Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

So it seems another great effort of FC to keep lowbies and froobs away of the birthday items?

i only attend to the very first raid on rk2 and only can say it's a nice event you put together there
    i'm not sure now if any1 is able to get the "uber" loot or if it's really just available to the team which did the most damage, but you can get pretty nice stuff for all lvls.
    i was very surprised that the Desert Nomads drop "Lya's"-like armor which is very awesome.
    so if you're trox you might wanna get some helmet and shoulderpads while it lasts!

looking forward to see such drops more often then just on halloween!

thank you

This is absolutely not fun event... i farm items many hours, i get loot right on boss and nothing! because somebody have less ping then me.

FC you are really hate players if implement events like it? This is not birthday event! This is just event only for ninja-looters!
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 09:30:43.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

I don't think they thought of players creating a raid interface of 12+ players to get lootrights.

I'll leave the lagfest/dps drama aside, there's enough of that in this thread already (stuff I agree with).

I've spent hours farming the stuff to turn in myself. I was at 3 of the events today with the 5k item trade-in spawn nonsense.

IF, and I make this assumption based on someone that won the loot, IF the corpse only has 6 of each item. A raid interface of 24 people that won the lootrights, won't get items they helped win. The same is true for all the people that helped farm the 5k items to get the campers a chance to kill the boss. I would like to add that 5k items is either WAY TOO MUCH, or items traded in need to count as 5.

I'd be all for some tl5 mish that when they turn in like 300 items or so, they get their own yamaha clio.

As far as the dps war on a mob raid... that's the future of ao. I see this as a trial run for future content. This would be great... but raid interface killed this method of raiding. If they were to make damage made from players in a raid interface not count towards who wins loot, well that would be a lot better.

Whether you agree with my ideas or not is okay. I think most of the players that have experienced the Desert Rider raid agree that change is needed badly.

This birthday Raid is crappy ******* bulll*** !

My Orgmates and I traded lots of items, build a team and got nothing.

Make This an instanced Raid and I'll be in. or put the yalm into Newland Fasefont shop, cause i definitly want it on all of my toons. But getting at least one Yalm will be allready impossible

Rest stuff is kind of farm-able otherwise, but please give all players a chance of getting that Yalm.
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantopha View Post
    This birthday Raid is crappy ******* bulll*** !

My Orgmates and I traded lots of items, build a team and got nothing.

Make This an instanced Raid and I'll be in. or put the yalm into Newland Fasefont shop, cause i definitly want it on all of my toons. But getting at least one Yalm will be allready impossible

Rest stuff is kind of farm-able otherwise, but please give all players a chance of getting that Yalm.
    If you're lucky you can buy it from the ingame shop for $50 on all toons... (if FC decides that "everyone" should be able to access the items and put it in the shop)

How can you have problems looting? Just activate the click threw box thingy they added afew years back and click all the way down to the torch or corpse ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

team/raid loot leader ftw
    Sonifix (220/26 Fixer) / Bingo (192/15 Bureaucrat) / Donot (171/16 Nano-Technician) Glaciator (126/15 Agent)
    Goldenglory (170/24 Enforcer) / Impossible (76/8 Trader) / Konspirator (191/9 Adventurer) / Lakmus (200/10 Meta-Physicist)
    Naturlich (150/20 Martial Artist) / Rage (110/11 Enforcer) / Slon (150/20 Soldier) / Sonido (220/30 Soldier)
    Sonikeep (220/30 Keeper) / Vidalsosun (150/15 Trader) / Wipe (95/10 Enforcer) / Wish (220/28 Doctor)

Why don't they just have missions running that have a chance to drop the loot too...exactly the same as the UPH missions?

The Tinker size has been increased, let's see how next round goes
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

"thank for being here for the 10 year anniversary, as a reward....have another grind"

inspired.

After having done the spawn a second time and getting in a great little raid group I got all of the things and don't plan on doing it again with any other toons. The first spawn and the second were so completely different in how the players that were there handled it.

There was still the problem of some people standing on/in the urn and making it nearly impossible to click on, and still the problem of people not collecting any pieces and then fighting for loot, but with about half the number of people than were in the first raid, it went a lot more smoothly.

For those who can, I'd suggest trying to do this late at night/early morning. Another thing that seemed to help was a player cast the Veteran Leet Transformation on a large portion of the group and it cut down the lag immensely.

I'll still come out to help gather pieces for people, so good luck getting in a good raid, because they do exist. During the weekend it should probably go from 2 raids in a day to 3 or 4 or possibly 5 depending on how many people aren't completely turned off when they hear "5000 items".
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Why don't they just have missions running that have a chance to drop the loot too...exactly the same as the UPH missions?
    I vote for this

Still it's 833 and 1/3 items for each Yalm...

Which is quite sick, considering it's KS fest...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I've already posted that I was upset with this, but I'm going to give some more concise feedback.

• Last night when people were newly excited about the event, it took 5+ hours to farm the items. People are already demotivated, so how long will it take today? The day after?

• I continued farming for a loong time after it stopped being interesting to see what other things dropped. The actual event, on the other hand, is 10 mins of spectating (gathering/buff time?) and 30s of fighting.

• Even with all effects turned off and view distances down, the number of people required to actually farm 5000 items made it a very laggy 30s.

• The fanatics are humans in a huge crowd of tabbable humans.

• I almost cried when I saw "You have entered a crowded area..." I had farmed a good 100-200 items and I was being booted out.

• It matters little who does the actual work involved in the raid. In the end, the people to get the best reward are the people with the biggest raidforce of DD profs. As a neutral without many sided friends, I don't feel like I will ever have a chance of getting the nice reward, no matter how much farming I do.

• I was not even able to see this flame/torch/jar thing, or even find it to click though the 50+ people standing/sitting/crawling on it. FU the people who did that, seriously.

• After it's all over I can't help but think that in a world of such rich narrative background, the 10th Anniversary event makes very little to no actual sense.

Suggestion:

Ignoring how much sense it makes - since if I'm honest, it doesn't seem to be a factor - it should be possible to spawn more Tinkers around the world. If it's possible to lower her item threshold without patching, then people can choose a Tinker to work together on. There would be raids much more often and then perhaps people would have a fair shot at winning lootrights.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I've not participated in any of this "fun" yet. I logged in last night to do my dailies and had too much of a time trying to zone around I gave up and logged in a few hours later.

I never minded farming xmas gifts from santa leets or running xmas quests or pretty much any of the holiday/anna events...untill reading this. Even farming Griefing UPH everyone would pretty much respect your mob and not ks or kill you. This however, seems orders of magnitude higher on the "not fun" catagory. All the griefing and bitching and 5000 items to spawn yadda ignored...let's boil it down.... IT DOESN'T SOUND FUN. Isn't that what this game and especially "holiday/anna" events are supposed to be all about?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

make more than one The Tinker, one per desert zone, will partly solve cc problems
    Sonifix (220/26 Fixer) / Bingo (192/15 Bureaucrat) / Donot (171/16 Nano-Technician) Glaciator (126/15 Agent)
    Goldenglory (170/24 Enforcer) / Impossible (76/8 Trader) / Konspirator (191/9 Adventurer) / Lakmus (200/10 Meta-Physicist)
    Naturlich (150/20 Martial Artist) / Rage (110/11 Enforcer) / Slon (150/20 Soldier) / Sonido (220/30 Soldier)
    Sonikeep (220/30 Keeper) / Vidalsosun (150/15 Trader) / Wipe (95/10 Enforcer) / Wish (220/28 Doctor)

I agree with people's gripe about the anniversary raid, but I'm going to post about something people didn't write about.

For the love of God, developers, please, please, please read up on the vast and rich Anarchy Online lore. Seriously. There is an amazing amount of material you could use. Please don't make any more of those totally out of context, out of game world poor excuses for a story. Really, it would be somehow better if Tinker said "Bring me 5000 inventory icon type of items that you can loot off Nomads' corpses and I will spawn a boss for you to kill."

I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously, the "story" behind the loot doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Tinker wants to kill the Raider so she makes you kill the Nomads and steal their "party supplies"... Nomads carrying paper clips, wrapping paper and... C4... (and the fact they're planning a party isn't an excuse). I don't even feel like commenting on the rest of the "story".

I know most players don't pay much attention to the NPC text, but there are some for whom this kind of poor excuse for a story really kills the experience and game world immersion.

Why is it that every anniversary is "Mr Squeeky's birthday" or "Raider's birthday party" or something equally out of the game world like that instead of the anniversary of opening of Rubi-Ka to colonisation? Why instead of using the material you already have, that fits in the general theme of Anarchy Online wolrd, you choose to invent poor and silly excuses that have nothing to do with the lore?

I came back to AO for the anniversary. I already regret it.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    make more than one The Tinker, one per desert zone, will partly solve cc problems
    And decrease the number of items required to like, 1000.
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    How can you have problems looting? Just activate the click threw box thingy they added afew years back and click all the way down to the torch or corpse ^^
    1) You mean "use bounding boxes for targeting" option.
    2) It has NOTHING to do with clickthrough !
    3) Clickthrough DOESN'T WORK when half the people are standing still, and half the people are running around and in and out - RESETTING the targeting system !

p.s. Perpetual Wastelands crashed on RK1 ~5 minutes ago, need a GM to respawn the Nomads !
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast