Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Gathering Thread!

Good point. Finally there's something positive about living in this frozen, *forsaken country.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Somehow, in lain's case, I get the feeling that Brazil isn't much less humid than we were back home. XD
    I live in semi-arid and the air humidity is 75%ish all year. Thats enough humidity for you?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Depends totally where you live - Back home in Mississippi, during the summer? If you so much as dared step out of your nice air-conditioned house you started pouring sweat. Somehow, in lain's case, I get the feeling that Brazil isn't much less humid than we were back home. XD
    Same with Arkansas... gotta love the gulf.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    If you use the metro: http://www.stm.info/English/metro/a-heures.htm
    The closest station is Guy / Concordia, on the orange line.
    Guy/Concordia is on the Green line. The Mariott hotel is practically on top of the Orange line's Bonaventure station. It is arguable which would be faster, walking to the office from the hotel or the metro, since you'd have to transfer at Lionel-Groulx.
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

Quote Originally Posted by Ainen View Post
    Guy/Concordia is on the Green line. The Mariott hotel is practically on top of the Orange line's Bonaventure station. It is arguable which would be faster, walking to the office from the hotel or the metro, since you'd have to transfer at Lionel-Groulx.
    Thanks for pointing it out, updated now

Hmmm 1400$ for the flight from Oslo to Montreal, semi ok i guess, could have been worse. Sad thing is that i dont have any vacation to take out wtb AO T-Shirt tho!!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

There is no way I could get tehere, cause financial issues: tickec costs 1100$ (My monthaly paycheck is 800$, and its considered above avarge...) so total costs would bring me to get loan for this purpose... Why can't Canada fly to meh?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Still waiting for that tax return :|

Flight to montreal is ~1100$ and climbing
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Pick one near the hotel Marriott - can't go wrong.

Priceline Chitown to Mont = $380 name your own and to Ottawa = $290 same, Roundtrip!

Greyhound advanced purchase $174 from Chitown to Mont roundtrip!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldoz View Post
    Greyhound advanced purchase $174 from Chitown to Mont roundtrip!
    Delta Airlines: $428 - 5 hours travel time, each way. On a 6 day trip, 6 days in Montreal
    Greyhound $319 - 2 days travel time, each way. On a 6 day trip, 2 days in Montreal.

I'm thinking Greyhound just isn't an option.

Is the public transportation system from airport- > hotel relatively uncomplicated? I don't have a ton of PT experience, and it took a bit of practice to get comfortable with Oslo's.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Is the public transportation system from airport- > hotel relatively uncomplicated? I don't have a ton of PT experience, and it took a bit of practice to get comfortable with Oslo's.

Simple, 747 bus, $8.

(Let me preface that by saying that I could confidently navigate London, Toyko and Hong Kong's subways, so depends on your experience level)
    Last edited by Igri00; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 01:13:05. Reason: Add quote

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Simple, 747 bus, $8.
    WAIT A MINUTE! $8 for a punny bus ticket? NO WAI!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

15 minute walk > $8.

Maybe if it was more like an hour walk
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

^^ with $8 I can buy 2 full meals. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    15 minute walk > $8.

As someone who has walked at least that distance in Montreal, I can definately say that it's closer to a 3hr walk, and if your carrying any kind of bagage it'll seem like a 10 hour walk, and navigating from the airport to anyplace close with sidewalks is gonna be a nightmare, the access to and from the airport is NOT pedestrian friendly, you have to navigate highways and overpasses.

Even though the ads might say Only 15 minutes from the airport, it's closer to 20-25 min (more if during traffic hours)

I used to walk from Saint Laurence street down Sherbrook to Decari and then up Decari to a little Orange Jullip store beside the old Blue Bonnets Race track, that walk was 1 hour and 30 min. (one way) the airport is at least double that and with nightmare navigation once you get near the airport surrounded by the highways.

From what I can tell the $8 shuttle bus from the airport to downtown (Queen E Hotel) is well worth it, and you are about 5-10 min from the Queen E to the Marriot Hotel. and Downhill at that.

At the airport just ask where the Downtown Shuttle to Bonneventure or the Queen E is and hop on.

Seriously.. you guys made me laugh, walk from the airport to Downtown LoL, rotflmao hahahaha

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    15 minute walk > $8.

Yea, according the the information on the bus, they said that during traffic hours, the bus ride itself may take up to an hour!

Plus, the $8 bus ticket includes a 24 hour metro ticket or is included in any 3 or 7 day metro pass, so really, it isn't a big deal. Just get a 3 day metro pass and then get on the bus.

I guess I lucked out, Montreal is only a 4hr drive from me ;D
    Thebigtank- 220/25 Enforcer
    Scribbs - 220/30 Solly
    Avatiev - 220/25 Trox Agent
    Illest - 220/23 Doc
    Canibeat - 218/11 Crat

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast