Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    You know.. after voicing my concerns over this situation I logged into game and guess what... back to back spawns of the Nomad Rider.. I can only assume done by the GMs or Devs. I was on LFT for Inferno and someone ninja invited me to a RI and since I was in the area I figured I'd see how things were going. Well I ended up looting Clio on 5 characters and 4 sets of the QL 300 Nomad armor packs. Dual logging over and over for the win? The whole thing felt more like a bad joke to me so figured why the heck not get my stuff.

I still feel the same about the raid though.. it seemed as if none of the low levels were being invited to the RI (regardless of faction.. in fact at one point the RI basically became of mix of all factions) so if you didn't have a TL7 then good luck. Wait, let me correct myself.. there was one go round where there was a 200 enf and a grey guy that I threw on my docs screen to watch his health.. can't remember the level.

Since these were GM spawned events I didn't feel bad for not doing anything but seriously... the process sucks.
    That's been my problem with it. Only got into a RI team one time and that was after asking continually "Any RI spots open?". Guess what happened though. I get in team, I say "Hi, thanks" and silence. Apparently they didn't check my level ( 85) until after I was in team. They all, without a word, dropped team. Didn't even have the balls to just kick me with a "sorry, you're too low", which I would have at least understood.

Anyway, I've given up on getting anything off the Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    That's been my problem with it. Only got into a RI team one time and that was after asking continually "Any RI spots open?". Guess what happened though. I get in team, I say "Hi, thanks" and silence. Apparently they didn't check my level ( 85) until after I was in team. They all, without a word, dropped team. Didn't even have the balls to just kick me with a "sorry, you're too low", which I would have at least understood.

Anyway, I've given up on getting anything off the Rider.
    Had a similar issue when I had a lowbie LFT since I figured it was the only way to try for it and someone was going to invite me and them PM'd "Oh, you're level 58"

No response or invite after that PM. As if to say "Piss off, don't want ya."

Maybe give some XP for people doing turnins.
    I do turnins of the items I find while I'm out collecting gear, but I'm not spending hours and hours farming just turn in items, I cant see why people are doing that knowing full well how the raid works.

Thats the only thing that I think needs tweaking, there needs to be some reward to fuel the turnin of items. If it is mostly low level people doing them then make it give an XP reward per turnin, I thought it was something like that as it doesn't make too much sense otherwise.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

When I first encountered the Desert Rider raid and realized how it was all done with handing in items and that the Rider itself was a DD fest, I honestly face-palmed. I couldn't believe how much disconnect you devs have with reality. I simply can't fathom how you thought it was a good idea to have the community be the ones helping to spawn the Rider (and handing in one-by-one? WTF), yet you must have realized that the players collecting weren't going to be the ones actually benefiting from their work?

I really can't comprehend your thought processes on how you thought this would work.

They read the forums and think that a few selfish trolls are the game's population.

Which ends by making it true. They feed the trolls, and in the end thats all they will have. Killing a perfectly good game in the process.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    They read the forums and think that a few selfish trolls are the game's population.

Which ends by making it true. They feed the trolls, and in the end thats all they will have. Killing a perfectly good game in the process.
    I know you have a thing against elitism, and you're not wrong, but over the last few years I get the sense that this is not actually true. I'm not saying that they aren't influenced significantly by the forum community, which in turn is represented by a very small portion of the actual population of the game. And maybe not the best portion, but judging from the douchery that occured during the first few days of the Anniversary Event, I'm faily confident that the worst portion of the population is well under represented on the forums.

What I feel is the the people developing content for the game, don't actually play it. Not that they don't log in, but rather that they don't play. For instance, I would be curious to know how many 220/30/70 toons our development team has levelled with no use of access to boost and all that crazy GM stuff? More importantly, how many of these toons have the levelled in the past year? I'm sure that they have a love for the game, but do they spend 10-20 hours per week just playing? Do they have alt characters that are in orgs where they are seeing the same things that we are on a daily basis? Have they joined/led points bots? When was the last time one of them showed up with a regular toon to Tara? Or participated in BS? Or collected all the necessary spirits for their shade alphas? Or tried to form a regular levelling team in the new age of daily missions?

It's probably not mandatory for developers to actually play their game, I understand that. And I also realize that the response to this may be that after working for 8 to 10 or 12 hours per day on a game, the last thing they feel like doing is going home and playing it. But those who are actually playing could have pointed out flaws in this particular design, and others that have occured over the last couple of years, easily from just personal experience.

And please, don't come to me with the test server. Yes, it is there for our benefit. And yes, it is an opportunity to try out stuff and give feedback. But this whole concept of "It's your fault for not going on test and saying something sooner" attitude escapes me. While it is certainly beneficial to have players testing out this content, and some joyful do, it is not our responsiblity to do that. If you don't already comprehend the ridiculousness of telling a customer that any dissatification they have with a product is their fault for not testing it out when they were given the opportunity, then I can't explain it to you.

In the end, it feels like the new content and changes that are making to the game are all based on paper and not actual in game experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Good News:

A lowbie organized a full raid, 3 teams of 220's and 3 teams of lowbies (lvl 31-199) trying to make it as fair as possible to handle loot (he doesn't need or want any loot himself).

Bad News:

Some 220's who couldn't OD a full raid force (even if half are lowbies) whined about the raid force, how this lowbie is a tyrant (I laughed at that), how he is giving it to his friends... when he is a returning player with almost no friends, and well... others were influenced by this and it went on and on and on... causing a whole argument for quite a while.

My thoughts:

The Desert Rider Raid/Event is causing a dual effect, it can bring out the best out of gamers, but also the worse due to frustration and the feel of getting cheated, that you don't have a chance in hell to get something cool because you're either not in a raid force, or because you're not 220 and the AOE can take you out in one shot.

Possible Solution:

Set the DR to automatically spawn once an hour.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Well, after 4-5 raids today my 150 Fixer, the self proclaimed "Man of Wealth and Taste", finally got his Yalmaha Clio. I'd like to thank Xola (aka Xolaz on RK1) for organizing and leading a great all-inclusive raid, and making the loot by request order list, and not Free for All. Xola is a r00b (returning n00b. sHe's been gone so long She needs to learn the game all over again), but he STILL managed to organize and lead a raid team better than any other group I've seen in Newland. Kudos, Xola. Awesome job.

However, just because I got my Clio doesn't mean I'm changing my tune. I STILL think this event was poorly designed and poorly implemented. And need to be taken back to square one.
    Last edited by Namiru; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 04:42:19.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Good News:

A lowbie organized a full raid, 3 teams of 220's and 3 teams of lowbies (lvl 31-199) trying to make it as fair as possible to handle loot (he doesn't need or want any loot himself).

Bad News:

Some 220's who couldn't OD a full raid force (even if half are lowbies) whined about the raid force, how this lowbie is a tyrant (I laughed at that), how he is giving it to his friends... when he is a returning player with almost no friends, and well... others were influenced by this and it went on and on and on... causing a whole argument for quite a while.

My thoughts:

The Desert Rider Raid/Event is causing a dual effect, it can bring out the best out of gamers, but also the worse due to frustration and the feel of getting cheated, that you don't have a chance in hell to get something cool because you're either not in a raid force, or because you're not 220 and the AOE can take you out in one shot.

Possible Solution:

Set the DR to automatically spawn once an hour.
    So, the poor 220's that are most likely the ones who've been dominating this event from the start didn't like the shoe when it was on the other foot, eh? Works for me. Sorry I missed the raid if this was on RK2, might've actually got in finally. But I'm glad to see not every player in the game has turned into a greedy ass of elitist entitlement.

Of course, the fact Xola is a returning player and not one of the "I've been here since 2001, this is my game n00b" {removed} that FC continues to listen to ,might have something to do with it.

*And no, not everyone who has been here since beta/launch or every 220 is an elitist who thinks the game is only meant for them. They know who they are though, and plenty of 'em post on the forums and in irc trying to maintain their mouth-to-ass connection to FC.*
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 1st, 2011 at 19:30:12. Reason: removed obscenities

So, the poor 220's that are most likely the ones who've been dominating this event from the start didn't like the shoe when it was on the other foot, eh? Works for me. Sorry I missed the raid if this was on RK2, might've actually got in finally. But I'm glad to see not every player in the game has turned into a greedy ass of elitist entitlement.

Of course, the fact Xola is a returning player and not one of the "I've been here since 2001, this is my game n00b" {removed} that FC continues to listen to ,might have something to do with it.

*And no, not everyone who has been here since beta/launch or every 220 is an elitist who thinks the game is only meant for them. They know who they are though, and plenty of 'em post on the forums and in irc trying to maintain their mouth-to-ass connection to FC.*
    No, this was on RK1. Xola usually uses that name, but someone had it on RK1, so she took "Xolaz" instead. So, I give props to the name she prefers.
    Last edited by Namiru; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 04:42:45.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    No, this was on RK1. Xola usually uses that name, but someone had it on RK1, so he took "Xolaz" instead. So, I give props to the name he prefers.
    Ah, well then props to Xolaz on RK1.

I'm please with the recent actions taken by funcom on the whole "multiple rider spawn" thing. I've been online several evenings this week and seen 4-5 spawns each evening during the hour or two i've played. I even managed to get into a good raid and we won loot a few times. Being the responsible person...i only took one item Sadly, the last two days have seen a bugged rider due to calms or such causing massive rehealing and a bunch of nub actions. The size of the zerg IS getting smaller though...and except for a few folks being lootwhores....name ommitted..it's been more funner .
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    If you want a Clio off of the Desert Rider? Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    Really? It's not a fact that others just shows up for the kill with a 220 toon?

Anyway, it's just a yalm...what does it do? Adds 5k rs?

You could consider being there, when it dies, and feeding the Tinkerer rewarding players.

They should ensure that all who paricipated gets a chance at least :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    They should ensure that all who paricipated gets a chance at least :/
    ^This

And not just participation in killing, but also, and most important, participation in farming the items.

were are you now you cry noobs? You can only QQ each time when FC give you free loot after you accuse them of selfish raid for 220 power dd
    And dont tell me now your sick of this cuz i dont buy'it
    Yesterday FC pop the desert rider and i was surprise that i could do only 2 teams on first pop and 3 on second(on my time play)
    Were are you now?you did loot on all your toons and dont want to show up?
    GJ FC
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    were are you now you cry noobs? You can only QQ each time when FC give you free loot after you accuse them of selfish raid for 220 power dd
    Yesterday FC pop the desert rider and i was surprise that i could do only 2 teams on first pop and 3 on second(on my time play)
    GJ FC
    It was a selfish raid for 220's only.Hate to tell ya Shishu, but most of us did get sick of it. We moved on. If there's noone to team with to take down the Rider, cry to FC.

The 220's got their loot, they don't care if you get yours.

Most of the sub 220's gave up on ever getting loot and aren't going to farm crap to turn in anymore.

Failed event is failed. All I can say is buy the Clio from the shop when it's placed in there within the week or so, or try again next year if you're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    GJ FC
    From my vantage points, raids aren't supposed to be welfare events. People attend raids generally because there is something (item, armor, weapon, etc) that drops in the raid that either they need, an orgmate needs or a friend needs.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but are you suggesting that people show up to the Rider raid when they dont need anything from it just to provide DD to kill it for the folks that haven't gotten the opportunity to loot yet?

While I personally engage in plenty of charitable events in game.. a raid..especially one for the 10th birthday shouldn't be setup in such a way where lowbies have to get charity or pity from higher levels. There should be some dynamic that allows everyone to contribute and reap rewards. That is the problem really.

For me, when I see that Rider announcement I just ignore it. If you're on RK2 and having trouble getting people to rally for the spawning then maybe post a neutnet asking for high level assistance. Besides that advice, I can only tell you that you're just a victim of poor design.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 12:18:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I understand the idea behind the raid. Clio drops for the few but everyone gets a reward in form of the jetpack. Because of the poor design combined with bully behavior of some that jetpack was moved to paid shop for free. This removed the "reward for everyone" from the raid and made it solely about Clio.

Failed event is failed. All I can say is buy the Clio from the shop when it's placed in there within the week or so, or try again next year if you're still here.
    Speaking of the in-game store, anyone out there that has actually bought the Premium Nano Crystal (Pronouncement of Magnanimity) & can tell us what morphs you get with it?

I just can not see the logic of spending points on it when the description gives you no idea of what it does.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast