Thread: BS queue system works great!

BS queue system works great!

I signed up as the fourth person of a side. We get a BS invite. Upon arrival into the Decon room, I realize that the other 3 people have said no or logged off.

The queue system let me in, along with 6, no kidding, SIX of the other faction. Not only that, the round NEVER ended because there were not enough combatants. I hid in sneak while the other faction ran around looking for me, then they proceeded to cap all 4 points and the round ended shortly after.

FC, your BS queue system is AWFUL. Please do something to fix it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I signed up as the fourth person of a side. We get a BS invite. Upon arrival into the Decon room, I realize that the other 3 people have said no or logged off.
    Sounds more like team fail+ragequit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmyth View Post
    Sounds more like team fail+ragequit to me.
    Nope, people that signs up for BS and then logs of stays in the queue.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Nope, people that signs up for BS and then logs of stays in the queue.
    That's the biggest problem imo, otherwise BS will always be a disapointement as long as the population doesn't get higher. You sign up and by the time something happens, you're busy doing something else or logged off.

Plus the interface is pretty bad in telling you that you are in queue and all that.

The only thing that can really improve is to make the losing side gain more vp, like scale it from a minimum, so far I see that the side with the biggest queue is always winning. And the losing side lose half of its players each loss, unless the fight was even. You must encourage people to stay.
    Last edited by boltgun; Jun 19th, 2011 at 09:55:12.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    That's the biggest problem imo, otherwise BS will always be a disapointement as long as the population doesn't get higher.
    Shortly after LE and battlestations launch, this problem was identified, but waved away due to "new engine will bring new and returning people so there will be enough".

Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I've already posted in Game Suggestions but going to be repetitive because I feel strongly that someone should look into how battlestations works currently and make some adjustments.

Right now you get a BS invite and upon acceptance are immediately warped into the BS decontamination room. If, for some reason (which happens quite often in my personal experience), not enough folks signed up on one side or the other you get another box saying this, a few points and you're kicked out of BS and to the main BS sign up area.

Maybe this made sense way back when but with today's population this is not working. Can someone please go in and adjust the code such that we don't get warped to decontamination until the confirmed minimum on both sides have clicked accept and then get a popup message saying "sorry can't do this round, care to re-enter queue?" if the minimum has not accepted within x minutes?

Why is this an issue? Let's take my shade yesterday as an example. I was doing the Penumbra Xan progression quest when I got an invite to BS. Mind you I'd signed up for BS about 3 hours prior. I accepted, got warped.. lost all of my buffs (which I had to dual log and relog 3 times to get fully buffed up) only to get kicked out of BS about a min or 2 later due to not enough folks on the omni side accepting the invite. I can tell you that in the future I am going to be one of those people that does not accept the invite if I'm in Pen or some other spot that takes me any bit of time to get to... because there is no guarantee that my sacrifice of leaving what I was doing is not going to be in vain. In other words, the dynamics of the way battlestations currently works puts us all on a negative path of not getting into a working battlestations round.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

BTW, don't be sarcastic. FC people might actually feel themselves proud of this system, if they failed to read beyond the subject title (which they probably have).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    BTW, don't be sarcastic.
    Ah, but you see, maybe that was his point! A single swan, in a lake full of ducks, will draw more attention to itself than if it were alone. Poetry, symbolism, blah blah etc.

Bump

Offline people should get taken out of the queue and more people should get invited if people decline (if there's more in line).

Also BS should end if 0 people join from one side, instead of continuing with 000 vs 000 and forcing people to get deserter for 10 min. Currently it ends itself and saves people from becoming deserters if ONE person joins in one or both sides.
    Last edited by Seoin; Jun 20th, 2011 at 17:18:16. Reason: added last line

Just start the BS only when and if people have accepted the invite. Start it for the first 6 people of each side that have accepted. If somebody did not accept invite the next toon in the queue.

After you've pressed "Accept" you should see a window with the number of accepts for each side so you can tell other guys to join up if a position is still empty after some time.

But START it only if it is full!
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

This needs work, yeah.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

i've never understood why the option to leave queue is disabled after zoning...why? I'd leave join and leave enabled. i can join the queue already when finished my daily or whatever. Changes i'd suggest:

* Automatically leave queue upon logging out
    * Automatically leave queue on afk (by default, may be switched off in menu)
    * add an audio alert if you get invite
    * if new rounds starts, check first if at least 4 people of both sides click on accept in a given time (10 seconds or something - i don't think anyone would care bs would start 10 secs later but there weren't any bug rounds, not enough combatants etc rounds)
    *if you join the queue in another zone than bs terminals, you're forced to stay in queue for like 5 minutes (this is to prevent several people "checking" the queue and by accident triggering a round)
    * if you stay in the queue and do something else, give reminders ("you're still waiting to get your behind kicked in bs...are you sure you want to blah blah" - may also switch this off in menu tho)

my1rustycent

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    *if you join the queue in another zone than bs terminals, you're forced to stay in queue for like 5 minutes (this is to prevent several people "checking" the queue and by accident triggering a round)
    Just show the status of the BS before you enter the queue.

Entering and leaving the queue to "check" it is a workaround that should be fixed.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

A portable BS signing machine would really solve many BS problems ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

This is only an issue where you have one side that never really queues for BS (i.e, omni on RK1 atm)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.