Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    It's a 220 Plains Rider boss atm on test with Beast HP's, with added Fanatics which spawn during killing it. Unless its changed its TL6+ atm to just kill it quickly, so expect OD fests for Selling rights.
    just one?

for the sake of this being an awesome birthday for all/most players, let's hope there are many, spread out across rubi-ka, so that Orgs can team/raid up, and go hunting for them. that would be epic.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

You farm Party items from mobs in various zones and hand them in to the Party NPC, once you have a set amount collected[5000 atm], the Boss is spawned.

Sounds epic alright, an epic grind.
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

You farm Party items from mobs in various zones and hand them in to the Party NPC, once you have a set amount collected[5000 atm], the Boss is spawned.
    oh sick. thats alright then. hopefully griefing will be at a minimum.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

t's a 220 Plains Rider boss atm on test with Beast HP's, with added Fanatics which spawn during killing it. Unless its changed its TL6+ atm to just kill it quickly, so expect OD fests for Selling rights.
    So for those of us that want items on our 24/60/100/150 twinks we are just crap out of luck as this is endgame content. What BS for 10th birthday items.

So who's stupid idea was it that all the birthday content would drop from this raid? Cause it is truly stupid.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Funcom employee

You guys are putting an *awful* lot of effort raging against something you kinda obviously have no clue how it works yet... just sayin'.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    You guys are putting an *awful* lot of effort raging against something you kinda obviously have no clue how it works yet... just sayin'.
    And you still have not answered if it will be doable by non-endgame toons. And maybe we are raging because the concept is really that rage worthy. All the information currently available says if I want X item on my 24 that I need to do the quest with my 220 and loot with my 24. That is BS. So clarify for us.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Funcom employee

I'm not going to spoil incoming content for a large number of reasons. ;P But (A) I haven't said that there *isn't* content in this for lower-level players, (B) I did actually say the following earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    That *said*, think of the Desert Rider event very similarly to Uncle Pumpkinhead and his many minions; there'll be content there for everyone, and plenty enough phatz to go around. =)
    and (C) never believe everything you read on the internet - Speculation based off of rumours and half-informed sound bites doesn't help anyone. If you're that curious go to Testlive - The content is up and running as we speak. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I actually went over to Test to take a look for the exact reasons Kintaii listed in his post Based off of most of the nonsense I read from folks on these forums I don't believe anything fully and a lot of people jump to conclusions without being fully informed or making any attempt to get the information.

Anyway...

From what I saw, without providing any spoilers, there are PLENTY of b-day items for people of all levels and Kintaii's Uncle Pumpkinhead reference was very fitting. I don't really see anything to get upset about. (Though I did not loot all items on the b-day page so dunno what, if anything, is available as items shop only). I farmed some stuff myself from the low and high end mobs. I have no clue as to what happens when that person gets 5k items but even if I don't get anything that raid drops I'd still have a crapton of stuff on alts.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 20th, 2011 at 18:53:37.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I actually went over to Test to take a look for the exact reasons Kintaii listed in his post Based off of most of the nonsense I read from folks on these forums I don't believe anything fully and a lot of people jump to conclusions without being fully informed or making any attempt to get the information.

Anyway...

From what I saw, without providing any spoilers, there are PLENTY of b-day items for people of all levels and Kintaii's Uncle Pumpkinhead reference was very fitting. I don't really see anything to get upset about. (Though I did not loot all items on the b-day page so dunno what, if anything, is available as items shop only). I farmed some stuff myself from the low and high end mobs. I have no clue as to what happens when that person gets 5k items but even if I don't get anything that raid drops I'd still have a crapton of stuff on alts.
    I don't really want to spoil it for myself more than what's on the forums. So thanks for a balanced report.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Was on test today and it looked fine. Its no problem to do it on lowbies
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

So, having finally played in one of these raids, it's only sort of as bad as you think. Most items can easily be obtained through hunting Nomads in the desert. Got a good majority of them myself.

Even the jetpack (Cool addition BTW guys) can be obtained by all once the raid boss is defeated.

However, thusfar it seems the Clio Yalm is ONLY obtainable off the raid boss's body and you need to be on the winning team to get it. So, unless you can get on a team of 220s and outdo the other 220s, you're probably not gonna get it by the looks of it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliarah View Post
    So, having finally played in one of these raids, it's only sort of as bad as you think. Most items can easily be obtained through hunting Nomads in the desert. Got a good majority of them myself.

Even the jetpack (Cool addition BTW guys) can be obtained by all once the raid boss is defeated.

However, thusfar it seems the Clio Yalm is ONLY obtainable off the raid boss's body and you need to be on the winning team to get it. So, unless you can get on a team of 220s and outdo the other 220s, you're probably not gonna get it by the looks of it so far.
    Yes, that was my observation on test as well.

I actually think that is a bit unfair as folks with lower level toons have 0 chance of looting the yalm unless orgs are doing OD teams and then raffling them internally (or they are an alt of one of the 220's on the OD team).

Even though I have several 220 chars I doubt I'll get one of the yalms because more than likely I won't be on such an OD team.

It would be nice if there were an alternative way to get the yalm just like there is an alternative way to get a full set of ql 300 nomad armor...maybe there is and we just haven't found it yet though
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Yes, that was my observation on test as well.

I actually think that is a bit unfair as folks with lower level toons have 0 chance of looting the yalm unless orgs are doing OD teams and then raffling them internally (or they are an alt of one of the 220's on the OD team).

Even though I have several 220 chars I doubt I'll get one of the yalms because more than likely I won't be on such an OD team.

It would be nice if there were an alternative way to get the yalm just like there is an alternative way to get a full set of ql 300 nomad armor...maybe there is and we just haven't found it yet though
    I agree. I don't even have a 220 so my chances are also slim to none. The same can almost be said for the loot that drops off the boss's minions (Fanatic nomads I believe) unless you can Ninja-loot them.

I was hoping for alternate means to get the Clio as well.

How does one get jetpack?

Still, I see this as pretty messed... Clio is only for single team after community has farmed 5000 items...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post

Still, I see this as pretty messed... Clio is only for single team after community has farmed 5000 items...
    And only if you're on the team that gets the loot rights.

As for the jetpack, when the raid boss dies, a torch appears. Click it to get the pack.

I can't verify for certain since I got fanaticed on the first go and only got back in time to see the corpses rot, but it seems that anyone who does damage is able to loot the boss.

Nice new mechanic FC if I'm understanding it right.

Only winning RI can loot the boss corpse. Thanks Edta.
    Last edited by Redesine; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 02:36:18.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    I can't verify for certain since I got fanaticed on the first go and only got back in time to see the corpses rot, but it seems that anyone who does damage is able to loot the boss.

Nice new mechanic FC if I'm understanding it right.
    I consider this false rumour as I didn't see mass of looting when I was there...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I agree It's pretty far out from usual mechanics if true... I'll try to report back with confirmation.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post

Yeah, I was actually talking to some friends about this after I was on Test but didn't want to post spoiler stuff in this thread before the content was Live.

I can't see people farming items to turn in (especially low levels) when they know they'll be OD'd on the boss and wont be able to loot anything.

THOUGH... you can still get the new shades/visors as well as the jetpack out of the experience so I dunno.
    You can find me at:

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast