Thread: Characters transfert, wtf ?

Characters transfert, wtf ?

Dear FunCom,

I used the transfert char, yesterday for the first time. I was impressed by the price itself (about 10€), but I decided to use it anyway.
    What a surprise! I thinked that involved a quick process from your part, but no..
    My demand is still pending, same as yesterday, no more information.
    Seriously, when a company make paid service, you guys should actually WORK on it.
    The worst thing is I have to wait for that, to move then other toons between account..
    How long I will have to wait lol? a week? When you know that in other MMO it quasi-insta... well, well..
    *whine off*
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

/me highfives Abdominaux - I ordered the transfer of some chars from RK3 to RK1, some were ordered last Thursday, the rest last Sunday.
    Still pending with different statements from different guys...

KD - willing to come back, but can't
    Krissy Krisdoc Machtgesund (LVL220/21 Doc)
    Lussam (LVL150 Enfo - Sector10 tank )
    Yeah "Mixit" Baby - Grenade-Engineer
    Prince "Cratbureau" Charming

Hmm , FC stated that char transfert is locked atm? because on the webpage there is nothing about it...
    To Krisdoc, Thursday.. ouch.. I mean it's paid service, it must be quick!
    The most frustrating thing that there is no progress, you don't know if you are close or not... Silly !
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Any issues with payment of accounts/payment options/expansions/transfers or any other account issues must be dealt with via e-mailing account@anarchy-online.com, which is the dedicated resource for these issues.

These issues cannot be dealt with on the forums, and generally cannot be handled via the petition system.

First I got a note (from some GM (?) at the LiveChat) that the admin will take care of this - that was last Saturday, I think.
    Then I mailed the support and got a reply that it will be done within the next 24 hours - that was on Monday.
    Next info I received was about the same what OfficeSupplies posted (just in German) - that was on Tuesday.
    The FC website still says "Character transfers may take up to 6 hours to be processed and you must be logged out completely while your character is being transferred.".

@Abdominaux: It's not just paid service - I also already reactivated the account on Sunday after the info from LiveChat that it will be handled. So right now I just can use some new toons which I created out of frustration on Noob Island - and not my chars which are from 2005.

Did the left hand know what the right hand is doing at FC? I hosted websites on my own and a simple change of text is done within seconds - so at least I can expect some up-to-date info on the webpage which corresponds to the transfer.

I am about to cancel and delete AO if I can't use my characters by this weekend - sorry FC.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeSupplies View Post
    Just hang in there Krisdoc! The game is to much fun to delete hehe! You're not alone in this boat!
    Indeed. The starboard side of the ship is burning though... with white hot rage! :P

I am sorry that you are experiencing bad CS kris, but do not be so fast as to cancel as they do do their jobs it just takes time some of the time I have been here since 2001 and have experienced a lot of that and I always come back, even if I threaten to quit for life...
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeSupplies View Post
    Totally agree that the information is lacking a bit. Could be posted somewhere on the administration website or somewhere on the message boards, and then people wouldn't have to email or petition to ask.
    I whole-heartedly agree with the above. I'm a real fan of FC and I think I'm pretty understanding about most things. But something like this should be posted somewhere, since you have to stay logged out of your accounts during the transfer time.

I was about to give my pending transfer another full 24 hours before canceling the transfer and trying again later, until I found out that there's a problem with the transfers. I canceled the transfer so I could play on those accounts, and I'll try again later.

In my current situation, having to wait isn't a real problem. My transfer will just make things a little more convenient for me. But not logging in while waiting for a transfer, when you don't know that there's a known issue and the transfer just isn't going to happen, is sad.

So perhaps when the problem is resolved, FC might post it somewhere? So we know?
    -
    Last edited by tiralee; Apr 9th, 2011 at 15:50:05.

My main problem is: I originally was on RK3 with all of my characters. So atm I can't do anything - for about one week now, which is more than frustrating. I only have some noob chars which I just created plus one froob char which is naked - as all stuff is on my mule-account whose characters are also not transferred.

What annoys me most is the lack of precise informations - just a "it may take some time", "I can't do anything" is everything, but not good customer service.

Kris

Character transfer has always been an iffy thing. Don't know why they're even bothering to charge for it since its so unreliable, but that's apparently the business Funcom is interested in these days.

Ahh, simple frill-free subscriptions. I miss thee.

Regardless, I'd bank on it being disabled for at least a few weeks. Months, at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Any issues with payment of accounts/payment options/expansions/transfers or any other account issues must be dealt with via e-mailing account@anarchy-online.com, which is the dedicated resource for these issues.

These issues cannot be dealt with on the forums, and generally cannot be handled via the petition system.
    Thats pretty funny, ive sent 4 emails asking why exactly was i banned from forums. It was around 10 days ago, still no answer...
    RK2 characters: Asasello Sottocapo - tl7s , Zomowiec - tl5 enf, Maciejq - tl5 NT, Chinaski - 150 sold, Ciek - 150 trader, Rysiek - 150 engi, Ciekafsky - 150 ma - full o'phatz, no need to post equips.
    RK1: Ciex - 150 nt kinda gimpy but at last i could say im a selfkite man!

Still no more information, same page, still pending, ah well i will cancel it I think grrr

Funny funny funny - out of curiousity I tried to transfer/copy one of my chars to testlive... was finished within 10 minutes this Sunday night.

Kris

Funcom employee

The account character transfer functionality was apparently disabled recently due to some various issues with the system. My sincerest apologies that no one brought this to the public's attention prior to now.

Closing the thread as the topic has been answered.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~