Thread: 18.4.4 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4.4 Update Release Notes

18.4.4 Update Release Notes

* Ignored users can no longer invite you to private chat channels.
    * Users should no longer crash when modifying text in an input box (ie: adjusting a price in a player shop.)
    * Over-Equiped items will no longer be indicated in inspect functionality of other player's gear.
    * More Docaholic icon shinyness
    * Removed a serious exploit.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

FYI: On RK1 there is still a Christmas gift on top of the Fortune Corner/Arms and Stuff building in Borealis.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

And one on the ground in Rome Blue next to the Gate to Galway.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

in fact it's a rollback of several weeks ?

"* Over-Equiped items will no longer be indicated in inspect functionality of other player's gear."

What does that mean ? will the OE item not show in red ? or will the OE items not show at all ? (blank spot ?)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    in fact it's a rollback of several weeks ?

"* Over-Equiped items will no longer be indicated in inspect functionality of other player's gear."

What does that mean ? will the OE item not show in red ? or will the OE items not show at all ? (blank spot ?)
    It never really displayed the OE items of your target but rather showed the same slots the person inspecting had OE as OE on the target. This is now disabled as it wasn't displaying anything correct or useful at all.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Since we are mentioning outdated stuff that needs to be removed, what about the land control status on RK3 on the official AO website?

http://lcmaps.anarchy-online.com/lc_Die_Neue_Welt.jpg
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Since we are mentioning outdated stuff that needs to be completely redone, what about the official AO website?
    /fixed
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

18.4.4 Update Release Notes
    * Removed a serious exploit.
    Thank you.

Might have saved RK1 as we know it.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Thank you.

Might have saved RK1 as we know it.
    Harm allready done... Will take some time for thing to settle back.

Um.. did they ninja out the static pet names? My pets no longer stay named the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Um.. did they ninja out the static pet names? My pets no longer stay named the same...
    It's a new setting.
    If you're using a custom GUI, some stuff might bork a bit.

Try: /setoption AutoPetRenaming true
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Apr 10th, 2011 at 09:14:31.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Tnx!

Edit: Can't find option <AutoPetRenaming>.
    Last edited by Hvyshadows; Apr 10th, 2011 at 19:42:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I also wanna add that "Switch Fighting Target" is now keybidding. And its default innactive >.>

Zomg ninja patchs!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Actually 'switch fighting target' always was bound to shift+q (it just never was listed in the F10 menu for as long as I can remember), and it defaults to that now as well - if it didn't for you, then you probably have a custom GUI, messed with the files yourself or used an old Prefs folder.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...