Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1hb/1he enfos

You're alert is stupid because that's not opinion at all. Just looking at perks you can see that a 2HB enfo isn't as effective as a 1HE/1HB enfo. If a 2HB enfo want's to compete with a 1HE/1HB setup, it needs MR. Either you are wrong about is setup or exaggerating about how good this guys is because otherwise, he simply doesn't have the AR to hit anyone that has evades or the damage to kill anyone with lots of HP.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 01:27:29.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You're alert is stupid because that's not opinion at all. Just looking at perks you can see that a 2HB enfo isn't as effective as a 1HE/1HB enfo. If a 2HB enfo want's to compete with a 1HE/1HB setup, it needs MR. Either you are wrong about is setup or exaggerating about how good this guys is.
    Your post is stupid because it's entirely opinion and skewing of facts and putting words in my mouth.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

If it's stupid that it's just my opinion, then I guess the vast population of enfos are stupid as well because 1HE/1HB enfos far outnumber 2HB ones in PVP.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 01:35:04.

if it's just opinion, it's a strong one, because 1HE/1HB enfos far outnumber 2HB ones in PVP. I guess that's just my opinion too.
    How is this relevant?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    How is this relevant?
    Because you are claiming that 2HB enfo without MR competes with 1HE/1Hb enfos by the fact that you seen one enfo being successful using 2HB, even though you don't know if he was using MR or not. I claimed he was only successful because he had MR and you disputed that. It's painfully obvious by simply looking at the perks that 2HB is not able to compete with 1HE/1HB, let alone without MR.

So yeah, it's relevant because they don't compete and that makes you wrong about how successful enfos can be in PVP with other setups, unless of course they have MR, which is made so any gimp can hit anyone with any weapon. Simply observing the population between 1HE/1HB enfos and 'OTHER WEAPON HERE' enfos tells you this. That's no opinion, that's just looking around, understanding and knowing people will tend towards the most OPed setups to win.

Don't you hate that you are wrong? That's what I love about our dynamic ... you make me look so good.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 01:48:14.

Because you are claiming that 2HB enfo without MR competes with 1HE/1Hb enfos by your N=1 example so yeah, it's relevant because they don't through simply observing the population between 2NB and 1HE/1HB.

Don't you hate that you are wrong? That's what I love about our dynamic ... you make me look so good.
    I've never said if he does or does not have MR. I'm not sure where I ever claimed that he "competes with 1he/1hb enfos". Keep putting words in my mouth though, it sure helps your arguments.

If you can't make non-1hb/1he successful, maybe you're doing something wrong?

P.S. Know what I love about our dynamic? I don't give a ****, and you seem to live and breath these forums. You also love to edit posts to make yourself look better.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Well you did because I claimed he NEEDED it with 2HB to be as successful as 1HE/1HB enfo and you just said that was an opinion. It's not opinion. It's indisputable truth and it's evident by simply counting enfo PVP populations. The context of the conversation is enough to infer what you are trying to say. I have to with you anyways because you're rather vague to begin with, seeing as you can't form any kind of logical argument in the first place. If you're going to make brainfarts for posts, you leave people little choice except to make their own interpretations of your words.

LAF at you not giving a ****. You care more than you want to admit.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 01:55:42.

Well you did because I claimed he NEEDED it with 2HB to be as successful as 1HE/1HB enfo and you just said that was an opinion. It's not opinion. It's indisputable truth and it's evident by simply counting enfo PVP populations.

LAF at you not giving a ****. You care more than you want to admit.
    Speculation would have been the more proper word.

And hey, there you go again with the speculating! You're good. More edits.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Whatever word you want to use, opinion, speculation, etc... It's evident that what I'm saying is truthful/correct/accurate/reality. Thanks for that pedantic correction.

Yes and you will have to excuse my edits if you want to play forum tag with me. I like it when people can read and understand something I wrote, as opposed to the brainfarts that most people make around here.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 02:02:37.

Whatever word you want to use, opinion, speculation, etc... It's evident that what I'm saying is truthful/correct/accurate/reality. Thanks for that pedantic correction.

Yes and you will have to excuse my edits if you want to play forum tag with me. I like it when people can read and understand something I wrote, as opposed to the brainfarts that most people make around here.
    If you'd like to assume I'm lying, go ahead. In the end, I think I'll sleep ok tonight.

Me? I'd prefer to be vague.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

y'all should get married.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This summer. Just... not to Obtena.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Nah, at least on the forums, you can choose your fights. Being married means you fight them all. Besides, it gets boring being right all the time fighting with this guy. I wouldn't want some illusion of grandeur overtaking me. Would dull my prowess.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 03:59:34.

If it weren't for forums, I dunno when I'd get to fight. my wife hates fighting.

As soons as i'm right and shes wrong she says "stop raising your voice"

And, then it's like. ... WTF, I'm talking, just because I'm right doesn't mean I'm louder... lol, chicks are so weird.

If it weren't for forums, I dunno when I'd get to fight. my wife hates fighting.

And, then it's like. ... WTF, I'm talking, just because I'm right doesn't mean I'm louder... lol, chicks are so weird.
    You just described Obtena perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I claimed he was only successful because he had MR and you disputed that. It's painfully obvious by simply looking at the perks that 2HB is not able to compete with 1HE/1HB, let alone without MR.
    I'd just like to point out to you as my so-called "Professional" that the reason 1hb perks are superior to 2hb perks is the special actions attached to them (i.e. the init debuff on crush bone and the free stun on BTP that costs you nothing to perk for) and the retardedly fast recharge and low check on the best perk in the line.

1he perks are nothing special at all except for the fast recharges and ability to use SA, which is entirely unnecessary. Which brings us to why someone could be viable with 2hb without using MR (towers probably mandatory):

Hammer and Anvil adds 90 more AR without having to use MR and that can be enough to perk some evaders w/ Champion perks. And don't forget this perk that never misses ... ever ... even fully drained and blinded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I always thought the problem with 2HB is that there were not nearly enough damage dealing perks/specials.

Like, if dimach had a 2-3 minute recharge, and there were the nice init debuffs and stuns attached to the perks in the 2hb line insted of the 1hb line AND you couldn't do 1hb/1he at the same time (which was a major messup on FC part), you'd actually have some balance amongst enfs using 2hb/2he/1he/1hb.

Ideally, offensive balance should be based on some kind of formula like:

High damage+high checks+not 100% to hit specials
    low damage+low checks+fast recharge+100% to hit specials
    high damage+low checks+slow recharge+no 100% hit specials

Which should, ideally balance the class regardless of MR or not. OFC, adding MR to the mix should, ideally, provide the option to make best use of the high damage+high checks, BUT be more prone to take damage, or lose out on some form of defence.

Either you are wrong about is setup or exaggerating about how good this guys is because otherwise, he simply doesn't have the AR to hit anyone that has evades or the damage to kill anyone with lots of HP.
    Yeah, because all enfs are "forced" to go with full def/full HP/full nano skill setups, while ignoring AR.

1hb/1he is horribly OP'd and it should be "fixed" before rebalance, be it by "band aid" fix, or by the ultimate fix that will stay after rebalance as well.

Been there.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:58:29.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I would advice you all to give up talk about enforcers with Obtena. He/she clearly do agree 500% with devs, and anything devs do is right, ever when its wrong ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    I'd just like to point out to you as my so-called "Professional" that the reason 1hb perks are superior to 2hb perks is the special actions attached to them (i.e. the init debuff on crush bone and the free stun on BTP that costs you nothing to perk for) and the retardedly fast recharge and low check on the best perk in the line.

1he perks are nothing special at all except for the fast recharges and ability to use SA, which is entirely unnecessary. Which brings us to why someone could be viable with 2hb without using MR (towers probably mandatory):

Hammer and Anvil adds 90 more AR without having to use MR and that can be enough to perk some evaders w/ Champion perks. And don't forget this perk that never misses ... ever ... even fully drained and blinded.
    That's an amusing post because that's what I meant when I said "simply looking at the perks that 2HB is not able to compete with 1HE/1HB", but OK... let's play a game called COMPARE. 2HB doesn't have:

1. The added special items on 1HB perks
    2. SA from 1HE (which you state is entirely unnecessary, even though it's the PRIMARY reason people go with 1HB/1HE setup)
    3. As many damage perks as 1HB line

2HB does have:

1. More AR (arguable if it's enough to make it preferable as a PVP weapon when considering what is lost using 2HB)
    2. A single perk that never misses (oh wait, that doesn't count because 1HB has low def check perks too. This also sounds like SA, except with longer recharge and less damage ... SQEEEEEE!!!!!)

Yeah ... thanks for the breakdown Kopecz. 2HB should be able to compete with 1HE/1HB setup hands down. I mean, landing a few perks on Evaders with Anvil up? That's genius!!! Why didn't I see it before, nor the vast majority of enfos that PVP!!!!!! That should certainly be as good as all the stuff the 1HB/1HE setups get. You should run for professional next time. This almost guarantees you a spot!!!!

BTW, just out of curiosity ... are you 2HB? Have MR? I can assure you that the extra AR being 2HB does not enable a 2HB setup to compete with 1HB/1HE unless that 2HB user has MR to ensure that his reduced perk damage counts by making EVERY perk land.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 15:16:43.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast