Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

This looks well organized. Hope you're all having fun.

[yes, I'm jealous]
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Good God had a blast. So nice to meet, chat, and have a drink with other players, Devs, GMs, and ARKs. Big kudos to Kintaii, for herding everyone, and keeping things organized.

And damn the engine looked awesome.
    Point Blank

Almost midnight, just got home.. left the gathering at around 9:20pm.. see what I mean about the commute? and I got to the bus with 8 min to spare. (If I missed it, I would have had an hour and a half wait for the next one)

That aside, I had a blast. I beat Means at pool, even if he seemed to skip some obvious shots in favor of harder ones. I did sink the last 3 balls in a row to win, so It's not like I was a total noob at pool, it's just been like 17 years since I last played. LOL

When I checked my watch I had to leave pretty quick, and just met Mastablasta as I was leaving, and missed saying good night to Kintaii, So a belated good night to you Kintaii, and you did an AWESOME Job organizing the event. Tell Means I said you deserve a poof/stool to put your feet on at your desk, just try to find one lower then the height of your chair,.. hmmm.. on second though, that would mean getting you a carpet sample which could work I guess. :P

Oh and the Engine looked FANTASTIC. Made me fall in love with Borealis all over again. I was really impressed with the new lighting system, good lighting makes all the difference, it adds so much ambiance and sets the mood as the day night cycles go by. This combined with better textures and bump/normal maps and dynamic shadows make AO come alive.

I've said it before, the new graphics engine is not the end all game stopper for me, but now, I'm looking forward to it. I have no doubt it will come, and while I wait along with all of you, I'll keep making new icons and that helps pass the time really fast.

Cheers everyone, and Happy 10th Anniversary AO!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Thanks and kudos to Kintaii for putting and keeping us together! Was good to see you

Last night was great: good beer, good food, good friends, good time! Meeting players and staff was a blast, having to drive kept me more quiet than I could have been (so you've been spared :P). Many chats, many smiles and laughs.

(...and BY GOD does that ghost pepper *hurt*! I managed to keep a relatively decent poker face until I just roared, eyes watering up... *lol*)

Today was fun and relaxed, and zomg I got to play pool after 7 years without touching a cue... (Hey, how about an "aim cue" with aimed shot on it? ...noooo, I'm just kidding. Seriously, I am.) I've been defeated by Means after he did a nice come back - it lasted until the very last ball on the table, when the white almost sank in the pocket after he dunked the 8 in... The man really knows how to keep the suspense until the end :P Now to hope I'll get to play with Parsed one day

Followed up with a fun conference, we got it taped but I hope the sound made it. Some cam sequences, we'll try to pull out stills from it, and more good chats. Putting faces on names is always fun

The new engine is a beauty... Bori looked like a completely new city, even if I could see the familiar landmarks, they felt so more... alive! Even without the shadow effects, the textures looked fabulous, but with both? Oh ya. I couldn't help going "Wow" and " whew" and "whoaaaa" (I claim the right to retain my ability to be marveled, okay? )

I really had a blast, and I'm now home, recovering from it :P Thanks and kudos again!

<3

J.

Just got back to the hotel.. In all, I have to say this was the best vaylay I've had... Ever. (I got too damn drunk at dragoncon in 2008) A very warm heartfelt thank you goes to the entire staff that organized this two-day party.

Apologies to solar and ghostt for not returning your calls- It's 2am, and i just realized what that flashing light on the phone meant- shows you how much i travel...

Apologies also go to those people I didn't name specifically ... I doesn't mean you were less memorable; I am just absoluely lousy remembering names.

As I mentioned before, I'll post pics when i get home.

Thank you Funcom for 10 years of Anarchy Online, and a fantastic 10- Year Anniversary Celebration... Wishing you (and us) another 10 years of fun and enjoyment.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Dang, wish i could've been there :/
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

How are the hangovers guys?
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

I have to say that i was all happy and smilly (not an easy job to make me smile)
    Words don't come to me ATM except...
    Thank you Funcom (and most of all the people who organized that reunion)
    Thank you to all the players that i met

Thank you
    (btw, about that DNA sample of a leet ...forget it...much easier to put a sock on a cat :O)

Talk about a mega event, 3:00pm till past midnight! Free food, free beer, and the new engine too.

The best part was getting to talk to the people involved. I met and got to talk to many of the Funcom people that I've read about, even spent about 30 minutes talking to Means one-on-one. Got every single one of my (realistic) questions answered as well. By the time we got to the Q&A, I think most of the people had time to talk with Means, so there weren't too many questions left unanswered by then.

I wanted to say thanks to all of the Funcom staff that made this happen and that put up with us at the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    and just met Mastablasta as I was leaving
    Since I was halfway around the world you couldn't have

You did however stand next to my alt on RK2 at the Grind party
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jun 26th, 2011 at 14:16:26.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Since I was halfway around the world you couldn't have
    so everyone in there were paid actors? thank god i didn't waste time going

When I checked my watch I had to leave pretty quick, and just met Mastablasta as I was leaving
    I think maybe you meant (Dev) Mstrbstrd?

I had a lot of fun as well, and enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone... even though 90% of you were clammers.
    Last edited by Sorhan; Jun 26th, 2011 at 15:26:50.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Enginyr View Post
    (btw, about that DNA sample of a leet ...forget it...much easier to put a sock on a cat :O)
    lol, easier??.. go ahead and try to get a sock on a cat, or stuff a cat inside a sock, then we'll talk about 'easier' LOL

Too funny,.. making stufed Heckler dolls or stuffed leet dolls on the other hand would be a great marketing thing for FC. We're in the 21st century, who needs teddy bears, we can have cuddly leets and heckler dolls.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    I think maybe you meant (Dev) Mstrbstrd?

I had a lot of fun as well, and enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone... even though 90% of you were clammers.
    hmm masterblasta and mstrbstrd are not the same person? lol, I'm bad with names. and they both start with 'M', so you can see where I got confused. LOL

Cheers!

hmm masterblasta and mstrbstrd are not the same person? lol, I'm bad with names. and they both start with 'M', so you can see where I got confused. LOL

Cheers!
    Well no one blames you DaviasI its a easy mistake to make :3
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I had a blast as well! Thank you to Funcom for approving the budget for the AO staff to throw down this shindig, and especially enormous thanks to the AO players, devs, and ARK staff that showed up to make it so successful. I met plenty of new friends over the last two days and hope to stay in touch over the next 10 years of AO!

(On a side note, it was nice to see such a large turnout from RK1 neuts! We had well over 10% of the population at the gathering, which is better than we amount to on the server. Shows how dedicated we are to this wonderful game and warms my heart)

-Mardinos

Thanks to everyone who came and thanks for FC staff for organizing it all, I had a great time.

Thanks to Ark and Gridstream staff for joining us and all the hard work you do in game.
    New Engine looks great, I had to laugh when I realized the big screen they were demoing the engine on is the same screen I have at home and will playing on so I know its going to look good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    How are the hangovers guys?
    What's a 'hangover'?

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Talk about a mega event, 3:00pm till past midnight! Free food, free beer, and the new engine too.
    The last of us broke up well after the sun came back up.

There were one or two questions I thought about asking later that I really should have asked during the Q&A but there will be time for that Soon(tm).

Oh and if you ever happen to be on test live with an Opifex female toon and Parsed is online give him a hug.
    Last edited by DaviasI; Jun 26th, 2011 at 21:26:46.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Enginyr View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/70337714@N00/2378133777/

Like so?
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    No, over its head and front paws so it only has back paws, thus looks like a leet.

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    No, over its head and front paws so it only has back paws, thus looks like a leet.
    That cat would look pretty silly with those socks over his head...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast