Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Rebalance inc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Actually, I agree. The faster SoZ and SS leave the scene, the better.
    Indeed. That band-aid is ready to be replaced with a fresh one.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    I'm guessing he meant nothing about swaps. I figured he meant access to perklines of 2 different types of weapons, such as 1he/1hb. My point was that it's far from just that access that makes Enforcers ridiculous.
    Well aware of how broken AAO is currently.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Just out of curiosity; do you actually think mentioning you won't renew your subscription unless your demands are met is going to sway them? Do you think they're holding the MP rebalance back for a special occasion but this might just convince them to release it early?
    That's irrelevant to this discussion, really. My point with that is as a paying customer I have the right to make any threats I damn well please about my continuation of being a paying customer to a company who's product isn't living up to my expectations. Everyone does and it's the same with all businesses.

The point of this thread is to get the community asking questions and debating when (if) the rebalance is going to happen. Not just for MP's, but that is just MY focus, on my profession.

On a side note: I didn't realize they added an entire forum for this topic, wow I've missed a lot.
    Last edited by Armadyll1; Jun 27th, 2011 at 19:19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyll1 View Post
    That's irrelevant to this discussion, really. My point with that is as a paying customer I have the right to make any threats I damn well please about my continuation of being a paying customer to a company who's product isn't living up to my expectations. Everyone does and it's the same with all businesses.
    I didn't say you don't have the right to make these type of threats. I asked if you really think this is in any way effective.

You do realize most people interpret this thread as 'just another whine thread by a kid with entitlement issues', right?

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyll1 View Post
    The point of this thread is to get the community asking questions and debating when (if) the rebalance is going to happen.
    Really? It didn't come across that way if that was your intention. In addition, any debate regarding if re-balancing is coming would be rather stupid. Do you think it's common practice for gaming companies to throw away money on game adaptations with no intention to implement them?
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 27th, 2011 at 20:05:20.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Actually, I agree. The faster SoZ and SS leave the scene, the better.
    This very well could be the first thing we agree on. It's the Zset that has made MP's as bad as they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Well aware of how broken AAO is currently.
    Keep going. It's not just AAO, either.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Jun 27th, 2011 at 20:25:13.

Do you think it's common practice for gaming companies to throw away money on game adaptations with no intention to implement them?
    For what is worth, we have absolutely no clue if they are actually spending money on this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    For what is worth, we have absolutely no clue if they are actually spending money on this at all.
    We can say that it will be a waste of their time if everyone's gone before they have any of the rebalance go live. I can't begin to imagine how bad RK2 is if RK1 is recognized as having the largest population. During US Primetime there are usually less than 10 people on LFT.

I question their exigency, not their intention to implement the changes. People may fear that doing a rush job will leave us worse off and everyone will quit, but if they don't get it together pretty soon it will have the same end result
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Jun 27th, 2011 at 20:50:40.

It isn't worth much because FC devs aren't working for free.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 27th, 2011 at 20:59:03.

They should hand out a breed change for people to play with before balance, then another one then

Not that it helps mp's any
    Still here

MPs are dommed. FACT
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

It isn't worth much because FC devs aren't working for free.
    Who said they were?

The re-balancing will happen and it should happen all at once. If they roll it out to one profession at a time like the last time they tried tweaking things. We will get the profession-of-the-month syndrome where everyone sees the new shinnies of the profession; half of them roll the profession and the other half whine about how OP they are now and demand tweaks to the new changes before seeing how they affect the new rebalanced professions.

In my opinion, when the roll out happens it should go all at once. Spend a month or two working out actual bugs (not working as intended) then give people a chance to alter their toons, develop new strategies and get a real feel for things (instead of just comparing to "how it used to be") before we can give real constructive criticism. The changes should affect play-style, weapon choice, and in some cases armor/symbiant setups. I'm pretty sure this was discussed at the anniversary but they plied me with copious amounts of XXX-plumbo and oh I forget.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    MPs are dommed. FACT
    I can't help but notice you keep spelling doomed as dommed1!!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l2notbefromsouthamerica(brazil?)

Also bump for op'd enfs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    In my opinion, when the roll out happens it should go all at once. Spend a month or two working out actual bugs (not working as intended) then give people a chance to alter their toons, develop new strategies and get a real feel for things (instead of just comparing to "how it used to be") before we can give real constructive criticism. The changes should affect play-style, weapon choice, and in some cases armor/symbiant setups. I'm pretty sure this was discussed at the anniversary but they plied me with copious amounts of XXX-plumbo and oh I forget.
    That is the plan I think, well it should be the plan to roll everything out at once. I just hope they have enough alcohol for the **** storm that is gonna hit the fan when everything is changed.

One thing I do hope is for them to roll it out on test before they patch it in. That way we can get a general idea on how to spec/gear on. Also allowing unlimited Full IPRs and make full perk resets cost nothing during then on testlive for people to find their sweet spot. Then gather feedback during the test, then when live rolls out, spend a couple of months of keeping track of everything, as we all know that no matter how much you test on a test server, someone is gonna find a bug or exploit that needs to be addressed immediately.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Who said they were?
    Anyone that thinks FC isn't spending money on it.

The Rebalance had better come in one patch or it'll be like switching which side of the road people drive on only everything over a tonne switches next week and everything under switches the week after that...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I can't help but notice you keep spelling doomed as dommed1!!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l2notbefromsouthamerica(brazil?)

Also bump for op'd enfs.
    Pff ;o Dommed is moah fun! rawr (u blaming mah engrish?)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Anyone that thinks FC isn't spending money on it.
    On what?

Whatever the it was you referred to in your post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast