Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AO TeamSpeak server (unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    AOSpeak is from this point forward hosted and managed by Teknologist.
    You are in good hands, people.
    Thanks Tshaar, you are leaving some big shoes to fill

I will do my best to keep the servers up and keep this project moving forward. Please be patient during the transition phase. We are still working out some details.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues, suggestions or questions.

Thank you all for your support.
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

am liking the server, just wish i knew how to add the "who's online function" to our own server so we can add our alts and know whos online etc
    Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1)
    Deathkillz 220/24 Soldier
    Fixstar 220/18 Fixer
    Deathealz 220/18 Doctor
    Deathchillz 187/12 Bureaucrat
    Deathskillz 147/3 Engineer

Make sure your org bot is using the latest version of BudaBot 2.3 GA. You can get it from the BudaBot Site here.

Once you have that, the command is !aospeak <org> or <all>.
    I honestly haven't tested it myself, but now that you have brought it up I will.

AOSpeak Site

The AO Teamspeak server is currently experiencing a major network outage with no ETR yet. It is being worked on and is escalated to the highest level.

We are waiting for the new redundant line to be installed, which should happen in the next month or so.

Please use the backup server in the meantime. voice2.aospeak.com

It does not support the in game Speak bot or the org channels however. You can just join in and head to the Anarchy Online Channel. There is plenty of room for everyone.

Also worth noting: The api is currently be revamped and will be unavailable for a while. This is an unrelated issue.

I will be monitoring this thread for any questions or issues.

I will also move the forums to the backup location so as to avoid the site and Teamspeak server both being down at the same time if this happens again.

Thanks for your patience.

AOSpeak Site

All Network issues were resolved on 4/12/2012 at 4:53 PM EST.

The TS Server and Forums are back up. The API is still being worked on.
    Last edited by Teknologist; Apr 13th, 2012 at 19:13:05. Reason: Added Date

AOSpeak Site

Just got logged onto this. Looks great and I'm sure it'll be a benefit. Good effort chaps.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

New AOSpeak theme for TS!

Docoholic, the well known artist that has created hundreds of new icons for AO (all for free) was kind enough to create a AOSpeak theme for Teamspeak!

You can download it from the file browser in the Reets Retreat channel in AOS or you can get it from the Official AOS Forums here.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Docoholic, the well known artist that has created hundreds of new icons for AO (all for free) was kind enough to create a AOSpeak theme for Teamspeak!

You can download it from the file browser in the Reets Retreat channel in AOS or you can get it from the Official AOS Forums here.
    I have been using it and it looks great! Thanks Doc!

We now have a dedicated Sector 42 Channel now for RK2. They are using it daily for Sector 42 raids. Jump in and get your S42 gear! RK1 users, if you want one too, start using it and we'll set you right up! Big Raids are best with Voice!!!

I have also tried, unsuccessfully to encourage more players to use it when enjoying PVP such as Tower and Battlestation. It's easy to use and the communication enhances the fun and success rates. Anyone can create their own sub-channel in the Teams and Raids channels and then password them and give the password out in the Raid or team chat. That should provide more than enough security for those worrying about spies.

In addition we now have support for the Test Live server. The bot will let you register and keep track of your alts and online status. Unfortunately the Auto Org channel feature will not work for test because the bot can't verify the org leader on Test. There is no XML data to query for test (Or is there and I don't know about it?). However I have made a few channels for the long established Test orgs that I know of. COT, Bratpack, Foolish Testers and Tir Muffin Coop. If any others want channels simply let me know and I'll set them up manually (Test Only, RK1 and RK2 the bot does for you!).

We have recently past our One Year Anniversary!! Its been a lot of fun!

Speaking of Anniversaries.... AO will be 11 this June, come celebrate with us in the AOSpeak server!!!

AOSpeak Site

I would like to welcome back players who have returned to AO after some time away. This is an interesting time to return!

For those of you who are unaware or for those who may have forgotten, there is a place where all AO players are welcome.

Welcome to AOSpeak, the unofficial AO TeamSpeak server! Now over two years old!

We have fixed all the issues that were caused by the merge and are fully up and running! We had the Speak bot up as soon as the servers came up, but there were a few other issues that were actually unrelated to the merge.

Also for anyone who has registered their alts previously you will need to add your alts again using the /tell Speak join command in game.

All users who have connected previously are still welcome to join but your online status will not be recognized and your online alts won't show until you register your alts.

Org channels have been merged but are otherwise being left as is, despite the org id's being changed. when I get some time I will manually update the org id's in the database. Everyone who had channel admin will still have it.
    There are currently 33 Org channels on the server! If you are having any difficulty setting up your org channel contact myself or one of the AOSpeak moderators.

We now have dedicated PVP channels. Hellcom is the official Omni headquarters and Bangbot is the Clan one. I would appreciate the Clan leaders contacting me so I can set up their channel admins as needed. PM here or contact me in AOSpeak or the AOSpeak forums. I can also be reached in-game on Teknocrat.

There are also dedicated channels for the Testlive Orgs, AO Universe and GridStream productions. The admins for those need to be setup manually.

If you have an suggestion for AOSpeak don't hesitate to post in our forums.

/bump

AOSpeak Site

Fixed again!
    PoRK changed the dimension from 1 to 5.
    When the org bots stop updating the org rosters and whois, this is probably why...
    Last edited by Teknologist; Mar 8th, 2013 at 08:13:30. Reason: clarified

AOSpeak Site

AOS and AOS Backup are offline Tek.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    AOS and AOS Backup are offline Tek.
    There was a DNS Server issue. It was resolved a few minutes after I was made aware of it around 1:00 PM EST or so.
    According to the logs it went down around 7:30 am. It normally wouldn't have had an impact but because of the recent IP address changes I had made the DNS Expiration very short, minutes instead of days.
    Last edited by Teknologist; Mar 10th, 2013 at 23:28:39. Reason: More info

AOSpeak Site

Just wanted to mention that the AOSpeak server is coming up on it's 3rd birthday!

For three years we have been providing free, reliable voice chat for the AO community.

Here's to many more years of AO and AOSpeak!

There is a new version of the bot in the works. It will add new features and allow us to upgrade the TS server to the latest version. More information to come!
    Feel free to post suggestions and ideas for the new version.

AOSpeak Site

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    Just wanted to mention that the AOSpeak server is coming up on it's 3rd birthday!

For three years we have been providing free, reliable voice chat for the AO community.

Here's to many more years of AO and AOSpeak!

There is a new version of the bot in the works. It will add new features and allow us to upgrade the TS server to the latest version. More information to come!
    Feel free to post suggestions and ideas for the new version.
    Getting close to 4 now
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    Getting close to 4 now
    Yes it is!
    Glad to see people still using it!

I'm open to holding some kind of birthday event. Suggestions welcome!

Lots of new Orgs using it, some of the old ones have faded away and their channels auto-purged...

We should try to get more players on there. Spread the word. Invite your friends and Org/team mates.

AOSpeak Site

AOSpeak is now over 4 years and counting!

Due to popular demand, the Force Push To Talk has been removed for all registered users. Guests and users that have not registered with the bot since the merge will have to register with the Speak bot in order to use the other voice activation methods. These users have the Monkey (Guest) and Question Mark icons.

We invite all the new and returning players to check us out and make AOSpeak your home while playing AO and even when you're not playing.

Iraid has decided to call AOSpeak their home.

If there are any others that wish to make AOSpeak their home please contact me if you have any special requirements.

AOSpeak Site

AOSpeak is currently experiencing Network issues at this time. Starting at around 3:30 am EST.
    Basically our Fiber line was cut (possibly by a manhole fire), and as Murphy would have it, I'm in the middle of getting a new backup provider.
    Fingers crossed, hopefully this will be resolved quickly...

I'll try to update you here if I have a timeframe for the repair.

Thanks for your patience.

AOSpeak Site

All network issues resolved. Phew!

AOSpeak Site

Unfortunately the Crew that damged the fiber last night during some street construction has done it again. Now they have to replace a large section of the Fiber... Ugh...

AOSpeak Site

Thank you for the updates!!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast