Thread: Newland Warp Point - Place it in the city

Newland Warp Point - Place it in the city

Any reason why the exit from the grid is outside Newland city, in the same location as the emergency exit?

I remember a similiar thing with the Tir grid exit which also used to be the Clan emergency exit and that got moved.

Gets a bit annoying to have to appear outside and have to zone into Newland whenever you want to go there.

Please place a grid exit inside the city, preferably close to the west end.

Oh yea.. and place the bor grid exit right in front of FT..
    Seriously, you really get THAT lazy folks???

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

The Borealis exit is in Borealis...I don't see the comparision.

It's like having the OA grid point in that small area called Warton Valley, the Bor exit in the passage from Holes in the Wall or Romes in Galway Shire.

I suppose you could compare it to Romes since Romes point is in the centre zone but atleast your inside Rome.

Do we not think that Newland is important enough to warrant it's own grid exit within the city walls?

The man has a point. It's the only city grid point in the game that doesn't actually grid you into the city. And as someone that until a little while ago played on an old, crappy computer that second zone every time I wanted to go into Newland was a pain in the butt.

Bamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

yea, never understood it anyway. Place the grid exit Inside the city
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Sounds Logic to me, while we're at it: why does Omni Ent have two grid-points? (From inside the grid you cant pick between them and always exit via the one between the Whoompa's)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Sounds Logic to me, while we're at it: why does Omni Ent have two grid-points? (From inside the grid you cant pick between them and always exit via the one between the Whoompa's)
    I suggest leaving the emergency as it is and moving the other to front gates...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

If I remember correctly NLC grid actually was inside the city at one point on the top ledge by were the guy that gives the Prisoners quest is. It was moved outside of the city due to lag since NLC once was the big hub city similar to the way Bor is now.

The Tir city grid got moved outside the city at one point as well for this same reason though the grid terminal was left inside the city so it was easy enough for them to move it back in. Something similar happened in Omni Ent as well with the grid term dumping people to the second term as opposed to the one by the gates to Omni Forest. Unfortunately the NLC grid term was not given the same luxury so moving it back into the city would require actually adding it back to the city.

All that said however there really isn't a good reason why a grid term couldn't be added back to NLC now.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Agreed.... though it dont bother me as much it still is an extra trip and especially for lowbies who (get this run slow) takes several extra minutes from grid to whompah and what not. Not the worlds biggest issue but I personally like to have those extra few minutes lol.

Could maybe even stick the grid next to the area where you respawn from the neuters whompah... would make the trip all that much shorter lol
    The Heat of Inferno is burning you alive! You need protection! *grabs sunscreen*

Swiftsoldja ---> 220/26/57 Soldier
    Swifthealer ---> 203/16/18 Doctor
    Swiftma ---> 150/13/17 Martial Artist (S10 Twink)
    Natzuu ---> 60/6/14 Martial Artist (TOTW Twink)

Change Newland area for put in New Land Dessert. Why many so small zone?
    Please, give change form. Want main be neutral. Red vs Blue are boring now.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    Change Newland area for put in New Land Dessert. Why many so small zone?
    I don't think you can change where Cities are located

But Newland City is a major city, it deserves its own grid exit.

until they added the "spaced out" daily, I always grumbled about the newland grid exit location. the ICC grid that has been added recently (and by recent I mean within the past year or so), is laughably quicker to get to newland when used, then the actual newland grid exit is.

bump for moving grid back inside newland.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Or extend the city a bit.

Bump!

Move the Newland grid terminal inside Newland City, or add a new one to the city and keep the old one outside (convenient when doing the Spaced Out daily).

Sorry for the necro but I think this still is a valid request.
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Yes, I think it may have been outside the city long ago because the Newland Guards used to attack clan visitors. Well they don't now, so there is no reason to have the grid outside the city any longer.

Emma