drop 2k to attend. I don't want to RSVP and then find out its 30 minutes in an over crowed room with Means and then you ditch us and sneak home and we are left in a city in a strange foreign country where we don't speak either of the languages. (French or Canadian)... well, I'm original from Wisconsin, so I can fake Canadian.... but still!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    I'd love to RSVP, but without a bit more info, dropping 2K to fly to another country (even if it is Canada) is a bit too much without some idea of what I'd be doing. I mean the Q&A will be video taped by someone, so I will not miss that... maybe a tour... hmmm... Night on the town sound interesting... but exactly what does that meet, couple beers at the local bowling alley? Dancing (with a 70-90% male only attendance)? Burger at Micky D's?
    Honestly, we're still nailing down exact details here ourselves - A lot of people at FC (and important ones at that XD) really want to make sure this turns out to be a great celebration (I mean seriously, 10 years - You can't let that pass by without a party), but a lot of what we *plan* is going to depend on the number of RSVPs we receive. The more people we have signed up closer to decision making time, the more likely it is we'll be a bit more grandiose.

All seems a bit to fuzzy of a plan to drop 2k to attend. I don't want to RSVP and then find out its 30 minutes in an over crowed room with Means and then you ditch us and sneak home and we are left in a city in a strange foreign country where we don't speak either of the languages. (French or Canadian)... well, I'm original from Wisconsin, so I can fake Canadian.... but still!
    As for this, though, I can promise you nothing that dire is going to happen. When we did the Oslo gathering last year we had three weeks from announcement to party and everyone who showed up seemed like they had a blast - It was a great time, and I speak for the team when I say we loved having everyone over. So no matter what, we're not going to leave you guys by the side of the road - I'm due for a good and proper throwdown and I aim to have one. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

You are sure undestimating the girls army from AO. And, diferent of you, if I had 2k to attend I would spend it to zomg damn plane tickets and go visit FC and hug Kintaii!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

And you know this will be a big weekend since June 24th is an holiday in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    i had my AO T-shirts made , just plain Black n white with ao logo on back. was cheap , like 20 bucks for 2

hope FC dont sue me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    You are sure undestimating the girls army from AO.
    Well.... I did watch the video from the 9th anniversary party and I think the count of girls was zero... perhaps there may have been one, but I did get the impression that there were NONE! So, going by that, there is an ARMY of GIRLS, they however are all 'internet' girls. (Meaning middle aged men)

So, perhaps there will be actual women at the event, but I seriously doubt they will show up in great numbers. I stand by my estimate.

So no matter what, we're not going to leave you guys by the side of the road - I'm due for a good and proper throwdown and I aim to have one.

That sounds good... I'm not doing the naked scan for a crappy time!

The more people we have signed up closer to decision making time, the more likely it is we'll be a bit more grandiose.
    That, I think is the key statement. When would "decision making time" be?
    Last edited by Igri00; Mar 28th, 2011 at 02:36:05.

Could you just send me a tshirt? I cant make it to canada :/

RSVP sent!

I hope it's been received - with past email issues, I stick to the "Better Safe Than Sorry"(TM)

Don't worry most of Third Faction will be there. We know how to throw down and we got girlz. Otw.

God I hope I can make it - I'll RSVP as soon as I see if my boss will let me take vacation then
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

^^ Gimme 2k and I'll gladly RSVP. /cry /emorage

We weren't supposed to receive any sort of response to the RSVP mail, right? I send an email a couple of weeks back and haven't heard anything, so just checking.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

if invite means, i got the ticked payed, well then ... i could meet Ruah ..

nah, seriously, a t-shirt would be cool, would even buy it in your online shop

I'll be there for sure ))

Ok, lets say that we do want to attend, what part of Montreal is this thing likely to be held near? I'm looking at hotel choices and there are a TON, but I just don't have a single clue as to what part of town would be good.

Also, are they any suggestions of what part of town would be good/bad?
    Last edited by Igri00; Mar 28th, 2011 at 02:50:33.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast