Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Anniversary Items

Just curious, according to this link: Anniversary Phatz, new phatz are to be had this year. Are all the items that are listed on this page drops in game, or are they in-game store buyable only, or a combination of the two? In particular the jet-pack (which I'm assuming lets you fly) and the Clio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I'm wondering which things will be raid-only, as I doubt I will get a chance to be in on it.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Funcom employee

There'll be some items which are in the shop and some that drop; we're doing things slightly differently this year from years past when it comes to the majority of the shop content, but I don't to say too much just yet. Personally I think we've hit a good spot this year with what we're offering and how. =)

And as far as the raid goes, this *will* be the only way to get the majority of the birthday items in-game. That *said*, think of the Desert Rider event very similarly to Uncle Pumpkinhead and his many minions; there'll be content there for everyone, and plenty enough phatz to go around. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

And as far as the raid goes, this *will* be the only way to get the majority of the birthday items in-game. That *said*, think of the Desert Rider event very similarly to Uncle Pumpkinhead and his many minions; there'll be content there for everyone, and plenty enough phatz to go around. =)
    It better be soloable as there's no one else online when I play...literally...no one.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

There'll be some items which are in the shop and some that drop; we're doing things slightly differently this year from years past when it comes to the majority of the shop content, but I don't to say too much just yet. Personally I think we've hit a good spot this year with what we're offering and how. =)
    All upcoming Birthday events brought to you by the "ingame" store ^_=
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Yay! More farming or team content requiring players or need to buy. I'm impressed. Happy b'day.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    It better be soloable as there's no one else online when I play...literally...no one.

Far from it, needs at least one full team to do it quickly on testlive, a lot of HP on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    bah, beat me to it

I'm afraid you just hit the nail on the head...

WTB "pessimistic nanofex" as rollable breed.

Then again: Social items not influencing gameplay are ok in ingame store. Items changing gameplay or skills are not. Keep that in mind Kintaii.
    (Tokens and XP stims are already borderline here!!!)
    Last edited by Shareida; Jun 18th, 2011 at 03:45:31.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    (Tokens and XP stims are already borderline here!!!)
    Just tokens and XP stims?

There are some items in there that made me go back to my froob accounts only.

Next to that I wouldn't be surprised if the yalm and other "cool" stuff would only be available from the ingame shop.
    FC has to get their money somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Far from it, needs at least one full team to do it quickly on testlive, a lot of HP on the boss.
    In others words content for 220's... Unless you have run it with a team of 24's and would like to enlighten us.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

There'll be some items which are in the shop
    The more I think about this, the more I find it totally unacceptable. This game has been 10 years running, and you choose now, when the game has hit a DECADE of time to try and milk credits from your players?

Jeez... Totally not OK guys.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

So can you clarify if this raid thing is something that requires a team of tl7 toons, or if there are lower level versions of it available? It sucks badly if you exclude low level players from the "majority of the birthday items."

Also it would be great if you could add the in-game store items to the phasefront vendors so we could use our now completely useless paid points, that many of us transferred way too much in-game, for something.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

And as far as the raid goes, this *will* be the only way to get the majority of the birthday items in-game. That *said*, think of the Desert Rider event very similarly to Uncle Pumpkinhead and his many minions;
    So similar than Desert Nomad armor looks a lot like Lya's (except head)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    So can you clarify if this raid thing is something that requires a team of tl7 toons, or if there are lower level versions of it available? It sucks badly if you exclude low level players from the "majority of the birthday items."

Also it would be great if you could add the in-game store items to the phasefront vendors so we could use our now completely useless paid points, that many of us transferred way too much in-game, for something.
    It's a 220 Plains Rider boss atm on test with Beast HP's, with added Fanatics which spawn during killing it. Unless its changed its TL6+ atm to just kill it quickly, so expect OD fests for Selling rights.

It's a 220 Plains Rider boss atm on test with Beast HP's, with added Fanatics which spawn during killing it. Unless its changed its TL6+ atm to just kill it quickly, so expect OD fests for Selling rights.
    Cool, seems there's absolutely no reason for me to resub then. Except greeting the few remaining orgmates and friends in-game. And i doubt i'm going to pay for that. Also seems this will be the first b-day in years that won't get the free month offer to the inactive subs....
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

If that's carried over to live, that's just sad...
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

i'll just wait till the phat are sold "ingame" store ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

so expect OD fests for Selling rights.
    This is very disappointing to read. I don't particularly mind the OD fests, but I don't like that there will be more opportunities for players to farm for credits during limited time events. Hopefully the drops won't be rare, but if so, not worth many credits. Hopefully to avoid monopolization by a few players.
    ----------------------------------
    The Dark Order Of Chaos

Monchil - MA
    Maxxon - Bureaucrat
    Gunnymonch – Soldier
    ----------------------------------

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast