Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Makes Top 10 List on MMORPG.COM!

Funcom employee Anarchy Online Makes Top 10 List on MMORPG.COM!

We made the top 10 list for Non-Fantasy MMOs! This is a great honor for everyone as we move towards our 10th year of service!

*cheers*
    Last edited by Famine; May 17th, 2011 at 17:06:30.

FTA:

"If you can stomach some heinously dated visuals, AO is still one of the best sci-fi offerings on the market."

Thanks?

AO actually mad top5 as well New engine to be top1? Soon(TM)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

noone paid off the judges ?
    ~ Live the dream ~

Is this a tribute to our uberness or an idictment of the current state of non-fantasy MMOs?

Meh, I'll go with the former. AO roolz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Sci-Fi offering is quite dry... But all the other MMORPGS are so simple(not EVE, but it's better red then played...)
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I like how they had to include Lego Universe and Pirates of the Burning Sea to make 10 non-fantasy MMOs
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    FTA:

"If you can stomach some heinously dated visuals, AO is still one of the best sci-fi offerings on the market."

Thanks?
    The comments in the article seem at least positive about the game, though. Lot of people want to see it get its second heyday.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    The comments in the article seem at least positive about the game, though. Lot of people want to see it get its second heyday.
    Other than a select few pet peeves the graphics in AO were never a make or break element for me. That said, please someone animate a female toon that can carry a two-handed ranged weapon and still run without appearing to fall over, endure a broken pelvis, and have her arms disappear into thin wisps of nothing. Please.

woot! yay!

is that free advertising or did someone get bribed?

I remember back in the day when I had an Atari2600 and then the Intellivision came out and thought to myself "HOW AWSOME ARE THOSE INTELLIVISION GRAPHICS". Well 10 or more MMORPGS later and AO really dose look like an Atari2600 game .

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

That said, please someone animate a female toon that can carry a two-handed ranged weapon and still run without appearing to fall over, endure a broken pelvis,
    I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. --Fry
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Hmmm AO on an Atari 2600.. It would have looked awesome!!..

Proof.. scaled screenshot and reduced palette to 16 colors.. (even though the Atari 2600 could only show 4 at a time)

lol, Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Hmmm AO on an Atari 2600.. It would have looked awesome!!..

Proof.. scaled screenshot and reduced palette to 16 colors.. (even though the Atari 2600 could only show 4 at a time)

lol, Cheers!
    Four colors? Luxury! Why in my day we had two colors, black and white and if you were lucky and squinted your eyes just right you could sort of see both at the same time!

FTA:

Thanks?
    Why lie ... it's true. if you can get past the graphics, AO si a pretty awesome game actually.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Four colors? Luxury! Why in my day we had two colors, black and white and if you were lucky and squinted your eyes just right you could sort of see both at the same time!
    Never like the black and white. I had a monitor with a button, "Black & White", "Black and Green" and "Black and Amber". That was a cool monitor, for its time.

I saw the top 10 list.... really the worst list ever. I'm not really proud to see AO on that list...

I only agree with like 3 of the 10.

I guess some people still don't know that mmorpg.com is mostly social hacked, with fake ratings...

No MMORPG has the complexity in game play and avatar development of AO .... Yes the graphics are horrible but if you can get past that its hands down the best MMORPG out there.

Every other game out there is dumbed down for the five year old. This is where the Adults and near Adults ...or even the Adults that barley act like Adults do battle .

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    We made the top 10 list for Non-Fantasy MMOs! This is a great honor for everyone as we move towards our 10th year of service!

*cheers*
    If you can stomach some heinously dated visuals, AO is still one of the best sci-fi offerings on the market.

The 2012 list may AO bring to place #1.
    After the engine upgrade, AO is still the best sci-fi offering on the market.

/rocky

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    No MMORPG has the complexity in game play and avatar development of AO .... Yes the graphics are horrible but if you can get past that its hands down the best MMORPG out there.

Every other game out there is dumbed down for the five year old. This is where the Adults and near Adults ...or even the Adults that barley act like Adults do battle .

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    What we read recently in Fw(o)M, they gonna go that "dumb down" way.
    No Maps needed, that was what i remember, so we wont have a map shop anymore, no skills to upload these maps are needed, no upgrades are needed and in general, mapnavi skill is obsolete.

Let me clearly say, I DO NOT LIKE THAT WAY !

Flatten or dumb'n AO = wrong

Give out some extra IP for every Profession.
    We got so many new things, weapons, options, but we never got more IP, except from the Shadowlands expansion.

It felt all the years like we are 5% ImprovementPoints short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast