Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Information when char transfer is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    transfer between *servers* (IE: moving from D3 to D2, for example)
    Does that also imply there is an option to transfer from RK2 > RK1 and vice verca?

Funcom employee

Nope.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

signed - unfortunately...
    Krissy Krisdoc Machtgesund (LVL220/21 Doc)
    Lussam (LVL150 Enfo - Sector10 tank )
    Yeah "Mixit" Baby - Grenade-Engineer
    Prince "Cratbureau" Charming

Well the worst support has not changed in 10 years, what happend to the good old Gamigo crew on RK3 they stole your crappy show. And the Playtime lost during transfer well, i think it's gone too.
    Maryjoe Marybeth Shenjee - Proud Veteran of The Omni Organisation Black Thorns. RK3

Just to ask a question: You allow char transfers from RKx to RKy, yes? Because AO's population is what it is, why not merge two remaining servers and form one server where is more life and propably more people to play with?
    Server: Rimor (Rubi-Ka 2) - Omni Loyal and Northern Star lurker

Kuolematon - MP (NM)

Achiever 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Explorer 40% - ASK. 3% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Quote Originally Posted by LVirus View Post
    Just to ask a question: You allow char transfers from RKx to RKy, yes? Because AO's population is what it is, why not merge two remaining servers and form one server where is more life and propably more people to play with?
    A server merger did wonders for DAOC. The developer (Mythic) publishes the server population figures on the front page of their community site for all to see (quite a bold move I always thought and could work against them surely?). Prior to merging the servers the Classic realm averaged 300 players a night and the ToA server 800. Post merger the new super cluster (Ywain) crashed regularly due to hitting the 4000 player cap as rediculous amounts of old players came back. Mythic had to increase the pop limits temporarily until new hardware wad fitted.

I adamantly believe that merging RK1 and RK2 would have the same impact for Funcom. I cannot emphasise enough just how dramatic an effect it was for DAOC. The game world went from barren to completely stuffed with players within a week. It was fantastic to be a part of.
    Last edited by nat3s; May 4th, 2011 at 19:48:28.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    A server merger did wonders for DAOC. The developer (Mythic) publishes the server population figures on the front page of their community site for all to see (quite a bold move I always thought and could work against them surely?). Prior to merging the servers the Classic realm averaged 300 players a night and the ToA server 800. Post merger the new super cluster (Ywain) crashed regularly due to hitting the 4000 player cap as rediculous amounts of old players came back. Mythic had to increase the pop limits temporarily until new hardware wad fitted.

I adamantly believe that merging RK1 and RK2 would have the same impact for Funcom. I cannot emphasise enough just how dramatic an effect it was for DAOC. The game world went from barren to completely stuffed with players within a week. It was fantastic to be a part of.

Personally I think this is why WoW is so popular. You can log on and do something almost instantly.

On RK2 atm it's: Log-on. Check LFT. It's Empty. I can't do anything. Log off.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

lies! in WoW you log on and camp battleground queues and the dungeon finder
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Edit: Seems to be working again now? :O Too good to be true, I'll believe it when it's done :P
    Last edited by IsisClarke; May 11th, 2011 at 21:01:53.

Quote Originally Posted by LVirus View Post
    It sounds good, but at the same time not so good....
    Whap happens if they do that, and u have chars on both servers? (like i do.) Whats will happen to all the "extra" chars if u allready have 8 chars on RBK 1 and u also have 8 chars on RBK 2?

As i said before sound good and at the same time no - to eliminate that imatter then FC will need to make 16 chars / account.....
    Quee

It didn't stop Funcom merging RK3 into RK1/2 so I should imagine they have already solved this riddle. I believe one of the developers posted screenshots recently of a revamp to the character selection process (which allowed characters to be selected post-login rather than from the patch form). It is not inconceivable to think they would be addressing problems with the number of chars a merger might present whilst completing this update.

As I said above, merging servers breathed new life into DAOC and seems to have extended its shelf-life considerably. I think it is reasonable to believe it would have the same effect on AO. With so much emphasis on grouping (from quests to raids), the pop has almost reached the point at which PvE cannot be sustained on RK2. Not a good thing for a game with very little solo content.
    Last edited by nat3s; May 12th, 2011 at 12:28:34.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Funcom employee

As some of you have probably already noticed the character transfer from D3 to D1/2 is now active and operational again. I want to apologize to everyone for the amount of time this took - I'm not entirely clear on the details myself, but from what I've heard from the department working on the transfer system it wasn't pretty. >< Thankfully, though, things seem to be up and running again and transfers can take place once more. =)

NOTE: If your transferred D3 character is experiencing issues or problems with the Daily Missions system, please send a petition in-game referencing the problem and a member of our Customer Support team will assist you as soon as possible. Thank you. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12