Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New way to travel

New way to travel

How bout we make it really easy for people to travel by giving almost every prof a meep nano?
    What? They already did that? okay, well...

How bout we let everyone fly like MP's, free of charge!
    Oh. Well...

How bout we implement a system where all you have to do is tap a spot on a map and you are instantly teleported to that precise location, free of charge!

In fact, why not just make the game so easy, an unborn fetus can go anywhere and do anything with almost no challenge at all!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2011 at 21:48:00. Reason: removed obscenity
    creds pls

Oh yes, cause letting people fly is just a total degradation of the gameplay.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

So you are saying all the flight based gameplay has been ruined because of jet packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    How bout we let everyone fly like MP's, free of charge!
    um... you're a couple years late

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Fly LIKE MPs.

I think that FC is ridding AO of challenge. Before all the easy-mode travel, it used to be dangerous (and lengthy) for low levels to traverse certain areas of the map. Now anyone can get anywhere, and there's no challenge. FC is making AO easier (easier as in less dangerous, and easier as in less complicated) and I'm not a happy panda.

The changes to BS, being able to teleport anywhere from decon, are the same way. There's no challenge now. *BAM* all my team are in core right at the start of the round, and we have already established a foothold. We've won. There's no more mad dashing to the core with only the fastest surviving.

FC is failing monumentally in my holobook.
    creds pls

So tell them with your wallet if you hate it so much.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    Fly LIKE MPs.
    And besides the visual aspect how is flying like MPs different then flying like a yalm owner?
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    And besides the visual aspect how is flying like MPs different then flying like a yalm owner?
    The slap in MPs faces. But who cares? ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

MPs don't use a jetpack to fly, therefore using a jetpack is not flying like an MP.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    MPs don't use a jetpack to fly, therefore using a jetpack is not flying like an MP.
    The stance is the same. It's confusing. People will get harassed by multiple "ci/cm plx" requests. For the love of god(s), think of teh people... Oh, wait...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    The slap in MPs faces. But who cares? ^^
    I hardly see it as a slap in the face. Because the animation is the same it's an encouragement into the special aspects of MPs? I thought MPs were special because of their pets and nano skill buffing rather then a single animation.

If flight was a unique game mechanic to MPs then I could see the source of indignation at it being given to others - as is flight is not unique to MPs and never has been. Simply because the animation is reused from QW rather then some new animation (or none as in the case of yalms) doesn't mean it's a slap in MPs faces.

It's the same reason I don't care that everyone can now have "Agent's Cloak" from Nomads. The cloak visual effect doesn't make my Agent any less an Agent, or others any more of an Agent - it's just a look. The mechanics behind what I have (ie the conceal from ruse rather then the size) is what I care about.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

I hardly see it as a slap in the face. Because the animation is the same it's an encouragement into the special aspects of MPs? I thought MPs were special because of their pets and nano skill buffing rather then a single animation.

If flight was a unique game mechanic to MPs then I could see the source of indignation at it being given to others - as is flight is not unique to MPs and never has been. Simply because the animation is reused from QW rather then some new animation (or none as in the case of yalms) doesn't mean it's a slap in MPs faces.

It's the same reason I don't care that everyone can now have "Agent's Cloak" from Nomads. The cloak visual effect doesn't make my Agent any less an Agent, or others any more of an Agent - it's just a look. The mechanics behind what I have (ie the conceal from ruse rather then the size) is what I care about.
    You are wrong. QW was (one of the) MP's main signature. I remember how freaking awesome I felt when I casted it for the first time.

How is my opinion wrong?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

How is my opinion wrong?
    Because QW (for MPs at least) is more then just a flight stance.

Not in my opinion - which is what I stated.

Disagree with me, fine. But that doesn't make my opinion wrong
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Half of my MPs don't even have QW loaded, I could care less.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I felt sad for MPs losing one of the little things that made them a little unique when i saw the jetpack came out, even though I think the packs are cool.

It's sort of like if a birthday item made anyone as small as an agent, or as tall as an enforcer. Not a huge issue really but just one more way of making AO more same-y.

It's not just that it looks like QW - it's far superior to QW, in every way:

nearly instacast (vs 12/3)
    infinite duration (vs 30 minutes)
    no NCU or nano cost (vs 32)
    doesn't cancel when you zone indoors or leave the grid
    etc etc

There is absolutely no reason to use QW ever again. To make up for this, I suggest they allow QW in SL

Quote Originally Posted by szuzu View Post
    I suggest they allow QW in SL
    Bump!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Things to note when you think about mp's flying:

1. Advies been doing it since launch.
    2. Mp's have never been too special.
    3. Yalms (thank you to who posted the link)
    4. Birds did it way before humans.
    5. Johnson and Johnson baby. No more tears.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast