Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

Just move your office to Iceland. I mean, all the *cool* gaming companies are here. CCP *cough*

Edit: My Shadowlands T-shirt I got of Jorgen Tharaldsen got a bit pale over the years Tell him to send me a new one.
    Last edited by Shareida; Mar 29th, 2011 at 13:36:24.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Just move your office to Iceland. I mean, all the *cool* gaming companies are here. CCP *cough*

Edit: My Shadowlands T-shirt I got of Jorgen Tharaldsen got a bit pale over the years Tell him to send me a new one.
    Actually they're not, they now live somewhere in USA.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Headquarters is still in Reykjavík, but they have a big facility in the state of Georgia now. About 150 people at the GA location.

I'm gonna sneak over to Montreal on the 25th.. so my adoring fans can all meet me in person. LoL I'll even say hi to anyone with me on their KOS list. (not sure there are many of those, but in the BS it sure feels like it, just call me 'SPLAT!!!' )

Cheers!

P.S. the target area for their HQ in Montreal is between Crescent and Guy, so any Hotels around the downtown area should all be within walking distance
    Last edited by Docaholic; Mar 29th, 2011 at 17:07:53.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

The Coder Formerly known as INSERTGMNICKHERE Parsed's Avatar

Funcom employee

The addr can be found on funcom.com... But in case someone want to know where the office is located it's here
    http://maps.google.com/?q=%221440%20...G,%20Canada%22

Funcom employee

For you guys looking at hotels: We MAY be getting a special discounted rate at one of the local, nearby hotels - We're still working out the details, and I hope we'll have something to share on that front soon, but you may wanna hold off for a few more days before booking any rooms. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

haha now i know why it takes you guys so long to get something finished atm, there are too many bars, pubs and restaurants around your office

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For you guys looking at hotels: We MAY be getting a special discounted rate at one of the local, nearby hotels - We're still working out the details, and I hope we'll have something to share on that front soon, but you may wanna hold off for a few more days before booking any rooms. =)
    Cool, please do or at least try. Should be getting air line tickets in a week or so. No rush for the hotel, do that in a week or so as well.

Americans (75% don't have passports) should remember that a Passport is required since 2009 for travel to Canada from just about every county. Getting a passport takes 2-3 weeks and is a huge pain to gather the correct documents. Plan to get one early if you don't have one.

Funcom employee

Yeah, seriously - If you *don't* have a passport and you think you may be attending from outside of Canada? GO GET YOUR PASSPORT NOW. They can take a few weeks (and that's *with* the 'rush delivery' option), so make sure you're prepared. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I dunno, last time i walked past their office, it looked open. Also, the Fanfest seemed to have taken place 2 blocks from me.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusius1 View Post
    And you know this will be a big weekend since June 24th is an holiday in the province.

Does that mean hotel prices will be $$$?
    Omegathree 220/70/30 doctor
    http://smu.gs/10VjCqh

I vote that FC get us discounts at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I vote that FC get us discounts at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel.
    The QEH is a bit out of my price range at $266 a night, I think that might be Canadian $.

I do like the Hotel de la Montagne, which is right near the QEH and about $US154 per night.

^^ I know I dont have creds to go but.... Do it quick! Its the first thing they ask when you go to a visa interview. I'm serious. They ask in which hotel you gonna stay and for how many time and for what.

P.s.: Wondering why Canada have such rash rules with Brazil while I can travel all Europa "anonymous" with a passport and a yellow fever vaccine (lol Did I said here we had 0 yellow fever cases) only. /shrug
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Yeah, seriously - If you *don't* have a passport and you think you may be attending from outside of Canada? GO GET YOUR PASSPORT NOW. They can take a few weeks (and that's *with* the 'rush delivery' option), so make sure you're prepared. =D
    Just re-upped mine this year took 3 weeks without rush delivery. However realize that that summer travel season is coming up soon so anyone who is planning on travelling this summer will be getting the passport now, so get the rush delivery option and i'll see you there...oh and get book your plane ticket now prices go up from the US on April 1st thanks to an incoming fuel surcharge (and no despite the date its not a joke).
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I dunno, last time i walked past their office, it looked open. Also, the Fanfest seemed to have taken place 2 blocks from me.
    They're in the process of moving to the US, for whatever reason. Forgot the exact location. Google
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

They're in the process of moving to the US, for whatever reason. Forgot the exact location. Google
    Maybe not the right thread to discuss that. Even tho i know the reason.
    Shareidah - First Order

Funcom employee

Hotel information edited into the first post. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

actually, let's just stay at kintaii's place
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Well.... I did watch the video from the 9th anniversary party and I think the count of girls was zero... perhaps there may have been one, but I did get the impression that there were NONE! So, going by that, there is an ARMY of GIRLS, they however are all 'internet' girls. (Meaning middle aged men)
    If memory serves correctly, there were... five or six women at the Oslo gathering. One of whom wasn't actually a player, but the girlfriend of one.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast