Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Terminal Camping.

No More Terminal Camping.

In my opinion one of the things that detracts from enjoying your AO experience is unnecessary time sinks. And while shop terminal camping may not be the biggest time sink it can certainly be very annoying when you are left to run from city to city trying to find a certain item at a certain quality. I have spent hours of my in game life running around looking for certain weapons, armor, ts materials, ncus, etc for any number of purposes.

In order to fix this i propose that most terminals be changed from the inventory based system that is in place to a drop down menu that allows players to manually select what item they want, what quality they want the items to be, and the amount of the item they want. Perhaps there could still be a way to check stats on the items and have a visual reference for them so that new players could still navigate through them without the need to reference third part utilities/web sites.

Admittedly this isn't the most important fix that can be made to AO game mechanics, but it is something that can allow players to spend less time running in circles and more time playing the game.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT ADDING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN THE SHOP TO THE SHOPS. ITS ABOUT HAVING ALL ITEMS IN THE QL RANGES THAT ALREADY EXIST IN SHOPS AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME.
    Last edited by Sama; May 16th, 2011 at 03:21:30. Reason: clarity

have you tried click saver?

and kill the only way for froobs to make money? no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    have you tried click saver?
    Oh great, a 3rd party tool to solve something that shouldn't be an issue...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

in my opinion Click saver should be removed, think about the froobs.
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    In my opinion one of the things that detracts from enjoying your AO experience is unnecessary time sinks. And while shop terminal camping may not be the biggest time sink it can certainly be very annoying when you are left to run from city to city trying to find a certain item at a certain quality. I have spent hours of my in game life running around looking for certain weapons, armor, ts materials, ncus, etc for any number of purposes.

In order to fix this i propose that most terminals be changed from the inventory based system that is in place to a drop down menu that allows players to manually select what item they want, what quality they want the items to be, and the amount of the item they want. Perhaps there could still be a way to check stats on the items and have a visual reference for them so that new players could still navigate through them without the need to reference third part utilities/web sites.

Admittedly this isn't the most important fix that can be made to AO game mechanics, but it is something that can allow players to spend less time running in circles and more time playing the game.
    I don't think it's the way the shops display their goods just the fact that the QL's fluctuate so much.

They really do need to have certian items, such as the materials needed for certain tradeskills and Implant creation set out much more rigidly. The most common example of where players have to camp shops or search through 5-6 different cities is of course implants. You should be able to find the materials to make a ql1-70 implant in Basic shops, ql70-125 in Advanced shops and ql125-200 in Superior...without fail.

Or if they do still want to keep an element of chance to finding implants/clusters then they should give an ingame clicksaver option that allows you to select the type of mission reward that you get and displays the rewards just as clicksaver does. So everytime you roll all the rewards can be a specific type of item...for example Weapon/Cluster/Implant/Nano. While you'd still spend time doing clicksaver type work you'd clearly have more chance of finding the nano you are after since all of the results will be nanos.

You should also be able to select any QL mission from the mission terminals that you want. I'm not sure why the mechnic that certain player levels can only pull certain QL missions was ever put into the game in the first place. Maybe it was to prevent 220's pulling low QL missions and blitzing for the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Oh great, a 3rd party tool to solve something that shouldn't be an issue...
    /agree
    /me hides his 3rd party tools (FSync, ISync, vRoll, XRDB4)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

psh i know how to clicksave...

I am not suggesting you put everything in shops so there would still be a need for rolling mishes via mishbuddy or clicksaver. rather i am saying if something is currently shop buyable it should be always available in the ql/amount you need/want. why should i spend 5k+ rolls on a third party piece of software, or spend hours running in circles trying to find the right ncu, right cluster, right piece of armor, etc etc? i would prefer playing the game to sitting on the couch doing any of those things.

as for froobs making money. i fail to see how this would affect rolling concrete cushions, none shop buyable gear/nanos, and other items that are not in shops. they would basically lose money from the random find of buff guns that are periodically in shops.

Yup, may as well get rid of shops entirely. And, really, only one of these kiosks per city would be needed. Maybe in the middle of cities, as long as they're not too far away from the grid or whompahs. A huge monolith, that when clicked upon, generates each item players could want.

Um, no. Time-sinks are one of the defining characteristics of MMOs, right alongside "internet connection required." I apologize for sounding harsh, but I couldn't disapprove of this idea more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    Yup, may as well get rid of shops entirely. And, really, only one of these kiosks per city would be needed. Maybe in the middle of cities, as long as they're not too far away from the grid or whompahs. A huge monolith, that when clicked upon, generates each item players could want.
    hyperbole much?

no one is saying make everything instant click. rather i am proposing that certain terminals in the shopping area become much more user freindly and alway have a stock of any ql of the items people will need. if this happened people could have access to things such as low ncu, carb, apoc armor, omni steel ribbed, ma attacks, be able to make imps quicker, access to some buff guns, etc. none of that is game breaking or even close. it would just let the people play the game instead of afking with clicksaver running or spending hours running in circles looking for an item that is just the right ql.

Um, no. Time-sinks are one of the defining characteristics of MMOs, right alongside "internet connection required." I apologize for sounding harsh, but I couldn't disapprove of this idea more.
    you are correct time sinks are a part any MMO. the difference between our opinions regarding time sinks is that i think they should be fun and entertaining time sinks that involve playing/building your characters, and not be mind numbingly boring. i even agree that some time sinks are destined to be boring. camping the same mob for hours for items/nodrops is what it is and no one should expect powerful items at the click of a mouse. but what is the issue with giving players some level of convenience when it comes to he items that are currently in shop, aka basic/advanced/superior, terminals scattered throughout RK?
    Last edited by Sama; May 15th, 2011 at 18:28:13. Reason: fixed grammar issues.

Clicksaver is a plus, without, rk nanos will simply works as work all the sl stuff, looted randomly from missions, either by mission rewards, either by random chest loot.

So the fact that Clicksaver exists its already a big plus.

Asking to FC to definetly pwn rk content seems very stupid. They should instead enhance it.

I don't understand why when someone waste gigabillions of creds in ai armors, he can't spent 5m buying a nano or an ncu from GMS.

The fact that everything, included rk stuff, now is overpriced, shouldn't be solved by putting shops everywhere that gives all rk stuff for few creds. Fc should look into the source of the inflation and solve it. Else why not adding terms that sell ai bots, or already built ai armors!

it seems people dont understand that this is not about changing what is currently in basic, advanced, and superior shop terminals. rather its about making those items always available the qls that they are randomly available in now. i have no idea where people are getting this concept from. is it a language barrier or something?

<3 the toolset and complete repetoir of rk/sl but the gameplay is outdated. Bump for a great suggestion.

We are actually running out of available rk-mission lootstuffz since so few in 2011 wanna do that stuff for hours on end. With this or team-dailies more players could get to enjoy the full potential of AO and the profession they play, at a much much faster rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    Fc should look into the source of the inflation and solve it.
    Just wanted to point out that they did, but the damage was done

PS unless i read this wrong it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with rk missions
    Last edited by Maxisolja; May 16th, 2011 at 04:46:09.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisolja View Post
    Just wanted to point out that they did, but the damage was done

PS unless i read this wrong it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with rk missions
    Max, it very simple. For many reasons ,S10 bounties included, everything is now getting overpriced,rk stuff included. I saw 200 imps goin sold for 10m, same does deck stuff, i had to buy a deck range increaser for 12m.

Now ppls is getting upset for this, and are asking FC to pwn all rk content, and place it in shops.

Simply this.

Other one whining about imps

When i said that sooner or later, bounties incomes will pwn the game economy, i got trolled by Obtena, now this is happening.

Players farming 24/7 bounties, can't ask to FC to pwn all other game contents dued to inflation, caused by their bounties. And neither they can asks to pwn froobs game incomes, that are mainly sourced by selling imps/nanos/rk mish stuff, or paid players that sometimes run rk missions.

I did my lowbie 1k board by running rk mish in one day, and i did over 100m by selling imps/nanos i found in these missions. Way lower respect the creds i should have done farming s10, but still much fun that running in the s10 oddfest, that would force me to log my ma, so far i did some researches on my fresh new mp ;p

And since someone is advocating that actual rk stuff rarety/prices are pwning newbie, i just wanna remeber that rk missions are more easy than s10, none can odd u if you aren't topgeared, and when i started ao, i was able to farm my 200ish imps by myself ;p

Enjoy your inflation,

Oh jesus, you are so right, i just need another mod.notucomm, FC pls change it completly, add coldstones to shops, Solid Spiritech Mesh droprate to 120% (this means that Snatching Soul Dredge will open trade with u 20% of times and give ya the mesh, why we must kill him its a time SINK!).

After that i think it's clear that u can go play WoW.
    i still dont think that you understand that this has nothing to do with dyna loot or any other item that is not currently in rk shop terminals. no one is asking to put cold stones in a term. but you keep on trollin...

Now ppls is getting upset for this, and are asking FC to pwn all rk content, and place it in shops.
    do you just make this stuff up?

Bump for less time spent in game running from term to term, and more time playing.

Yes yes 1,000 times yes. Amazon.com has been able to send us exactly what we want to our doorsteps since 1994. 27,474 years later we gone backwards. Pretty sure Amazon.com's patents expired some 27,400 or so years ago....
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

because having the shops contain each of there items at every available quality level is not gonna break shops and cause more issues than it fixes?

Boohoo you gotta check a few stores to make your stuff, get over it, its an mmo, time sinks are always going to be present.

What next? All items being 100% drop rate off mobs because you found yourself camping for a certain item?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    because having the shops contain each of there items at every available quality level is not gonna break shops and cause more issues than it fixes?

Boohoo you gotta check a few stores to make your stuff, get over it, its an mmo, time sinks are always going to be present.

What next? All items being 100% drop rate off mobs because you found yourself camping for a certain item?
    Lets talk about that CC Armor you just toke away from your GMI inventory, but for some reason it doesnt go there in the next hour. So you have something to do and logout. Now your real life got hertic and you completely forgot about that item. One week later, you log back on AO and remember about your CC. Not in GMI, not in Mail. You petition and it ends up that it was send to your mail but got deleted cause it have amazing TWO DAYS expiration time and they cant give it back to you.

Yeah, no problem at all.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast