Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1hb/1he enfos

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Double Post: AS Pistol was a "bandaid fix". So was the initial changes to 1hb and 1he perks. So was the addition of the Fixer FA buffing line.

How about we just modify the bandaids a little bit?
    I think your just ignoring the fact that FC doesn't want to make more bandaid fixes to address old ones. Better to do it right the first time.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The words 'hypocrite' and 'self-righteous' come to mind.
    Maybe your mind. Nothing hypocritical about professionals knowing more than the average player. I would say that if the professionals didn't know more, they were being delinquent. Nor self-righteous, seeing as we are all VOTED into this volunteer position by the players.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I think your just ignoring the fact that FC doesn't want to make more bandaid fixes to address old ones. Better to do it right the first time.
    Can it possibly be considered a bandaid fix to take the bandaid off? Or to replace the bandaid with a smaller bandaid?

Also, you might keep in mind that people have been clammoring for a second round of voting, like was originally promised. You can probably bet you won't keep your position. Just sayin'.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Can it possibly be considered a bandaid fix to take the bandaid off? Or to replace the bandaid with a smaller bandaid?

Also, you might keep in mind that people have been clammoring for a second round of voting, like was originally promised. You can probably bet you won't keep your position. Just sayin'.
    It sure could, especially if the wound it covered isn't healed yet.

As for the voting, I count on it. I'm not into this for fame and fortune. I already got that. If someone else wants to volunteer their time to do this, let them cast their lot. It's not a popularity contest. It's some work. If people don't want me doing this, I support that process and decision. I don't gain from it in any way whatsoever. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:21:37.

It sure could, especially if the wound it covered isn't healed yet
    You don't need a full body cast to heal a paper-cut.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

You don't need a full body cast to heal a paper-cut.
    You're comparing this issue to just a paper cut? I guess it actually doesn't need THIS much attention then does it. Glad you have that cleared up for everyone. /thread.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:28:18.

You're comparing this issue to just a paper cut? I guess it actually doesn't need THIS much attention then does it. Glad you have that cleared up for everyone. /thread.
    No, the issue is the full body cast. Enfo problems are the papercut.

Glad I could clear that up for only you
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

That statement is exactly why you and others don't understand why this 1HB/1HE thing isn't some 'quick fix' situation that FC can address in a weekend. It's related to re-balancing, has serious implications to enfos as a PVP profession as a whole and needs to be fixed properly and within that whole re-balancing framework.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:34:27.

So the problems with a profession (enfo in this case) are not worth more than addressing with a band-aid fix because it's a little papercut? Great. That's exactly why you don't understand why this isn't some 'quick fix' situation. It's related to re-balancing. It needs to be fixed properly and within that framework.
    Compare a non-1hb/1he Enfo (Dracojr perhaps?) with a bow MP, or any non-trox Keeper.

Yeah, Enf problems are fairly minor comparatively.

P.S. Dracojr used 2hb btw.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I'm not comparing any professions. It's not or never is relevant because that's not how re-balancing has or will work. That whole approach and line of thinking is WRONG. Just look at how FC are doing things. If you can't bring yourself to this level of understanding, then you aren't even qualified to speak technically about re-balancing.

There is a process to fix these things, we have information from it already. If your conclusion is that 1HB/1HE enfos will still be the same threat they are in PVP now from the current information, your not making the right connections there.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:39:18.

I'm not comparing any professions. It's not or never is relevant because that's not how re-balancing has or will work. That whole approach and line of thinking is WRONG. Just look at how FC are doing things.

There is a process to fix these things, we have information from it. If your conclusion is that 1HB/1HE enfos will still be the same threat they are in PVP, your not making the right connections there.
    Typical ad hominem from you.

Also, you are operating under the premise that rebalance will happen anytime soon. Meanwhile, 1hb/1he Enfos are running wild. Your solution of "do nothing" is kinda sucky.

IB4: It's not my solution, it's FC's solution. At which point you should do your job as a professional and relay the public's opinion onto the Devs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I'm not operating under any premise other than the information that FC provides. Any other premise would just be fabrications to suit your own position. The 'do nothing' solution is much better than the 'do something wrong' solution.

As a prof, I relay relevant information, not QQ. I don't see any groundbreaking suggestions in this thread so really, there ain't much worth for me to tell FC. If there is any suggestion in this thread, it's simply to put in some perk changes now instead of later. If you don't think FC hasn't heard this before, your just not paying attention. The fact they haven't done it even though they have heard it tells you something. Well, it tells you something if you are being reasonable.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 18:53:29.

I'm not operating under any premise other than the information that FC provides. Any other premise would just be fabrications to suit your own position. The 'do nothing' solution is much better than the 'do something wrong' solution.

I relay relevant information, not QQ. If you don't think FC hasn't heard this all before, your just not paying attention.
    They already DID something wrong. Just like they created GTH, it was bad, so they fixed it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

They already DID something wrong. Just like they created GTH, it was bad, so they fixed it.
    ... and they don't want to do MORE wrong, so they will take their time and make the adjustments as their plans outline. You see, your problem, and others is that you actually have already convinced yourselves that FC agrees this is a problem at the 'GTH' significance level. I doubt that's the case because even to quote you, "Enf problems are fairly minor" so there isn't a need to urgently fix their problems. Maybe you don't want to admit it, but the 1HB/1HE problem is an enfo problem because of what it means to NOT be a 1HB/1HE enfo PVPing in the current gamestate.

If FC wanted to make this change, they would have DONE it by now. The fact they haven't should tell you they aren't ready. MOAR QQ THREDS isn't going to accelerate their timetables, especially ones that suggest things that we have already heard before, or suggestions that ... are already part of the perk documentation.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 19:24:34.

... and they don't want to do MORE wrong, so they will take their time and make the adjustments as their plans outline. You see, your problem, and others is that you actually have already convinced yourselves that FC agrees this is a problem at the 'GTH' significance. Obviously, it's not, because as you say, Enf problems are fairly minor so there isn't a need to urgently fix their problems. Maybe you don't want to admit it, but the 1HB/1HE problem is an enfo problem because of what it means to NOT be a 1HB/1HE enfo PVPing in the current gamestate.

If FC wanted to make this change, they would have DONE it by now. The fact they haven't should tell you they aren't ready. MOAR QQ THREDS isn't going to accelerate their timetables, especially ones that suggest things that we have already heard before, or suggestions that ... are already part of the perk documentation.
    Problems with the enfo profession are minor. Problems with 1hb and 1he perks are major.

Those are different statements, and I'd appreciate if you'd stop putting words in my mouth and trying to think for me. Thanks.

Also, see Dracojr @ RK1. I'm pretty sure he's inactive, but he is a top notch non-1hb/1he Enfo. In fact he uses 2hb. He's made it very successful. Your QQ about being non-1hb/1he is baseless.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Problems with the enfo profession are minor. Problems with 1hb and 1he perks are major.

Also, see Dracojr @ RK1.
    As much as you would like to not think so, a change to 1HB/1HE setup, whether it's perks or anything else has just as a significant impact to enfos and their play style as it would to the people that enfos kill with it. The fact you try to separate it shows you just aren't genuinely interested in having balance properly implemented.

There is NOTHING different about it. That change affects everyone and to claim that it's more important to make it happen sooner than later, because it's more significant for one group than another is just nonsense.

Just checked Dracojr ... just as I suspected. Atrox. I'm willing to bet he's got MR perked. You know why I know that? Because if he's as successful as you say, there is no way an enfo using 2H setup without MR is comparable in performance to a 1H setup. Honestly, that tells me that the problem here isn't 1HB/1HE, it's MR.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2011 at 22:54:02.

Get a room.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

^^ You want to come? It will be cheaper that way.

I think your just ignoring the fact that FC doesn't want to make more bandaid fixes to address old ones.
    Hilarious.

Sorry mate, but all we can see lately, is quite the opposite (the latest announced BS changes, for example).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Just checked Dracojr ... just as I suspected. Atrox. I'm willing to bet he's got MR perked. You know why I know that? Because if he's as successful as you say, there is no way an enfo using 2H setup without MR is comparable in performance to a 1H setup. Honestly, that tells me that the problem here isn't 1HB/1HE, it's MR.
    Opinion with no factual basis alert!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast