Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New item icons.

New item icons.

Anyone else feel that half the stuff that was just changed is MUCH uglier that the old icons?

Things like AI bots looking different are usefull changes, but the MOR, IGOC and DB Bracer just look like a 5 year old opened paint and hit his face on the keyboard.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

no u
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I love all the new icons - much cooler.

I prefer the new icons also. If nothing else, at least now you can tell items apart more easily, since so many used to share icons. I know some still do, but it's getting better.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Enfizzle View Post
    Anyone else feel that half the stuff that was just changed is MUCH uglier that the old icons?
    While it is nice to be able to quickly tell the difference on items that previously had the same icon, the new ones do not look as professional as the originals.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    While it is nice to be able to quickly tell the difference on items that previously had the same icon, the new ones do not look as professional as the originals.
    Imo they (or he since I heard they hired a specific person to do this) did a pretty good job on the icons, they are not supposed to look professional but they have to be useful.. which they are now! thumbs up
    Imhere 220/30 Enforcer, tanking raids in persisting symb set since.. he was able to
    Solhere 150/20 Soldier, roaming BS

Bump. The majority of the replacement icons put in today are very poorly chosen for the items they're supposed to be representing.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Enfizzle View Post
    Things like AI bots looking different are usefull changes, but the MOR, IGOC and DB Bracer just look like a 5 year old opened paint and hit his face on the keyboard.
    My question then is how do you use Paint with a keyboard...?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Bump. The majority of the replacement icons put in today are very poorly chosen for the items they're supposed to be representing.
    Really? What exactly does a "Imbued Globe of Clarity" look like? The bracer icons, do infact, look like bracers.

Not seeing it here!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'm unsure why the "common" items are getting their icons changed.

some of the new icons look good.. but some of them.. well, golly gosh..

Why not change just the icons for the less used, less seen, duplicate icon items that we wouldn't care so much if it looked like a four legged rainbow meat cannon or a glowing donut hole tied with string because it's not in our equip tab or on our hotbar?

Love the new Icons, withered flesh looks like.......MOM! Seriously, good job!

I like most of the new items icons, except MOTR/barrow strength/withered flesh. YUCK.

They look like a deer carcass.

I think that new icons are in line with AO story and AO world.
    Dragocz RK1

new perk special icons please

I'm not overly keen on the Perfected Dust Brigade Bracer's new icon. I just don't see what it's supposed to represent. It's also quite small so you don't really get a feel for the level of detail thats probably been put into it.

This is also a problem with the withered flesh/MoR. The old icons used to stand out much more. I kind of understood the icon change for withered flesh, this new one does look more 'withered', but I think the shape at least for the MoR should have been kept.

I like the new icon for the Master Piece Bracer, although it looks very Grand. It would have been a perfect icon for Leo's Bracer since at the moment that bracer just has a ring icon.

I think the AI Bot icons look a bit rough. I prefered the old smoother icons but do think that the new stronger colour changes for each type of bot is an improvement.

All in all though some good changes and new players won't have the 'taste' issues that older players will have of course. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I like most of the new items icons, except MOTR/barrow strength/withered flesh. YUCK.

They look like a deer carcass.
    I actually think thats kinda the point... Ya know.. Withered flesh.... Deer Carcass... I bet you can see the irony in your post there :3
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

If its not broken... don't "fix" it. There's been plenty of icons I've kind of used to, which now are more like "wtf?".

Also, many new icons seem to have too much details for the size.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Some are good, some are bad. Overall i don't really understand why replace the icons for very well estabilished items that didn't share an icon with other items from typical inventory.

New icons for viralbots and bracers certainly help a lot to clear up some confusion and navigate through backpacks, but whats the reasoning behind Might of The Revenant change?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Really? What exactly does a "Imbued Globe of Clarity" look like?
    Well technically speaking, old icon was a clear blue globe. New one is...i don't know what it is.

I recognize a collar as a collar..thats the one I like..
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

I think many of the new icons are cool but but in my personal opinion I think some of the changes were unnecessary.

What was the point of changing iGoc when the jewel that had the same icon (crystal sphere) had already been changed? I actually liked the MotR as it was.. now it looks like something that ran into a bag of skittles. I really don't care for the look of the masterpiece and DB bracer but...whatever I guess.

Please don't change the arul saba bracers....

If people were having so many problems with icons why not just go into list mode? I dunno.. guess I'm ranting.

/rant off
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast