Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 17th, 2011 - Traditional Friday Panic

Too much fuzz
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

They also did not have any problem getting the birthday patch out before the birthday part, but hey lets just focus on the things that haven't been launched yet, we can show our outrage easier that way.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Right Technogen, they did release it on time. Thanks to the sloppy QA..
    blah

Ah, yeah birthday patch. Yeah i have no idea how they managed to make it in time.

I mean, it has:

- 3 tshirts
    - birthday armor with stats copy pasted from haloween armor and meshes copy pasted from Nomad Armor/ Agent Ofab
    - Jetpack using mechanics copy pasted from Quantum Wings (MP nano)
    - birthday boss with mesh copy pasted from Bait Gras.
    - birthday event that was so briliantly designed and thoroughly tested, that for first 3 days it was imposible to complete at all, and even after initial crowds thined out, its still such sloppy work, they ended up giving jetpack for free and made GMs manually spawn the boss instead of anwering petitions.

I honestly don't know how they did it in time with such small team. It had to take months of work.

lol the Beit Gras looks nothing like that. I guess you don't roam about AO enough to encounter the actual mob that it's copied from.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    I honestly don't know how they did it in time with such small team. It had to take months of work.
    Look honestly, for all we know it could have taken months to do this, AO is so freakin old and so poorly made that it could very well take months of work just to do the things that you listed. Yes it could have been just a copy/paste or the system could not support that and someone had to take the time to key in the stuff all over again.

Fact is we don't know, we can speculate and all that but we're not the devs, we dont work with the tools they do or see the game's source code like they do.

(note, just because it could have does not mean I think it did take months)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Hehe, the explanation Means offered as to why RK1 was coughing blood not so long ago was pretty interesting (in a good way).

Ran OUT of mission ID-tags. Jeez. I'm actually curious how the lead coder managed to fix that. I know nothing about coding but it sounds interesting
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Probably something about making a bigger integer... which isn't always simple.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Hehe, the explanation Means offered as to why RK1 was coughing blood not so long ago was pretty interesting (in a good way).

Ran OUT of mission ID-tags. Jeez. I'm actually curious how the lead coder managed to fix that. I know nothing about coding but it sounds interesting
    Kinda like how the U.S. ran out of telephone numbers a few years back.

Or how Bill Gates was sure noone would ever need more than 64kb of RAM.

"Oh, we'll never need that many".

I nominate the comment Means made about that bartender smelling good as the video's cringe-moment

Creeeeeepy!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I nominate the comment Means made about that bartender smelling good as the video's cringe-moment

Creeeeeepy!
    Wonder if the wife seen it yet?

Creeeeeepy!
    Wtf? Time?

Yeah, I want to know what Macrosun did to fix that ID counter problem. 4.2 billion is already a big integer and I don't know if their system would allow a bigger number.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Yeah, I want to know what Macrosun did to fix that ID counter problem. 4.2 billion is already a big integer and I don't know if their system would allow a bigger number.
    Reset the counter perhaps? Since missions are on a time limit, it would be fairly safe to wipe out the first 4 billion I would think. Since the server was already down, find the last number drawn and set it to load the next mission at the starting integer.

But they do need counters for some time back to help tracking exploits and such - can't see them being able to wipe the slate clean.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    But they do need counters for some time back to help tracking exploits and such - can't see them being able to wipe the slate clean.
    I'd think having a remaining 200 million old mission counters would suffice for any exploit tracking. Remember, these were only counters attached specifically to missions. Other systems have their own counters.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Just wipe the entire server and start anew. It's not like they've accomplished anything of value at RK1.
    Could probably say the same for RK2.

I say they should wipe both servers completely with the new launch.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jul 1st, 2011 at 15:54:48.

Just wipe the entire server and start anew. It's not like they've accomplished anything of value at RK1.
    Agreed. Although i'd preserve Satenia's comic strips in formaldehyde for future generations
    to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Agreed. Although i'd preserve Satenia's comic strips in formaldehyde for future generations
    to see.
    Oh!! Time capsule! Very sci-fi-ish!

The new FWM has comments disabled. Guess Means is getting bored with the complaints.
    lol Yeah, I seen that too.

Ahahahaha discussion FTW!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast