Thread: Deleting Bags with Stuff Inside

Deleting Bags with Stuff Inside

We're able to do this again since the last patch.

Intended?

Thanks for the warning
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

To delete a bag, you must remove all contents.

or not..
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Awesome if we can delete full back packs again...gonna rush and clear up my bank when I get home from work tonight!

exploit...that makes deleting stuff to easy!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

How? Trying to delete a filled backpack the usual way won't work for me. PM please if it's some secret technique ^^
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Can't check now, but if it works it's good, HOWEVER fc might to give it a warning message if the bp has stuff in it.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Built up false hope..tried last night and I wasn't allowed.

Couldn't delete backpacks with stuff in eitehr on topic

Talking 5 Step method of cleaning the bank!

1.) Extract backpack from bank to inventory
    2.) Remove nodrop and unique items from backpack
    3.) Open trade with random N3WB.
    4.) Insert bag of *phatz* into trade window.
    5.) Accept trade with very excited N3WB!!

I just deleted backpack full of items, and didnt get any warning msg that backpack is not empty.
    If you hold right click and delete that way, you will not be able to. If you move item from inventory like you would place it on the ground, and try to delete that way, you will do it, and wont receive any warning.
    Last edited by Muckota; Apr 12th, 2011 at 15:06:17.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post
    I just deleted backpack full of items, and didnt get any warning msg that backpack is not empty.
    If you hold right click and delete that way, you will not be able to. If you move item from inventory like you would place it on the ground, and try to delete that way, you will do it, and wont receive any warning.
    I tried that too and still wasn't allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    I tried that too and still wasn't allowed
    That 's strange
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

I just sold my bag to a shop.

Which is as good as deleting it.

Slightly misleading - but the bag still had a ton'o'stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    I just sold my bag to a shop.

Which is as good as deleting it.

Slightly misleading - but the bag still had a ton'o'stuff in it.
    You should be able to do this anyway...and the shop should calc a price for everything inside!

My understanding from a while back... Old backpacks you've had for ages (like before whatever update it was) cannot be deleted with items still in them, backpacks obtained since can. Some of my bags i could delete, some I could not.
    Ravemar - MA-ish, RK1

Alts galore as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeSupplies View Post
    If you leave the backpack in the bank slot and delete it from within the bank (by right clicking) there is no warning even if full, at least it worked for me when I tried with a bag of old rubbish I meant to throw out.
    I had the weirdest glitch happen, twice, when I did that. I've never heard of it happening to anyone else.

I used to store some empty backpacks in my bank, for when I might need one but might not be in a shop where I could buy one. As my bank filled up, sometimes I would delete an empty backpack or two directly from my bank to make more room.

Then one time I deleted an empty backpack directly from my bank and lost a full backpack from my inventory. Fortunately a very nice GM was able to replace my stuff. I didn't know if the two were related, but I decided to never delete a backpack directly from my bank again.

Some time later, after I had forgotten the incident, I deleted an empty backpack directly from my bank again. And again, I lost a full backpack from my inventory. The weirdest thing was, it was the exact same inventory backpack that I had lost before. And it was in the exact same slot in my inventory that it had been in before. Again, a very nice GM was able to replace my stuff.

Since then I've renamed that backpack and made sure it was in a different inventory slot. And I've managed, so far, to remember to never delete a backpack directly from my bank again. I still don't know if the two actions were related, but I'd rather not take the chance.

Very strange.