Thread: Xan Guide to Alpha Symbs (Trox)

Xan Guide to Alpha Symbs (Trox)

So you want put your alphas on? Remember that this won't be easy, but it is doable :P
    This guide is HEAVILY based on Guide to 300 Symbs(Trox version), but it was pre-Xan, so it needed some updates.
    Symbiants are listed in the order I put them on.

Right Wrist,Left Arm, Feet
    Equipment: click
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities, Improved Cut Red Tape
    Perks: Treatment Transfer
    Contracts: QL200 Psychic, QL250 Treatment, QL250 Intelligence

After putting the above 3, we are done with all psychic symbiants, so we can ditch the head implant, and put the head on

Head
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities, Improved Cut Red Tape, Last Minute Negotiations

Additional treatment, and sense from head symbiant will come in handy now, we're putting all symbs requiring sense, EXCEPT ear (we will need it for later)

Eye,Right Hand
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities
    Contracts: QL200 Agility, QL250 Treatment, QL250 Sense

At this point we're basically done with Psychic, or Sense requiring symbiants, so we can ditch the chest implant

Chest, Right Arm
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities
    Contracts: QL200 Agility, QL250 Treatment, QL250 Sense

All that is left is to put on waist and leg symbiants. We're gonna be using a modified brain setup for that

Waist,Legs
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities, Improved Cut Red Tape

Now.. I chose to implant a QL300 Refined Ear instead of the Symbiant, due to the fact that it doesn't have the Nano Cost modifier. So my job was a wee bit easier here.
    It's requirements were 1231 psychic and 2051 treatment

Ear
    Buffs: Neuronal Stimulator, Treatment Expertise, Superior First Aid, Feline Grace, Enhanced Senses, Composite Abilities, Improved Cut Red Tape, Extruder Nutrition Bar
    Contracts: QL250 Psychic, QL250 Treatment, QL200 Intelligence

And the final outcome: click

Congrats on putting your alphas on!
    Last edited by sawtyss; Jun 13th, 2011 at 15:04:36.
    Veneya - 220/70/30 Bureaucrat Equipment
    Vaneyo - 150/30/14 Adventurer Equipment
    Veneyo - 150/38/12 Meta-Physicist Equipment
    Golota - 220/52/23 Enforcer Equipment

Thumbs up

I've been trying to do the guide as I was putting the stuff on, so with the equipment, buffs, and contracts posted in here you should be able to hit the limit.

And two things to add:
    * Thanks to Wonthealu, and the whole DI for letting me use their contracts in the begning.
    * Huge thanks to Jezdzcy Apokalipsy for all the help in farming, and putting the stuff on I got from them You guys are the best!
    Last edited by sawtyss; Jun 11th, 2011 at 11:45:57.

awesome guide. think this is the most comprehensive step-by-step guide ever made

gratz on alphas also

Thanks for this guide Sawtyss, im deffor gonna use it on my two troxes
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Nice job. Sadly I dont roll troxes xD
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Good guide if your a clan trox atm. :P
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

The only thing clan-only is the garden key, and you can get the same for omni :P

And the 700+ ql worth of contracts?

well alphas are posible for people without towers, apart from brain im pretty sure. It is a nice guide dont get me wrong
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Oh come on! There has to be an omni org with enough contracts!:P
    Besides if you play around with this setup I'm pretty confident you would be able to put everything (well brain might be trouble, but not completely impossible) on

this is a really nice guide, perhaps sticky is deserved ?

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickbinda View Post
    well alphas are posible for people without towers, apart from brain im pretty sure. It is a nice guide dont get me wrong
    All except brain are possible without towers/contracts. I did brain with about ql500 worth of contracts and I had to temp join an org for brain. Didn't have any contracts at that time in my own org so all the rest went in with no contracts. Although you need pretty much every single buffing item.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

Quote Originally Posted by tradalotrox View Post
    All except brain are possible without towers/contracts. I did brain with about ql500 worth of contracts and I had to temp join an org for brain. Didn't have any contracts at that time in my own org so all the rest went in with no contracts. Although you need pretty much every single buffing item.
    I can't agree with that... If you truly got every single buffing item in game you could do with just the intelligence contract, making this a QL250 contract req. Treatment can be gotten from a variety of items I did not have, but you would have to have virtually EVERY single one of them for it to work

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    I think you missed my point. I was just stating what I used to get the brain on, 250 treat + 250 intel contract, and that the others can be done without.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

Very nice guide, just got on my alphas with this.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Think i may be stealing some parts of the configurations for getting Xan's on my NM

Got mine in too (except leg but put the intel instead of Alpha), thanks for the guide. I got contracts for sense, int, psy & treatment.
    Managed to do it without Bellum Badonis chest and Awakened burden, nor the +14 treatment garden key, so I had to do some changes to the setups above (eg use int/psy ncu instead of treatment ncu), along with 2 ql 280+ nano sleeves. I also didn't have any ql 300 imps (some 295, others 270+ for treatment). It was very close for int and treat (had exactly enough to put brain in), had to use +2 bar and replace V-Five breathing space with another Sword of Dusk to get 1276 int Was a fun day!
    Last edited by Ventor; Apr 7th, 2016 at 09:40:43.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)