Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

SHRUG. Now I'll need 2.5k to visit FC. :x Maybe when I become rich.

GZ All you that is going to pokes Kintaii irl and get irl moderated by Anarrina >.<
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Funcom has worked out a special discounted rate with the local Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain to offer special, discounted rates on room rental for the weekend of the gathering - $129 per night in their luxury rooms.
    Which rooms, specifically, are these by the way? So those of us intent on sharing living space know exactly how many places we have to put bodies down to sleep?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Which rooms, specifically, are these by the way? So those of us intent on sharing living space know exactly how many places we have to put bodies down to sleep?
    Looks like there isn't much of a choice, 1 King or 2 doubles, so one would think 2 doubles. Not a bad price since the rooms are $279 (CAD) normally.

Yeah, upon a second look I got that too. I was just wondering if "luxury" referred to the hotel itself or to some sooper dooper nifty fancy rooms we were restricted to.

Two doubles certainly works.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

OMG :O That's like 15 minutes of walking from my home!!! I may take my little bro too, if there is no age limit. Anyone know if there's one?

Funcom employee

There won't be for the main event during the day but we'll all most likely end up at a bar of some fashion after the QA/tour/etc., so you might wanna take the little dude back home before coming out that evening. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Most hotels will also accomodate you with an extra cot ("cot" being a single bed that they roll in the room, and they're usually quite decent). So, that's a body count of 5 per room, without counting anyone who has a double-deck single air mattress (we did that last January in Maine).

So, if you can survive with a single shower for 6 and sharing fridge space for the beer ('cause booze don't need no frigging fridge space, yarr!), then you're in for a deal.

And the Marriot is a reasonable hotel. It's still a hotel (I'm not a fan of hotels, so unless it's a bloody *palace*, the best it will rank in my eyes is "good"...)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Most hotels will also accomodate you with an extra cot ("cot" being a single bed that they roll in the room, and they're usually quite decent). So, that's a body count of 5 per room
    The website is a little unclear on that. It says, "You may not use a cot" and then two lines below that it says "You my not have more than 1 cot per room". I suspect that means you can have a cot, but you can't use it. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    So, if you can survive with a single shower for 6
    I usually take 2 showers per day. More if I do any physical exercise. And since I'm a girl, each shower takes 1hour. :3 I cant survive w/o a dedicated shower. /me go to a corner and shout: I wanna go! T.T
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

As time goes on, it looks like I'm less and less likely to make it, which is a real bummer.

at nearly $200 for travel alone, and then nearly as much a night for a hotel... Not the easiest trip for me, what with graduating this May. I'm still going to try, dammit!

What sort of timeframe are we looking at in terms of events, for those of us who might end up going with a bus or train instead of driving out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    The website is a little unclear on that. It says, "You may not use a cot" and then two lines below that it says "You my not have more than 1 cot per room". I suspect that means you can have a cot, but you can't use it. :O
    No cots, but an allowance for one crib, is what I figured out. So thats probably where the weird info is.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I usually take 2 showers per day. More if I do any physical exercise. And since I'm a girl, each shower takes 1hour. :3 I cant survive w/o a dedicated shower. /me go to a corner and shout: I wanna go! T.T
    Showering that much can have detrimental effects on your health :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Showering that much can have detrimental effects on your health :|
    No wai! Showering less than it everybody will call me gross >.> Well, after a 15min light walk you will be mostly drowning in your own sweat :3 (and some times it happens 5min after you leave the shower)

So, who gonna gimme 3k dollars to visit FC? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    No cots, but an allowance for one crib, is what I figured out. So thats probably where the weird info is.
    1. Go to the hotel website (linked in the original post).
    2. Click "Explore our hotel".
    3. Under "In this section", click on "Guest rooms".
    4. Expand each room and click on the "Room amenities" tab for details about the rollaway bed.

Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double:
    Maximum cribs/rollaway beds permitted: 1

Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, City view:
    - Rollaway beds permitted: 1
    - Cribs permitted: 1

Concierge level, Guest room, 1 King:

Parlor, 1 King, Sofabed

Hope this helps

Public transportation

Distance between the Marriott Château Champlain and Funcom's offices

That's loosely a 10-15 minutes walk.

If you're not going to stay at the Marriott, you can look up the public transportation:
    STM (Société de transport de Montréal).

If you use the metro: http://www.stm.info/English/metro/a-heures.htm
    The closest station is Guy / Concordia, on the green line.

If you use the bus, the closest bus stops are:
    52293 - Sainte-Catherine / Bishop
    52237 - Guy / Ste-Catherine O.
    52195 - Guy / de Maisonneuve
    (you'll need the bus stop number to look for itinerary and schedule on the STM website).
    Last edited by Xeenah; Apr 1st, 2011 at 05:16:19. Reason: corrected metro line color

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    No wai! Showering less than it everybody will call me gross >.> Well, after a 15min light walk you will be mostly drowning in your own sweat :3 (and some times it happens 5min after you leave the shower)

So, who gonna gimme 3k dollars to visit FC? <3
    Hmm.. I can, personally, jog/walk fast for 30 minutes w/o breaking a sweat.
    There are other activities which shouldn't be mentioned here though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Depends totally where you live - Back home in Mississippi, during the summer? If you so much as dared step out of your nice air-conditioned house you started pouring sweat. Somehow, in lain's case, I get the feeling that Brazil isn't much less humid than we were back home. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

That would, of course, depend on where you live. I challenge you to come to my front yard and sit in a chair for 30 minutes without breaking a sweat.

Pff. Come jog where then. I bet you will be all sweat with first symtoms of insolation and a bit dehidrated after those same 30min :3 Our sun is OP. Ever if you are under a shadow, the sun will manage to send his heat wave direct in your face.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast