Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    competition between players for loot, is good for the game. letting people feel like they have something unique for a change, even if it is just for a few days or whatever.
    That's true enough but it would be even nicer if the people getting the reward did something more to earn it than just OD the ones who did all or most of the work to make the spawn happen in the first place. There are a number of things I like and that I'm enjoying about this 10th Anniversary event but the Desert Rider raids are not on that list. Considering that it was intended (insofar as I could tell) to be the centerpiece of the whole thing, that's kind of sad.

Did anyone bring the subject up this weekend? I'd be very curious to know just how FC "thought" this would play out.

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Talking about the new jetpack.. I remember some old posts about people wanting an grid warp item, think it was the Sunrise Apartment Golden keys to make it easier to get there.. FC's reply was stfu, we won't give away part of the Fixers toolset!
    I suppose some might see it as giving away part of a tool set but I would definitely like an easier way to get to my orbital apartment. Perhaps it could be made an element of the Cartographer Perk. If you have the apartment key in your inventory when you use the teleportation perk, it could take you directly there instead of to NLC, Tir, or Omni-Ent. It might even help them to sell more apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwate8992 View Post
    That's true enough but it would be even nicer if the people getting the reward did something more to earn it than just OD the ones who did all or most of the work to make the spawn happen in the first place. There are a number of things I like and that I'm enjoying about this 10th Anniversary event but the Desert Rider raids are not on that list. Considering that it was intended (insofar as I could tell) to be the centerpiece of the whole thing, that's kind of sad.

Did anyone bring the subject up this weekend? I'd be very curious to know just how FC "thought" this would play out.
    I'm sure FC has seen this thread, and I'm sure they've seen teh complaints ingame as well. No response by now means most likely one isn't coming other than "working as intended". After all, if they didn't see the complaints, they wouldn't have added the jetpacks to the store.

What's funny is I just spent around 4 hours in Newland Desert getting the birthday goodies of Nomads, and the Tinkerer has said he still needs 2500 items that whole time. Just about noone is collecting the crap to turn in.

Personally, I was leaving the birthday goodies I didn't need to rot on the Nomad corpses for other players to loot, but I was deleting all the "turn in" items first. I refuse to do the work for a few elitist.

FC needs to realize there was a reason in the first place that Beast raids were finally instanced.

My solution for the current problem ( not that it matters now )? The Clio should have been gotten through team missions. Team gets the mission, collects the items, turns in, and gets the spawn. Only the team gets to loot. Easy peasy. Even at 1 Clio drop per spawn, everyone would have had a greater chance at getting their own Clio than the current fubared system. And as a bonus, all the lower level players wouldn't have been subsidizing the high level players entertainment. Everyone would have been actually earning their item.

wtf/e

I opened my account 6/28/01. I endured the 12.6 patch when 1/2 the population quit. I enjoyed the Philip Ross speech in Rome REd without suffering CC as it was SRO and no one got kicked from the zone. I've paid to pay AO with a couple of accounts for most of that time. I took FC up on the 14 day free thingy only to find the same chaos as when I left months ago. Ok, fine, they put the jetpack into item shop for free. Too bad no one could access the item shop. I truly think new gfx will not fix this. All the balancing that's incoming will make this a different game, for the better - who knows? From reading posts about gathering loot for the 10th I can conclude the community has changed, for the worse. Might as well open up 10 orgs with the same mentality as Midnight Reveries?

It used to be fun. Now only we have mindless grinds you do and after which you complete only do once again to help your closest friends.

WTB some imagination. Leave the box.
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

In regards to the folks that are just sitting around and waiting for other people to spawn the nomad rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Kill stealing applies in two ways: first, someone has killed a mob that had to be spawned by a player or organization. The player(s) who spawned the mob own it, and anyone else killing it is considered harassment.
    I wonder why Funcom put out an encounter that is almost guaranteed to turn into a harrassment issue for players. I mean, ultimately, that really is a big part of the complaints that I've been hearing from players... they take the time to gather the items to spawn the Rider and then a team of 220's that haven't contributed at all kill the mob.

If this were an alien raid, mercs or pocketbosses then the team would be able to be petitioned yet funcom actually created an encounter that almost guarantees that some players will walk away feeling harrassed due to kill stealing (if the folks that OD'd didn't contribute anything to the spawning then ultimately that is what it is).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:17:47.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    In regards to the folks that are just sitting around and waiting for other people to spawn the nomad rider.

I wonder why Funcom put out an encounter that is almost guaranteed to turn into a harrassment issue for players. I mean, ultimately, that really is a big part of the complaints that I've been hearing from players... they take the time to gather the items to spawn the Rider and then a team of 220's that haven't contributed at all kill the mob.

If this were an alien raid, mercs or pocketbosses then the team would be able to be petitioned yet funcom actually created an encounter that almost guarantees that some players will walk away feeling harrassed due to kill stealing (if the folks that OD'd didn't contribute anything to the spawning then ultimately that is what it is).
    Nice catch, and very accurate. Funcom designed this event in direct opposition to their stated policies.

Can anyone tell me if there is a guide or something about those new encounters and how exactly do i obtain this cloak that seems to be mini - boc? Dos this cloak come in higher qls or just ql 30 or so from desert raiders? How long will it last, is it like pumpkin heads (2 weeks or so?)? Sorry to ask if it was already explained but this thread is just tl;dr.
    Last edited by Ciex; Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:05:00.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Nice catch, and very accurate. Funcom designed this event in direct opposition to their stated policies.
    Not really i think the general idea was that everyone contributes and everyone get a equal chance to loot (due to no loot rights on the boss). Only problem is that 10 people contribute and then 100 swarm in from god knows where when the global message pops up.

Instead of having like a 1/10 chance to get some loot it drops to 1/100 independent if you have contributed or not once that global message hits..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a guide or something about those new encounters and how exactly do i obtain this cloak that seems to be mini - boc? Dos this cloak come in higher qls or just ql 30 or so from desert raiders? How long will it last, is it like pumpkin heads (2 weeks or so?)? Sorry to ask if it was already explained but this thread is just tl;dr.
    How d'you figure its a mini boc? it has no ability stats on it at all... at best its a replacement for the prisoner upgraded bathrobe but without the on use effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Dos this cloak come in higher qls or just ql 30 or so from desert raiders?
    Newland Desert level 30 Nomads drop armors Ql30 - QL40ish
    Broken Shores level 100 Nomads drop armors QL70 - QL100ish
    Mort level 150 Nomads drop armors QL150 - QL225
    Perpetual Wastelands level 250 Nomads drop armors QL150 - QL300 (often QL300)
    Rider drops full QL300 set

The QL ranges might be wider, the above info is just from couple armor drops from each zone.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Has anyone tried to TS those parts? Read those Description and you notice that many of those seems to point up building the present. Maybe that give 1000p or something like that. But anyway i saw yesterday that counter to go from 112->4990 in less than hour so there gotta be way to get gring faster.
    Last edited by Ensiside; Jun 28th, 2011 at 16:17:55. Reason: typos :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ensiside View Post
    Has anyone tried to TS those parts? Read those Description and you notice that many of those seems to point up building the present. Maybe that give 1000p or something like that. But anyway i saw yesterday that counter to go from 112->4990 in less than hour so there gotta be way to get gring faster.
    The parts I have in inventory do not have associated tradeskills.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

As far as other players looting the event-trade-in items, they screwed the pooch in making the corpses despawn within 2mins.

The item counter can jump really fast... when a gm moves it. *cough Euro primetime*

For all tense and purposes the effort of looting all those items and trading them in, rinse repeat is a major waste of time and effort since you get no reward from it.

Whats more sad is there is actually a quest to find the tinker and turn in items, but it wasn't developed fully it seems, and gives no reward.

I see a trend.

the funny thing is, if you are farming nomads, you should be able to round up 100 pieces in an hour or two. that means if there are a total of 50 people farming nomad stuff on a server at any given time (which from what I've seen is a fairly accurate count), the raid should be happening quite frequently still.

the fact that most people farming nomads leave the items rotting on the corpses is a testament to how the player base feels about the birthday raid in general. seriously, you could fly around in any of the nomad zones, especially PW, and just loot the items all day long.

The raid in general is a massive cluster****, but it is fun none-the-less. I have managed to get 1 Clio out of a few raids, but I have also farmed countless backpacks of items, so I feel no shame in admitting i won one. but I also have no motivation to continue collecting items, because even though its a nice looking vehicle, it has a stigma attached to it. instead of the feeling of pride for accomplishing something, I feel bad for all the people that collected items and never even had a chance of getting the vehicle. whats worse, if it gets put in the item shop or phasefront store, who would want to buy it, when its supposed to be a birthday present?

meh. back to work for me
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

So the fail continues.

Last raid on RK1 the battle just got started, when a crat used his boss calm on the MOB. So the mob when into EXTREME regeneration mode, and the raid couldn't TOUCH the thing. For about 7-8 minutes nothing happened his HP bar DIDN'T MOVE! It took the entire raid to stop attack to let the mob reset.

Be prepared for the new wave of crattrolling on this raid. >_<
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

So is there a list anywhere of what anniversary items are available outside of the Desert Rider raid? I participated in the above-mentioned "fail raid", got a few items from some dead Nomads laying around, but there seems to be very little info on where all the items are available. I'd especially like the action figures!

Funcom employee

The only item that drops solely off of the Desert Rider is the Yalmaha Clio. All other birthday items (except the GSP Poster, which is manually given out at parties) drop off of the various grunt mobs/adds/etc. etc.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    the funny thing is, if you are farming nomads, you should be able to round up 100 pieces in an hour or two. that means if there are a total of 50 people farming nomad stuff on a server at any given time (which from what I've seen is a fairly accurate count), the raid should be happening quite frequently still.

the fact that most people farming nomads leave the items rotting on the corpses is a testament to how the player base feels about the birthday raid in general. seriously, you could fly around in any of the nomad zones, especially PW, and just loot the items all day long.

The raid in general is a massive cluster****, but it is fun none-the-less. I have managed to get 1 Clio out of a few raids, but I have also farmed countless backpacks of items, so I feel no shame in admitting i won one. but I also have no motivation to continue collecting items, because even though its a nice looking vehicle, it has a stigma attached to it. instead of the feeling of pride for accomplishing something, I feel bad for all the people that collected items and never even had a chance of getting the vehicle. whats worse, if it gets put in the item shop or phasefront store, who would want to buy it, when its supposed to be a birthday present?

meh. back to work for me
    On RK2 in ND, I had the entire zone to myself for hours for a few days in a row ( ON A WEEKEND to boot ). I finally got tired of deleting the turn in items ( I refused to turn in any myself ) and just started letting them rot with the gifts I didn't need so other players could pick 'em up if they wanted. Noone bothered. I literally killed Nomads non-stop for hours without running into ANY players ( outside of the leechers sitting around the Tinkerer waiting for somebody else to spawn the boss so they could go gank it and even their numbers have dwindled ) and I ran into no dead Nomads anywhere, spawns were untouched zone wide.

Your event failed FC. Might as well close it down and shove the old Clio in the shop. Hopefully, most players will let it rot in the shop so you get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The only item that drops solely off of the Desert Rider is the Yalmaha Clio. All other birthday items (except the GSP Poster, which is manually given out at parties) drop off of the various grunt mobs/adds/etc. etc.
    OK, but you have to participate in one of the raids to get this stuff? Is there nowhere else to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by metaplex View Post
    OK, but you have to participate in one of the raids to get this stuff? Is there nowhere else to find them?
    To get the items off the adds, there would have to have been a raid. The regular Nomads are all over the deserts and drop most of the items, only thing I haven't found on Nomads are the visors and leetmech which apparently drop only off adds, so I haven't gotten them.

Statues, 3 colors of tuxedos, 2 nanos, fancy clothing, clown wig, eyepatch, leet pinata all on Nomads.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 28th, 2011 at 20:52:09.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by metaplex View Post
    Much like every Halloween and the Uncle Pumpkinheads, you need to go kill things to get loot. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast