Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

I had a great time! Big thanks to the fc staff, you guys are rockstars. The new engine is crazy nice, I'm sure the YouTube videos that will pop up won't do it justice. Special thanks to Means and Kentii who gave everyone 1 on 1 time and answered every question we could throw at them. Side note the pool hall was called sharks ...im pretty sure it was named after Means. Looking forward to next year!
    -stupidjesse

Sent from my Droid at the airport......will edit the autocorrects when I get home
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

220/70/30 The "Stupidjesse" Fatman
    220/70/30 "Lamp"...The Shade...get it?
    150/42/20 "Luwa" soli ma
    200/20/15 Agent Pew "Yasuda" Pew

:: Proud Member of Spartans ::

Will the rest of us get to see the engine footage you guys showed yesterday?
    Can't wait to see Q&A footage
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    Will the rest of us get to see the engine footage you guys showed yesterday?
    Can't wait to see Q&A footage

I've got Q&A video, but can't upload it from Montreal, hotel internet just doesn't cut it. If someone doesn't beat me, I'll upload it to YouTube when I get home.

As the the engine footage. I'm not sure it will be very good to see on video. I didn't bother to shoot it, since several other people were already doing that.

Basically, they put us an office with a big LCD and Parsed at the keyboard of a PC. He then proceeded to walk a toon all around Bor showing us textures and lighting effects. He did things like put on his light bar and a floaty light, then changed the time of day and stuff. One cool thing that I noticed was the water effects. At the lake below the dish when he stood next to the water, there were waves that were about 3 feet high rolling by with full reflections, including what looked like either sunrise or sunset (he was adjusting the time manually). Standing at the edge of the lake, the reflection of the sun at sunrise was awesome.

The only effect we didn't get to see was the new upgraded grass, which has changed since the last grass demo with changes to the Conan engine. However, there were some nice trees and wall textures to look at.

Also another thing that was cool, in Bor outside of tools n stuff is that ramp that leads up to the dog. In the demo, instead of being flat and angular, as it is now, it was more hilly, with like a bump in the middle, rather that a perfectly flat surface.

Again, I'm not sure how impressive the videos will be, but in person, it was impressive.

When you guys get to see the Q and A look for the smokin hot bartender. She makes 2 guest appearances.

150/42/20 "Luwa" soli ma

I WISH I WAS THERE!!!!! RAWR! /sadpanda

At least one spartard was there :3 (hai jesse)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I WISH I WAS THERE!!!!! RAWR! /sadpanda

At least one spartard was there :3 (hai jesse)
    Because of the hot bartender? didn't know you went that way lain

150/42/20 "Luwa" soli ma

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidjesse View Post
    When you guys get to see the Q and A look for the smokin hot bartender. She makes 2 guest appearances.
    Means, "And there goes the best part of the video".

I'm sure she was NOT happy to have to walk past again on her way back in. Especially after Means got such a big laugh when he said that.

I'm sure she was.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Finally getting the chance to breathe and relax for a moment or two after an awesome, awesome weekend. I wanna thank everyone who came down and hung out with us both on Friday and Saturday evening - It was great getting to see and meet everyone, even if I was a little busy/stressed to sit down and do as much chatting as I would have liked. XD

I hope all of you guys had as much fun as I did, and I can't wait to see the pictures and videos start popping up as everyone returns home. Thanks again to all of you who showed up, and everyone here at FC who helped make our 10th anniversary gathering a very memorable occasion. Hope to see you all (and more!) next time! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

So how many people attended the event?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

At one point before the Q&A. I counted 50 bodies on the area but I kept getting distracted by the hot bartenders. I did try to not count obvious FC staff like Means, Kintaii, the red shirts...
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    So how many people attended the event?
    At one point Kintaii mentioned that he had 90 some signed up. But he had a handful of name tags too just before the Q&A.

Safe guess would be about 50-70
    Point Blank

So, practically, almost complete AO population?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So, practically, almost complete AO population?
    Nah, if that were the case, they would have have to toss people out because the room is overcrowded.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Nah, if that were the case, they would have have to toss people out because the room is overcrowded.
    Surely dual logging lowbie alts in your RI doesn't count?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Posting screenshots of the in-game event soon Could't find an official thread for that?

P.S. I left my computer still logged into The Grind dancefloor in Sunrise in the ICC on RK1!

If anyone wants to PM me on what format is best to convert the HUGE fraps videos to for Youtube HD 1080p as full quality as physically possible preferably with names readable etc would be very welcome!
    Last edited by Xola; Jun 26th, 2011 at 23:58:41.
    -aka Xolaz, Omni-Tek InternOps [double-]Agent est. 2001 (as Xola, *no longer have login*), RK1 (Xola on RK2)
    -Lillitu, Nanotrix, RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Xola View Post
    Posting screenshots of the in-game event soon Could't find an official thread for that?
    They'll soon be available for download via the in-game store!

I reckon we can do atleast another fifty of these before they get boring <3

Pics or it never happened! (Share the fun with us who didnt make it, mmkay?) Or am i just blind or looking from the wrong place? >__>
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Jun 27th, 2011 at 00:01:12.
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    They'll soon be available for download via the in-game store!

I reckon we can do atleast another fifty of these before they get boring <3
    You forgot the little =.^ thingie.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    You forgot the little =.^ thingie.
    I would have, but unfortunately I didn't have sufficient points to purchase the '100 smilies and other emotes for one-time usage on the forums' package from the in-game store.

Wait for it....

ZING!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast