Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BS changes

Well, it was your choice to follow someone somewhere where they had a significant advantage. My main toons are MA and keeper, and of course I learned the hard way.. dont try and follow that kitey fix or agent into those corridors, his lair.. I don't blame the corridor for my mistake. lol. The worst thing by not following is to not get the kill points from him? Just let him come to you where you have the advantage so you can win.

Nerfing battlestation for everyone because some profs make better use of some areas than other profs who shine in other areas just isn't right in my honest opinion. One of the main reasons I liked bs was because of how the different environments held different strategic advantages for different profs

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Corridors gave huge advantage to very few classes that have chase/escape ability , and strangely enough everyone so far who complains about this change, has one of them listed in their singatures. For just about everybody else, especially people who are melee but arent Enfs, it was simply terrible experience

If they give everyone Enforcer runspeed and ability to escape roots, i'm all for opening the corridors again.

Otherwise if you really want to run in BS for 40 minutes , do it in Broken Shores instead of Battlestation.
    Corridors gave a possibility to escape for very few classes that have no coon, dof, blockers, tms , and strangely enough everyone so far who agrees about this change, has one of them listed in their singatures. For just about everybody else, especially people who are ranged but arent fixers, it was simply terrible experience

See what I did there? Who is the right and who is the wrong? you made no argument yet, try again.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Nerfing battlestation for everyone because some profs make better use of some areas than other profs who shine in other areas just isn't right in my honest opinion. One of the main reasons I liked bs was because of how the different environments held different strategic advantages for different profs
    Exactly, thank you.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

so far i have only done 4 BS rounds, however its been 4 cap heaven every time.. when one side gets 3 bases all you can do is hug your last base and hope that you can heal up in between fights.

wtb old BS back.

man, i am SO happy i got in years of proper BS anarchy before the carebear devs ruined it. maybe we'll see a renewal of Bor pvp thanks BS being 100% useless to people that enjoy more than standing in one place, and pressing Q.

let's just add this to the most recent "dumb crap that don't make any sense" list, along with:

*snip* - don't want derail (damn tempting tho)

next epic changes will be:
    *giving Shades a triple token board, and a third arm to use an AS wep.
    *agents will be able to run while in sneak, CS also has a 10 second stun now.
    *duels will be turn based, and you'll be surrounded by glass walls 5m apart.
    *you can no longer jump on top of anything, spacebar function removed.
    *ranged adv's and docs get a GM pet
    *Fixers and NT's pay 5m creds per use of any snare/root
    *crats can now spam fear with no lockout.
    *MR now gives 5k AR with no drawbacks. spammable. stackable!
    *you can only WALK when in combat now. (you can also crawl)
    *attacking more than 1 tower per day, per org, per faction, is considered harassment, and is a bannable offense.
    *if someone says "PLZSTOP!" when you attack then, and they are flagged, you must stop or risk being turned into a cow.
    *Bor is now 110% gas.
    *curse words will now be seen as **** ***!
    *if you charge too much for an item, the buyer gets a double refund and a free shade triple token board...and a free 220/30 shade.

makes about as much sense as these changes.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 22:13:47.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Nerfing battlestation for everyone because some profs make better use of some areas than other profs who shine in other areas just isn't right in my honest opinion. (
    I completely agree thats wouldn't be right. Except thats not what happened. They didn't nerf anything, they fixed it so everyone can be on even terms, as it should be from the start.

But of course there will be people complaining, because they now wont be able to play in a way to never, ever die.

Welcome to the world of mere mortals, boys.

I completely agree thats wouldn't be right. Except thats not what happened. They didn't nerf anything, they fixed it so everyone can be on even terms, as it should be from the start.

But of course there will be people complaining, because they now wont be able to play in a way to never, ever die.

Welcome to the world of mere mortals, boys.
    if this is the case, they should just cut out the crap and make everyone the same profession and get it over with.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    if this is the case, they should just cut out the crap and make everyone the same profession and get it over with.
    Report back after rebalancing.

I've done BS since the change and have actually had fun in there. I definitely love the fact that I can choose where to go after decontam. Spending excess time running places was a decrease to my fun factor..especially on low level toons with lower runspeed.

I can also tell the difference when I play my MP in regards to my pets getting a bit lost on some areas but unfortunately the BS changes doesn't affect crats/fixers cc-ing my pets (j/k).

Overall I personally think it is an improvement but this is coming from someone that is really doing BS for the fun of the side vs side competition.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

This new BS is great for fixers. It just needs a few adjustments to make it perfect.

As it is now, no fighting is required to win a BS. Fixers just need to run around capping all points. This can be much more effective if the fixers evac puts them in decon with no drawbacks, so that they can exit at any spot anytime.

BSes are over in just a few minutes with no fighting involved whatsoever. This can be enhanced if noone is required to leave the decon room. This way if you're not a fixer, you can just wait there till its over and collect the reward.

This is a really good step towards removing actual fighting in BS. Way to go!
    General of First Order

this is why some things should be tested 1 at a time, then in conjunction with the entire package, to determine what is good fun, and what is detrimental to your goals. not everything is bad, but when you add in other things, the good stuff becomes bad stuff. and preferably tested by PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY PLAY; and no, sorry, the test server trolls don't count, test server is not the real game. (all due respect given, but you guys live on test, lol)

I propose opening the test server up to froobs, and everyone to play for free, get this stuff tested for real!
    T O O N Z:

That's interesting because I've actually done more fighting in BS since the changes than I did before. I wonder..

Maybe people should list experiences by BS range. Perhaps there are some level ranges where this change is more effective than others?
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    This new BS is great for fixers. It just needs a few adjustments to make it perfect.

As it is now, no fighting is required to win a BS. Fixers just need to run around capping all points. This can be much more effective if the fixers evac puts them in decon with no drawbacks, so that they can exit at any spot anytime.

BSes are over in just a few minutes with no fighting involved whatsoever. This can be enhanced if noone is required to leave the decon room. This way if you're not a fixer, you can just wait there till its over and collect the reward.

This is a really good step towards removing actual fighting in BS. Way to go!
    Nope. This has been an ongoing trend for many months, new BS or not. At some times of day i just never bothered with Battlestation because there's just always 2-3 fixers chain capping round after everything.

Capping a point should root people, problem solved.

Nope. This has been an ongoing trend for many months, new BS or not. At some times of day i just never bothered with Battlestation because there's just always 2-3 fixers chain capping round after everything.
    Oh Im with ya kid. But this new BS makes it so much easier for us. I just want that evac thing in place, and BS is perfect! I mean who wants to run there with the chances of getting stopped on the way right?

Actually a better solution would be to make BS just a large circular room, with all 4 cap points in the center. Man, why didn't funcom thing of that? That would solve all problems.
    General of First Order

Just wanted to point out the reason I am laughing. People complaining about less PVP in BS since this change and blaming it on the BS changes...did anyone else maybe think it was due to 1/3 of the population being in Newland desert for the brithday raid against Nomad Rider? Can I complain that these BS changes also reduced the number of people in inferno for missions

Where are the melee or pet users defending consoles? Not hard to hit a fixer who cannot DoF.

I think all of the people with complaints need to copy their toons to Test and test the content (and provide feedback) PRIOR to things going Live.

I mean seriously, Funcom does plenty to let us know that things are coming (sometimes even announce it years before it is on a Test server) so it isn't like no one can say they didn't know it was available for Testing.

Usually when it comes to Test there are barely enough people there to test things out IMO. I went over briefly to test out the anniversary stuff because that peaked my interest. It worked great with 12 people but even then we all knew what was going to happen when it hit Live.

I did not bother to test out the new BS layout because it really wasn't that important to me one way or the other. BUT.. if battlestations (or anything being changed) is so important and/or critical to your game experience then maybe COPY A FREAKING CHAR TO TEST AND CHECK IT OUT BEFORE IT HITS LIVE.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I did not bother to test out the new BS layout because it really wasn't that important to me one way or the other. BUT.. if battlestations (or anything being changed) is so important and/or critical to your game experience then maybe COPY A FREAKING CHAR TO TEST AND CHECK IT OUT BEFORE IT HITS LIVE.
    Would it have changed anything? I mean really, would the opinion of one, ten, twelve, twenty people have changed the fundamentals of the changes they were putting into place? The most we could have done is identify bugs that may or may not have been fixed.

It's not like FC has shown an interest in actually responding to player feedback, unless it's new social items
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I didn't think it was possible for the BS to actually get worse in any way, but alas, funcom was able to swing a surprise my way finally. So sad. So very very sad.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester
    Where are the melee or pet users defending consoles? Not hard to hit a fixer who cannot DoF.
    Probably running at 1/2 the speed of said fixer, somewhere between 2 points while they hopelessly try to catch someone who has no intention of even fighting them (fixers). Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think all of the people with complaints need to copy their toons to Test and test the content (and provide feedback) PRIOR to things going Live.

I mean seriously, Funcom does plenty to let us know that things are coming (sometimes even announce it years before it is on a Test server) so it isn't like no one can say they didn't know it was available for Testing.

Usually when it comes to Test there are barely enough people there to test things out IMO. I went over briefly to test out the anniversary stuff because that peaked my interest. It worked great with 12 people but even then we all knew what was going to happen when it hit Live.

It wouldn't have changed a thing. You don't seriously expect people are honest enough to support something that removes their immortal status. Oh my god, i can die in battlestation now , something must be wrong!

I've done about a dozen of BS rounds by now, and each time i had a blast. There's so much more fun fights going on, not chasing, not kiting, no endless zoning through teleporters, but actual fighting. Its fantastic.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast