Thread: Force Fields in Battlestation

Force Fields in Battlestation

That, and little discs to teleport to out of the Decon to alleviate spawncamping. I approve.

Now can we also add a fix to what happens when zero people on one side shows up to a game? You know, the one thing people have always asked for ever since the Battlestations showed up?

For those unaware of what happens when this occurs:

1) The score is stuck at 000/000. No points show up on the scoreboard.
    2) Points are still capturable, but the score does not move.
    3) Points captured during a bugged BS stay this way even into the next game, whereby the side that was there at the beginning will have a giant lead coming in to the first wave.
    4) The side that did make it on will be stuck there forever lest they leave and trigger Deserter.

Is there any way you can provide some sort of compensation if one side fails to show up, maybe a mini-victory of sorts?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

^ this.... or at least if people log off or go into afk mode, remove them from BS queue immediately so the chances of this happening is lessened.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    ^ this.... or at least if people log off or go into afk mode, remove them from BS queue immediately so the chances of this happening is lessened.
    IEven if they can't do it immediately, I wouldn't think that making a simple status checker that runs every 5 min or so would be that hard, or and would greatly reduce this occurance.

It doesn't even have to be that complicatied, something like

Check User(Queue1)
    IF USER status="afk" OR status="offline"
    THEN User(Queue1) Force="Leave" and RECHECK User(queue1)
    ELSE Check User(Queue2)

And so on.

I honestly don't know the AO code, but it wouldn't be that much harder than what I put, and would keep the issue at a BARE minimum
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

This happens more and more in the 214 BS.!

it's annoying as hell!

this thread made me smile for two reasons:
    1)i remember all the 214 noobfarmboyz(tm) claiming 214 is the best running bs. haha.
    2)i don't think this needs nerf. the 4 cap start is a fair and justified punishment for the lazy bunch's side. muahhaa.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    this thread made me smile for two reasons:
    1)i remember all the 214 noobfarmboyz(tm) claiming 214 is the best running bs. haha.
    2)i don't think this needs nerf. the 4 cap start is a fair and justified punishment for the lazy bunch's side. muahhaa.

thanks
    That's fine, but I'm sick of getting hit with Deserter at the end of it. Especially on Battlestations under level 100 which run once in a blue moon.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Yup, I see this quite a lot in the 51-100 (or w/e) BS. As it is now, the side that shows up gets all the disadvantages (interrupted whatever you were doing, wasted time, and deserter nano), and chances are I won't be in the next BS anyway, so the pre-capping doesn't affect me in any way.

Preferred solution: after 2 minutes with only one side, you're booted from the BS with the daily mish updated
    Hlep gnak!