Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AO TeamSpeak server (unofficial)

Also the registration of alts is not well defined. I think adding instructions and how to do it, and how it works in the first post would be great.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Enjoying the recent changes and am looking forward to a small version of the badge. Thanks, Tshaar.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

The feature regarding alts and how to register and the way Treamspeak works now is still vague. I would suggest adding the info regarding the new feature, how it works and how it benefits users on the first post.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Yes I'll update the first post and add some info on how the alts work. People seem to think they can have only one.
    For the first time users: nothing really changed.

As for the badge, for it to work you have to have an alt registered (it has to be in your description). While your alt status is reflected instantly in AOSpeak, the badge is updated on a 5min basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Enjoying the recent changes and am looking forward to a small version of the badge. Thanks, Tshaar.
    Thanks! It's nice to receive some positive feedback for my hard work.
    Other players seem to be enjoying the changes as well so... win!
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Everyone got kicked from TS and we got:

<19:10:40> Disconnected from server (invalid parameter size)

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Everyone got kicked from TS and we got:
    Did you manage to get back in?
    By everyone you mean *everyone*?
    Did you complete the ingame registration as I requestied in the login notice?
    Last edited by Tshaar; Aug 23rd, 2011 at 09:07:31.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

I'm pretty sure it was everyone, too. I think the server had to be at the gym 'cause it happened a second time 26 minutes later. I've saved a copy of the system messages from the main tab and that part of my client log in case you want to see the events. Connection/server-related notices from my log:

Code:
    8/22/2011 6:11:15 PM	SCHandler	Error	Error during processClientUpdate	
    8/22/2011 6:11:15 PM	SCHandler	Warning	Error while parsing packet: invalid parameter size	
    8/22/2011 6:11:38 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "voice.aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:11:46 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:36:45 PM	SCHandler	Error	Error during processClientUpdate	
    8/22/2011 6:36:45 PM	SCHandler	Warning	Error while parsing packet: invalid parameter size	
    8/22/2011 6:38:07 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "voice.aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:38:27 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:40:27 PM		Info	Checking for updates...	
    8/22/2011 6:40:27 PM		Info	Update check, my version: 14954, latest version: 14954

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was everyone, too. I think the server had to be at the gym 'cause it happened a second time 26 minutes later. I've saved a copy of the system messages from the main tab and that part of my client log in case you want to see the events. Connection/server-related notices from my log:

Code:
    8/22/2011 6:11:15 PM	SCHandler	Error	Error during processClientUpdate	
    8/22/2011 6:11:15 PM	SCHandler	Warning	Error while parsing packet: invalid parameter size	
    8/22/2011 6:11:38 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "voice.aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:11:46 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:36:45 PM	SCHandler	Error	Error during processClientUpdate	
    8/22/2011 6:36:45 PM	SCHandler	Warning	Error while parsing packet: invalid parameter size	
    8/22/2011 6:38:07 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "voice.aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:38:27 PM		Info	No TSDNS found at "aospeak.com"	
    8/22/2011 6:40:27 PM		Info	Checking for updates...	
    8/22/2011 6:40:27 PM		Info	Update check, my version: 14954, latest version: 14954

A network hiccup, first this server has experienced so far (in four months) so I'm perfectly happy.
    No downtime was logged on the server itself but the network definitely did experience a very brief outage.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

As requested, I added another badge design: "tiny":

my status:

(this badge does not display the ingame toon's name for the obvious reasons)
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Just a quick notice: Ergo is set to delete players who didn't register an alt (this includes mods) from the database tomorrow, I think one week grace period was enough.

I need a consistent environment to continue working on new features
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Erm... that's not my alt! That's Bloody's alt...

(It says "I"m Ingame with Bloodynuke [RK1]")

Both me and Bloody are in TS, but I'm not in game.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

EDIT: haaay it works!
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Aug 28th, 2011 at 02:26:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post

Erm... that's not my alt! That's Bloody's alt...

(It says "I"m Ingame with Bloodynuke [RK1]")

Both me and Bloody are in TS, but I'm not in game.
    Fixed, thanks for the report
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Fixed a fatal error that made the bot crash when it's supposed to deliver your key for the first time. (Asking for the key the second time still worked though).

Error was rather recent and was caused by the rewritten logging system I didn't bother to test for some reason

Sorry about that.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Org channel registration system has been implemented, you no longer have to wait or ask to get a channel for your org.

Org's president (also a registered alt on AOSpeak) can simply issue a "/tell Speak org" command and a channel will be created automatically, with the president as the channel admin.

Once in place, you can rename the channel, password protect it, edit the description and set other players as co-admins/ops.
    Everyone gains the ability to create temporary sub-channels while inside (just like teams&raids) but the admin owns and manages all of them.

An alt has to be older than 24 hours in order to do this so: patience, young padawan.

Org channels not used for longer than a month will be deleted from the server.
    Last edited by Tshaar; Aug 28th, 2011 at 17:44:45.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

I tried to create it with an alt of my main:

[Speak]: Only a president can create an org channel. If you were just promoted please allow 24 hours for my database to update.

Ok so I tried to do it with my man (org pres), no response whatsover.

It appeared that my main was un-registered, so I had to use a new privilege key, which then put me "online" in TS.

Tried again to make org channel...

[Speak]: You registered this character with AOSpeak less than 24 hours ago. Please wait at least a day before creating an org channel.

My main has been registered for months, then the system itself somehow unregistered me, which in turn... well you can guess.

Now from a channel full of members, nobody is on TS because they don't see our org channel...

Wind, please try reading my posts before replying.
    From what I see everything is working perfectly and as intended, yet you're trying to make it sound as if an error occured or a bug exists.

Same thing happened with badges, I explained how they work and you linked a badge with an unregistered alt and then posted that "they don't work".
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

How to track TS Users who are online in-game (must be logged into Teamspeak).

Click on the Teamspeak User's name. Look at their Description, where his main and alts will be listed.

Any characters he is on, will have these signs around it << NAME >>.

For example, if I was online, it would look like this:

<< Windguaerd RK1 >> Kagesuma RK1, Meister RK1, Cosmos RK1, Obelix RK1, Waveblast RK1, Titan RK1, Noticiero RK1

The system also support multiple logged characters, so I could be dual logged like this:

<< Windguaerd RK1 >> <<Kagesuma RK1 >> Meister RK1, Cosmos RK1, Obelix RK1, Waveblast RK1, Titan RK1, Noticiero RK1

That would tell you that I'm online in-game with my main Windguaerd and my alt Kagesuma.

Good news everyone! (tm)

Tyrence just finished implementing an AOSpeak command in BudaBot, and confirmed it will be included with the BudaBot 2.3 release.
    This is the first software using the (currently undocumented) AOSpeak API and I'm really excited to see it in action!

You'll be able to get a list of members in your AOSpeak org channel simply by typing !aospeak ingame, no setup, no config, it works almost as soon as the org president registers a channel.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    Good news everyone! (tm)

Tyrence just finished implementing an AOSpeak command in BudaBot, and confirmed it will be included with the BudaBot 2.3 release.
    This is the first software using the (currently undocumented) AOSpeak API and I'm really excited to see it in action!

You'll be able to get a list of members in your AOSpeak org channel simply by typing !aospeak ingame, no setup, no config, it works almost as soon as the org president registers a channel.
    Wohoo!!!!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast