Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1hb/1he enfos

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    This whole thread is just really stupid because if you care to review the perk and nano documentations and other hints being dropped by FC staff regarding re-balance, you can already start predicting where a 1HB/1HE setup will stand. I don't see it being all that popular after re-balance hits if they implement things as is.

I think few people realize just what kind of razor edge the enfo profession is between their OP'ed 1HB/1HE setup and the other options available to them, which are at best, ranking from average to absolute garbage.
    You mean the perk documents that, at this point, are completely irrelevant as they will be redone?

Insightful as usual.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote where Funcom said that the perk documents will be redone, not that they will be tweaked and possibly altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    Quote where Funcom said that the perk documents will be redone, not that they will be tweaked and possibly altered.
    Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Just for the record, perks *will* be going through another round of adjustments, and a fairly massive one at that. We nailed down some of the general design principals we wanna follow when going through perks the first time, and I think in a lot of areas we're headed in the right directions, but as we've gone through the specific profession rebalancing aspects we've realized that we're going to have to put 'em under the magnifying glass again for some larger changes based off our evolving plans for the rebalancing efforts.

So don't freak out too much based off of existing perk knowledge - That's all still gonna change.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

We nailed down some of the general design principals we wanna follow when going through perks the first time, and I think in a lot of areas we're headed in the right directions, but as we've gone through the specific profession rebalancing aspects we've realized that we're going to have to put 'em under the magnifying glass again for some larger changes based off our evolving plans for the rebalancing efforts.
    I said "Redone".

It does disagree with "Tweaked and possibly altered", but, that's about three steps down from throwing out the entire perk documents, and redoing them.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Jun 6th, 2011 at 03:24:30.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    You mean the perk documents that, at this point, are completely irrelevant as they will be redone?

Insightful as usual.
    It's cute when you talk like you have a better understanding of what's going on then I do. Ignorant, but cute.

Still, it changes nothing I have said in my previous post. 1HB/1HE isn't all it's going to be cracked up to be once re-balance is out. Convincing yourself otherwise will just add to your QQ when re-balance doesn't meet your expectations.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 03:30:41.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

It's cute when you talk like you have a better understanding of what's going on then I do. Ignorant, but cute.

Still, it changes nothing I have said in my previous post. 1HB/1HE isn't all it's going to be cracked up to be once re-balance is out. Convincing yourself otherwise will just add to your QQ when re-balance doesn't meet your expectations.
    Just as cute as you being basically the only professional that won't admit you know just as little as the rest of us when it comes to end result of the rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Just as cute as you being basically the only professional that won't admit you know just as little as the rest of us when it comes to end result of the rebalance.
    And why would you say that.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    And why would you say that.
    Thats a weird type of question.(?)

Right, so, this whole thread states that one perk can maybe hit some evaders if they dont pop things.

Oh and sneak.

Oh, and that standing infront of a MR enforcer in a duel when they have 60k hp and refuse to let you play your class properly is a disadvantage. I'd agree with that, but that isnt the real world. Without towers, 3k AR is about right without challenger, in the real world, it isnt always up, and 3k AR is not 3k AR on all perks.

Real evaders absolutely massacre enforcers. The only difference is Enforcers can admittedly run away from fights they cant win.
    This is every fight where an Alpha fails.
    Alphas can fail on any decent opponent, of any class.

I'd gladly trade my ability to run away for:

1) Actual Tankability that matches current survivability through running away
    2) Damage that isn't alpha based, which actually gives a decent chance of actually killing an opponent (as opposed to kiting and trying to alpha someone 10 times in the hopes that you catch them at a bad time).

In the real world, Enforcers play like Shades with a more rounded defence (i.e, better vs casters), or Melee Fixers with more damage but no range, snares.

I agree with MR though, there are times when MR is available that makes you really question how fair certain matchups are.

But this all comes down to how perks are calculated (all or nothing) and the problems that all perk reliant classes face in this game. If you can perk it, it will die. If you can't, there is nothing you can do. Nothing. Not even chip away at them with AS, Fullauto, Nukes, etc even if you cant kill them on your own you can add to the damage of teh_zerg.

Unless perk documentation changes, and the whole "all or nothing" perk system changes, Enforcers just won't be worth playing at all in PVP, after the rebalance. But who knows when that's actually going to happen, or if it will happen, or what guise it will occur under.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Most of the professionals would admit that, including myself, though we do know a bit more that's planned than the rest of you, which makes it funny/stupid when someone makes statements like "You don't have insight". If the professionals don't have insight, then sure as hell be sure that no others players have it either. Of course It's not hard to see that 2 second perk times, and other nerfed items in 1HB perks will make 1HB/1HE a less desirable setup or even more generally, enfos as a profession, desirable for PVPing, but hey, I'm not assuming that most people can make that connection so I make it for them. Looks like it's needed based on threads like this. If people can't see how the few things that have been revealed so far takes enfos down a notch for PVP, that's just plain ignorant.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 13:57:22.

Most of the professionals would admit that, including myself, though we do know a bit more that's planned than the rest of you, which makes it funny/stupid when someone makes statements like "You don't have insight". If the professionals don't have insight, then sure as hell be sure that no others players have it either. Of course It's not hard to see that 2 second perk times, and other nerfed items in 1HB perks will make 1HB/1HE a less desirable setup, but hey, I'm not assuming that most people can make that connection, so I make it for them. Obviously, that includes the guy that started this thread, and the rest of the people running around in it going "OMG YEAH, OPED ENFOS, NERF".
    Devastating Blow is 90% in the perk docs, which is what I suggested in my OP. Regardless of what's in the works though, that stuff isn't going to happen for a long time ($5 on 2016 q4). The offense of an enfo paired with the defense of an enfo is an op'd combo. At least ranged adv's can be alpha'd with MR and NT's go down easily. Enfos can do as they please and won't really die unless they make a mistake and/or take too long in a zerg because their stats are so high. Just look at how crazy high enfizzle's numbers are across the board. It's ridiculous.

You say enfos walk a fine line between useful and useless? Well evades are the same way. Enfos taking away 60%+ hp and up to 90%+ hp in 2 seconds is broken against evaders. And that issue is further compounded due to how long it takes to kill the enforcer (if at all thanks to enfo evac).
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jun 6th, 2011 at 15:00:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    The offense of an enfo paired with the defense of an enfo is an op'd combo.
    And that's going to stay that way until re-balance ... so what do you want? What's the point of this thread? We all know it. We don't need your public service announcement.

that's going to stay that way until re-balance
    They are changing things before rebalance too. Even said 1hb/1he perk changes happened after rebalance announcement, no?

They could for starters fix the 1hb/1he lockout so it actually works and up the 50% def checks to 90%+.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Devastating Blow is 90% in the perk docs, which is what I suggested in my OP. Regardless of what's in the works though, that stuff isn't going to happen for a long time ($5 on 2016 q4). The offense of an enfo paired with the defense of an enfo is an op'd combo. At least ranged adv's can be alpha'd with MR and NT's go down easily. Enfos can do as they please and won't really die unless they make a mistake and/or take too long in a zerg because their stats are so high. Just look at how crazy high enfizzle's numbers are across the board. It's ridiculous.

You say enfos walk a fine line between useful and useless? Well evades are the same way. Enfos taking away 60%+ hp and up to 90%+ hp in 2 seconds is broken against evaders. And that issue is further compounded due to how long it takes to kill the enforcer (if at all thanks to enfo evac).
    Not the defense, the survival. Although enforcers do have too much defense in pvm and I believe it should be nerfed in that aspect, it is not an issue in pvp unless you are a defensively built support profession and have absolutely no right to complain when your defensive sacrifices become a problem. I could easily complain about defensively built docs who are hugging crats in wars and evade my enforcers perks when I do not challenge...although that just seems stupid.

Without that ability to quickly engage or escape from an opponent, however, where would enforcers be? They would be even weaker versions of keepers, which is a terrible position. Most enforcers now are wanting to lose this gank and run ability but we cannot just lose it with nothing in its place.

I am not sure what numbers for Enfizzle you are referring to so I cannot comment on that aspect. Either way, if you guys actually tried to re-create one of these fantastic setups you all claim enforcers have then you might actually be surprised at what stats you end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    They are changing things before rebalance too. Even said 1hb/1he perk changes happened after rebalance announcement, no?

They could for starters fix the 1hb/1he lockout so it actually works and up the 50% def checks to 90%+.
    If they do one change now then those that are nerfed will complain about other changes that should take place as well. All the changes must happen at once or in quick succession, and we are not ready for that.

They did remove the nano recharge from MA attacks recently, that was a pretty big change for MAs, they changed GTH, BR, stun procs. Why would it be such an issue to fix other glaring issues like enfs and ranged advies?

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post

They change things all the time. Problem with changing this in the way being suggested is that it's a bandaid fix. I think we all know that's not an acceptable approach to these problems.

As for your suggestion, I don't think that addresses anything. The perfect storm for Atrox enfos handing you your ass still exists with that fix in place.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:01:09.

The words 'hypocrite' and 'self-righteous' come to mind.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

They change things all the time. Problem with changing this in the way being suggested is that it's a bandaid fix. I think we all know that's not an acceptable approach to these problems.
    Double Post: AS Pistol was a "bandaid fix". So was the initial changes to 1hb and 1he perks. So was the addition of the Fixer FA buffing line.

How about we just modify the bandaids a little bit?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    I'd gladly trade my ability to run away for:
    1) Actual Tankability that matches current survivability through running away
    So you'd trade it for invulnerability? Well, what a shocker!

As far as this thread goes it's hilarious that fixers are whining in here. Fixers deserve every dimach they get for being the biggest bunch of pu***** ever.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast