Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 15th, 2011 - 10th Anniversary Content Suggestions

An order form on the account page for real world AO T-shirts so that those that are unable to attend the real world celebration can at least buy an official shirt.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

For the 10th Anniversary... a new all-players dungeon? A version of the Tarasque, where the PvP is 25%, except the bosses are like in the Battlestation zones? 1-30, 31-60, 61-100 ect. When you go in, the different entrances lead to either side, the Old Athens one to one, the Rome Green one to another, and then they battle, for some well-thought out loot tables for the levels, such as the first 1-30 one has a high chance of dropping dyna weapons or Grid Armour, the second has a chance of stuff like Grid Armour and perennium weapons (Looted from chests) and the third yielding Shadowlands Weapons such as Mortiig... then the highest ones have a high chance of Notucomm or Imbued Globes of Clarity. Good idea, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    A Pioneer backpack should be mailed to a char when they hit 1,000 days of in-game time.
    Even I haven't afk that much ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche
    An order form on the account page for real world AO T-shirts so that those that are unable to attend the real world celebration can at least buy an official shirt.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    Repeatable quest for a full IPR for any level char. (Max one full IPR point at a time to prevent people from farming them at low levels.)

No one likes being stuck with a gimped up char, and due to the nature of AO the ones most likely to suffer from this would be new players. Plus old players would benefit as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would break AO to allow this.
    this.

the obviously "intended" check and balance that is created, by keeping IP resets restricted/limited, actually has kept pvp from reaching its full potential in AO. that, and the seriously big pita that comes with making major changes to a toon. that alone is punishment enough for messing up IPs and having to redo them.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

I would like the Smugglers Den to be open to toons of all levels for the time of the festivities and maybe even after. Can't imagine any "funner" activity then trying to survive a big train of red mobs.

And to make it even more interesting, I would love to see a level 300 special mob (with GM stats) chain casting a huge taunt and running from the queen lair to where the PC toon is. It then should cast a hostile nano (at least 80 hours) on the toon that would generate at least 1 000 000 aggro points every second. Then it should vanish, leaving a funny text in vicinity. For example "Buy a 220 toon ya nub.", would be hilarious and very appropriate.

PS: Almost forgot:

FIRSTEST!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Lusos101; Apr 17th, 2011 at 07:18:43. Reason: Ya.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Spawn piñata's all over RK in a similar manner like the pumpkins at Halloween. And let them drop all sorts of nice goodies.
    Some excellent ideas for those goodies were mentioned before, like the 2 line customizable T-shirt. I'd love to have one of those!
    Bumflake
    General of Wen-tzu Enclave

Bumflake, Bumdoc, Bumslug, Corporatebum, Bumwaxer, Bumrush,
    Bumhole, Bumnorris, Bumchum, Bumbarian, Bumcakes, Bumhair.

be able to combine all garden keys into one

- a ingame tool to change the colour of every armor to get a loot more different looks without any need to implent a lot of new stuff.

- a lot more weapons in different styles. For example the get any use for old weapons. Tradeskill = RK oldschool weapon XY with 1-1 DMG + xan / dreadloch / ai weapon = style coustomized XY Weapon (with a complete new or merged style not old rk or new xan / dread / ai )

- or if a weapon from same weapon type is equiped in social window it is able to attack.

- there are very many old shoulderpads inside the db! Why dont you give them a visual mesh and some not so senceless stads?

What about the Agent nano changes?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyxtina View Post
    2) Anything inspired by Lady Gaga - especially fashion inspired by The Fame era... glitter, futuristic shouldpads, etc
    a meat pullover would be nice !!
    Last edited by Carmo; Apr 17th, 2011 at 18:01:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    I would like the Smugglers Den to be open to toons of all levels for the time of the festivities and maybe even after. Can't imagine any "funner" activity then trying to survive a big train of red mobs.
    But....Smuggler's Den is open to all level ranges....
    How do you think we kill the mobs for our alts?

The artists have started to arrive!

What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary?
    10 years is a long time and we'd love to hear your dreams and ideas of what you would like to be there for the 10th anniversary.
    A paraglider !!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    New engine.
    Good idea

The ability to have several 'equipable' IP configurations (if neccesary you could make that a paid service)
    This is my signature. Gaze upon its awesomeness and weep because yours can never be this awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthor View Post
    What Red said

The final combined key could have some extra modifiers (gives people a reason to do all key quests other than for xp reward)
    Maybe the final key even could add different modifiers for each profession, making it compete with dreadlock, albtraum and other nice utils
    OR
    It could add some abilities/treatment to make life easier for those that still are having big troubles equipping all their XAN alphas even with all gear available ingame
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Quote Originally Posted by Redthor View Post
    Only one problem: how do the statues of transition know which garden you want to go to?
    This is my signature. Gaze upon its awesomeness and weep because yours can never be this awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    Only one problem: how do the statues of transition know which garden you want to go to?
    Could make the keyring right-clickable, like the protest placards and zigball pennants.

Or design it like the options you get when you are in the grid & hit the "Notum Controller & organization city" terminal.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Riawn View Post
    Could make the keyring right-clickable, like the protest placards and zigball pennants.
    A possible 10 right-clicks to get the garden/sanct key you want? ewwwww
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

(Pulls out 10th anniversary item)

10 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    10 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    And if one of those plumbo's should accidentally fall,
    There'll be 9 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 10 plumbo cans, and now there's 9)

9 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    9 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 9 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 9 plumbo cans, and now there's 8)

8 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    8 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 7 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 8 plumbo cans, and now there's 7)

7 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    7 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 6 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 7 plumbo cans, and now there's 6)

6 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    6 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 5 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 6 plumbo cans, and now there's 5)

5 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    5 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 4 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 5 plumbo cans, and now there's 4)

4 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    4 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 3 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 4 plumbo cans, and now there's 3)

3 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    3 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 2 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 3 plumbo cans, and now there's 2)

2 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    2 empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.
    There'll be 1 empty plumbo sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 2 plumbo cans, and now there's 1)

1 empty plumbo sitting on the wall.
    1 empty plumbo sitting on the wall.
    And if that plumbo should accidentally fall,
    There'll be no empty plumbo's sitting on the wall.

(right click anniversary edition wall with 1 plumbo can, and now there's none)

*sadface*

tl;dr version : A wall with cans on it.
    Last edited by Zeephonz; Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:16:51.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast