Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: BS changes

Can someone just explain to me how:

Running down massive passage-ways between lifts which are also the furthest points from any cappable control point, thus making them the least useful location for anyone to be if they actually want to win a round of battlestation.

Is far superior to:

Pvping, dieing, and spawning close to a control console where players that just killed you would NOT be and allow you to quickly cap a point.

I can't call it "superior" because it was simply a choice, it was not forced upon anyone in any way what so ever. If someone chose to fight in the hallway then good for them, if you didn't like it you stayed near the core or the teleports and did not go there... Choices are good, the ability to suit multiple playstyles and professions is good. It was not cheap or unfair because it was entirely optional to put yourself in that situation in the first place.

Is a change that limits your game experience and forces everyone to do something they could have already been doing if they wanted to really better? If, for example, funcom listened to all the complaints about osb and pockets and teams in pvp, and made a change so that all pvp would be strictly self buffed duels only, would that be "better" ? There is already the option to duel, as there is the option to pvp with multiple players, as there once was the option to pvp in the hallways in battlestation. Of course there would be a select few who do only enjoy duels that would not be bothered if funcom did such a thing, perhaps even call it an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Nubs like Agents who're hamburger once rooted/ubted?

Someone running away can still warp-hop until they're blue in the face, and it's more effective than using the hallways, which can be cut off by warping yourself or having a friend.
    The hallways could easily be modified by changing the ledge so pets can get over it. Currently, there's nowhere to go to remove debuffs, to have a 1v1 with someone, or in general to not get lolzergstomped if you're not a zerg-tanking profession.

Bump for open hallways and core-ramp-floors. Spiral changes were decent.
    This

Tho still, remove the spawn points littering the entire zone.
    It's like modern warfare 2 in there, and this is no fps.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vaniga 220 Doc - Revolver 220 Sol - Gadaffy 220 Agt - Dukenukem 220 Nt
    Exclusive 220 Keep - Niradriel 220 Shd - Kranglefant 220 Enf - Epicac 220 Crt
    Twintekker 220 Eng - Pjusk 216 Trd - Whitestarr 220 Ma - Eastwood 210 Adv
    Onyxia 150 Shotgun Ma - Envictus 200 Enf - Smug 150 Keeper -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Currently, there's nowhere to go to remove debuffs
    Decomp room

That's what I do anyway
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Hmm,

In a huge tread like this i find it kind of sucky that there is no feedback from the devs. Maybe a small "we are looking at some of the issues related to BS" or simply "we won't change anything" would be nice. I know that Means said something about someone looking at the issues with the Decomp HoT, but not everyone reads every post on these forums.

And one thing i forgot to mention in the list I made of current issues with BS is the ability to APT on decomp. I think this issue is self explanatory. This "bug" is not new to this patch but the increase in time before you get kicked out of decomp has made it even easier to do. FIX!

To respond to soaptarder in the correct thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    spawn camping occured when one side dominated the other heavily, which often resulted in bs not running for a while after that.

with new bs, spawn camping does not happen any longer
    Sorry, but this is not true. The average distance from spawn to getting attacked is about the same as it was in the previous bs while a side was actually spawncamping.
    Here's a vid of another game that the devs seem to have copied for the bs changes that sums up my experience with the new BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbxOwXBfi0

Notice how there's multiple spawn locations at random so there's no "spawncamping" right?

THIS is what happens when we get people actually playing.
    lucky for us we have a few seconds of "spawn armor" and docs, crats, and engis that make an immortal zerg.

Now, if you enjoy that kind of experience, go knock yourself out in the pvp mine PF that also shares the same gameplay experience, but don't blame us if there's nobody there. You can't convince me that this type of gameplay is better.

While I'm trying to pvp and enjoy myself, the number of people I've encountered in the new bs that are still under the "spawn armor" when we meet... it's a joke. I don't like to be killing people, or getting killed seconds after spawn, now it's forced upon me. I mean there's only like 6-8 people in the whole bs and this happens? Can you imagine what would happen if/when we actually have participation like we did during 2007-2008 ? We need room to play in so we can actually enjoy our experience, plus important areas/choke points where there is the hectic fighting... not just 100% random zergdeathness that only few players/profs enjoy.

Thank you to the devs for taking the time to listen to the players to make changes and not leave it totally broken. I hope the upcoming revisions drastically improve gameplay. However I think that simply increasing the time it takes to spawn, without adding "home" areas to spawn or to remove debuff and to prepare for a fight will only cause more frustration. We'll see

I agree with Xirayne. And the "decon time increased if you die too quick" gonna make BS way too unfair to squish profs. If that was already ingame when I did my last BS on MP I would have stayed in Decon for the whole fight (yes, I got around 50+ times killed and got 1 kill. Engi huggers anyone? :P)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

every time i go into BS now...I just get sad

this is what I see:

it's like seeing someone put the training wheels back on their bike after the first time they fall down.

it's like wrapping your kid in pillows, knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet before sending him/her out to play.

it's like owning a Ferrari, but trading it in on a Volvo because you had a kid, and you got old, and you're scared of all the bad things that could happen now.

it's sad, and depressing. it looks weak.

it's looks fearful of disappointing someone by telling them the truth about their eating problem.

it's afraid of going outside because you might get a sunburn.

it's giving in after you lost your Knight to a rook.

it's not having a clue about what this game is about.

it's lost the thrill.

it's lost the point of trying a little harder. it's lost the necessity to live.

it's done a good job at narrowing the gap between those that really can because they worked their asses off, and those that couldn't care less because they don't have to anymore.

it's like paying for a game with Anarchy in the title, but someone tricked you...there's no anarchy in this game... that would be harassment ><

**EDIT - if you're going to "fix" BS, at least scrap the old one, and do it right. I'm sick of actually SEEING the stupid bandaids.
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Aug 22nd, 2011 at 07:33:44.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819