Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No More Terminal Camping.

That has nothing to do with both my post and the original thread.

As there asking for shop terminals (not the GMI) to contain all there items at every quality level because they find it a pain finding the right items for there tradeskills and such.

Your post is just simply player fault, if you cant hang around to pick up the item from the mail and don't try and get it within two days and it gets deleted then its your fault.

Its not like AO is the first game to have a limited time frame on getting mail items.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    because having the shops contain each of there items at every available quality level is not gonna break shops and cause more issues than it fixes?

Boohoo you gotta check a few stores to make your stuff, get over it, its an mmo, time sinks are always going to be present.

What next? All items being 100% drop rate off mobs because you found yourself camping for a certain item?
    LOL a few hours? Have you tried to track down certain armor pieces, weaps, etc that are in shops? try hours of running in circles, sometimes days. I am all for low drop rates as thats part of the game, I think that running in circles shopping, or afk with a third party program running, is a waste of time that people could be using to play the game. Nothing in shops is game breaking, at worst you would see an increase of ncu, apoc armor, and original electroniums.

no what you'd see is shops becoming broken due to each shop attempting to contain tens of thousands of items per terminal, becoming unusable due to trying to find a specific item in the long list and then stress on the game server becoming silly.

All because you want to find that item now, and you dont want to wait or settle for a different ql.

Its just a bad idea brought forth from pure laziness and self entitlement and would only lead into a further slippery slope of wanting things easier and "now" in the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    no what you'd see is shops becoming broken due to each shop attempting to contain tens of thousands of items per terminal, becoming unusable due to trying to find a specific item in the long list and then stress on the game server becoming silly.
    I assume you must know a lot about the code of the game or just plain old missed the part where I suggested that shops could be redone to function differently with drop down menus or even to be more like the new GMS.

All because you want to find that item now, and you dont want to wait or settle for a different ql.

Its just a bad idea brought forth from pure laziness and self entitlement and would only lead into a further slippery slope of wanting things easier and "now" in the rest of the game.

Lol your sense of hyperbolic drama is quite refined. So you think that if you make very meager/basic items more accessable it will lead to players demanding that actual game become super easy. What I am suggesting is not a threat to the rest of the game, its a way to circumvent hours of time spent afk on a third party program, or hours spent running in circles looking for an item, In the end it is a way to make acquiring the basic items needed in game available without huge lame unneeded time sinks. MMO's really do need time sinks, but they need ones that are content driven, not driven by standing in front of a terminal for hours.

I mean most people would rather go play the game, but hey if you like afking on clicksaver or running a circle through your sides cities I am sure there is a way you could still do that.

Wait, what? I read the OP as meaning if it's in a shop there should be a drop down menu to get a specific QL of that object to save searching EVERY TRADE SKILL SHOP IN RUBI-KA. Example: I need 7 sheets of QL 51 carb to make armour so rather than hit every TS Terminal shop in the game hoping it happens to be there I can go to 1 Advanced Terminal that I know lists carb plates, hit carb, select QL 51 and buy 7 plates. Same for imps, clusters, symbol libraries etc. How this breaks the game I don't know. It's not as if you can get imps from terminals above QL 125 for example.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Wait, what? I read the OP as meaning if it's in a shop there should be a drop down menu to get a specific QL of that object to save searching EVERY TRADE SKILL SHOP IN RUBI-KA. Example: I need 7 sheets of QL 51 carb to make armour so rather than hit every TS Terminal shop in the game hoping it happens to be there I can go to 1 Advanced Terminal that I know lists carb plates, hit carb, select QL 51 and buy 7 plates. Same for imps, clusters, symbol libraries etc. How this breaks the game I don't know. It's not as if you can get imps from terminals above QL 125 for example.
    Exactly... All this would do is let lower players find basic items and gear faster and get back to playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12