Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improved Chosen/Faithfull Armor

Improved Chosen/Faithfull Armor

Ok, Tier 3 Armor is outdated and poor, compared to the other options we have nowadays. And id love to see The chosen/faithfull armor with new life again, either as "Improved/upgraded" Chosen/Faithfull armor, or as a new "Tier 4" set.

The timing EDIT 1:"Was" perfect. With the new pande content beeing made, add some new drops from the boss/bosses of that new content, either in the form as a new glyph, or any other form of "upgrade" item, which can easily upgrade your Chosen/faithfull armor. My suggestion is "Black Glyph of Aban\Enel\Ocra". Sounds both mysterious and nasty

The Pros of this:

-Its PvM friendly. Many people dont do BS for Ofab, cause they are not pvp`ers, or just dont enjoy the BS at all. Other people dont have time to gather enough credits or have the time to farm bots for AI armor such as Combined.
    So it will be a good Armor option for people enjoying the pvm content of the game.
    (edit: yes i Know Ofab is buyable, yet another good reason for a alternative armor set for people who dont want to spend a bunch of creds on gear).

-It will drop from a content that is coming, which will really ****e up Shadowlands again. not just pande, but the hole SL expansion.
    (Well, since gauntlet didnt implent this up first, maybe It could be added?)

-Cheaper armor , cred wize. (tho the droprate should be low, to make it unique).
    So you still had to do some raiding for it, or best thing: do some questing for it!

-New shiney armor (if a hole new Tier set is made), make it look damn awesome for every class!

-An alternative: This is important. The "hole" set shouldnt be the absolute best, but some pieces should be TOP end game gear, the very best. The set should be a nice Alternative to AI/Ofab. (ty Mireiawen, i forgot to add that this set should be a nice choice to the allready existing armor out there)

-Server Economics improvement , More end game armor available to the masses, prices on AI armor etc may drop some.

EDIT 2: Well, Again, server Economics. What Is a piece of Alien armor now, 1b per piece? Insane. Hence one of the reasons for bringing this thread back to life. With a new set of high end gear like Tier 4, which should be cakewalk for the dev-team to implent, Even alien armor might go back or slightly back to a more avrange price again.

Also: Lore: SL has a beautyfull Lore to It, Its a shame to not take a bit further, get people activated in Inferno again. Make Tier 4 questable?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Xandathrii; Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:02:26.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

ofab is yesdrop and sells for 2m/1k vp...

but yes, bump for tier 4, my doc needs a new shoulder

With Ofab and AI armors, having another choice would be nice for all, just to not have them as another must have pieces. Some pieces could be better than existing for some purpose still.

And I'd hope to see Tier3 and the sets made from it become not Clan/not Omni instead of Omni/Clan reqs, so neuts could benefit from it as well.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Bump! The jobe scientist must have done something the last 7 years, why not developing a Tier 4 set?
    Last edited by Xandathrii; May 15th, 2011 at 10:44:32.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)

Up you go! Any Devs want to share their opinion?
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    -An alternative: This is important. The hole set shouldnt be the absolute best,
    sticking with my current gear then.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    sticking with my current gear then.
    I think that some parts should be "a must have" , but not all. That way Combined/Ofab/Tier 4 would be all good choices!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

I think this is a good idea.. and despite the fact that I have neutral 220 characters I do not think that tier 4 armor (if created) should be opened to neutrals. In my opinion, tier 3 was one of the cool perks of being sided and should remain that way. There should also be a high faction requirement (even though it is easy to get these days) for equipping.
    Last edited by Traderjill; May 24th, 2011 at 18:52:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

bump. .. wtb heal delta on a soldier piece(like 20-30) but i live in a dream world

Tier armor is retarded to get, and stat wise just as retarded. I'd love to see better tier 3/4 armor. And make a few glyphs that can change the color of it, I hate the purple and orange enfos armor, but if that same armor was all black or red I would have definitely farmed harder for it, and it shouldn't be too hard to simply make an item that combines and changes color. Also make it able to color colored armor, just the ability to change the looks of it after you've changed it incase you don't like it or just want a change.

Well i dont think Tier parts are retarded to get. If you listen to the Jobe scientist explaning how its created, it feels somewhat okay that the parts drops from the places they do (catacombs - Pande).

I kinda feel that farming in the catacombs is one of the funnier places to farm (well, not funny, but atleast exciting) . Droprates are ok (or was ok, when the Tier Armor was End game). And it makes sense that it is in the very deaphs of the combs you get your drops! Mean blobby ugly as hell creatures that pack a punch, and a nasty run to even get there)

When tossing Tier 4 drops on a new boss in Pande to top it all of, you get a complete Shadowlands experience imo

I like the change color glyph idea painolympics maybe a "Multicolored Glyph of Aban/Enel/Ocra"?
    Should drop from another place in Shadowlands tho, like the jokers glyph etc.
    Last edited by Xandathrii; May 24th, 2011 at 16:19:48.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

If this were to happen I would like to see full set bonuses... so if you wore a full set you would get a extra bonus. Or maybe a partial set bonus. Would be a nice addition.

first make them "neutral" wearable ^_=

since no one is using them that's sided
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

A bonus system would be really nice. Bonuses on 3 pieces ,5 pieces and full set perhaps.

Also, they should be neutral wearable ofcourse. Call it diplomatic armor. Chosen/Diplomatic/Faithfull he he
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

up up up in the light!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Since you're just wanting it for PvE go for DB armour. There's no need for T4. Development seems behind schedule as is, don't try to add another year to it for armour most won't use.

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    Since you're just wanting it for PvE go for DB armour. There's no need for T4. Development seems behind schedule as is, don't try to add another year to it for armour most won't use.
    FC have plans for the Tier armor.

And why wouldnt most use a improved Tier 3 / Tier 4? Its new, and better? Cant say i see the logic in what your saying.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    FC have plans for the Tier armor.

And why wouldnt most use a improved Tier 3 / Tier 4? Its new, and better? Cant say i see the logic in what your saying.
    pls read OP b4 responding. New yes, better not all. FC has had a lot of plans over the last 10y, that doesn't mean it will be implemented.

Great idea, and bump for this.

My thoughts are to have some pieces be Tier 3.5 (your version of improved), AND some much revamped pieces of Tier 4.

What do I mean? Look at (doctor Tier3/Ofab):

*The Doctor GOOD pieces = Shoulder pad (HP, BM), Gloves (pistol, HP, sense), SE Helmet - <<<cause Ofab helmet blows>>> (HP, add cost, nanoc init.) - SE Helmet is a perfect example of what Tier 4 SHOULD be

*The Doctor BAD pieces = Chest (NO HP), Boots (evades, LOL), pants (CL, fling, ncu FTL), sleeves (T&S, Dodge Range)

Why would I propose: Chest gets HP, boots lose evades, pick up AAD, nano delta, pants get Max nano/burst - lose fling, and sleeves get pistol, lose dodge range.

Also backpiece needs 600-700 HP, as Reanimated Cloaks are still near the top.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; May 30th, 2011 at 06:03:08.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Bump for new life for Tier Armor!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast