Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New way to travel

Smile Got a Jet Pack for my MP!

I just hope when I do QW on my MP that Im going to be allowed to wear the bat or angels wings. It would be very sad indeed to see a message that says, "Due to pure MP play you are not allowed to wear social back items while using QW!".

As well, I cant wait to say,"Do I look like Im wearing a Jet Pack?" to some noob. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Things to note when you think about mp's flying
    Well, i don't think it's the fact that people are flying that's troublesome. It's that they are doing it with Metaphysicist style.

Well, at least MPs are still the only visual prof that can fly around in leet form..
    Hlep gnak!

not true. agents can do that too

(actually agents can fly around like a tiny slayerdroid if they so wish)
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Jun 29th, 2011 at 11:35:25.

Quote Originally Posted by szuzu View Post
    It's not just that it looks like QW - it's far superior to QW, in every way:

nearly instacast (vs 12/3)
    infinite duration (vs 30 minutes)
    no NCU or nano cost (vs 32)
    doesn't cancel when you zone indoors or leave the grid
    etc etc

There is absolutely no reason to use QW ever again. To make up for this, I suggest they allow QW in SL
    OK, lets be honest and say that QW still has one advantage. It can be casted while in combat.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Maybe, if you are on full agg and are wasting yet another 50 ncu on those crummy -interrupt buffs

Another thing - I put the jetpack on my level 10 shop toon. QW is a ql 103 nano.

( This MP whine thing is almost too easy )

Here's the difference:

Advy flight: castable perhaps 130ish or so.
    MP flight: castable perhaps 80ish or so.
    Yalm flight: 81 VA, but 3-5 million credits, 7 Vet Points (now slashed to 1 Vet Point) or 250 Paid Points.
    Jetpack flight: 81 VA. That's it. No profession or even credit requirements.

That's the main trigger of ire with this Jetpack - the fact that it's completely free of charge and requires a scant amount of skill to completely bypass ground dangers on RK, when one of the best parts about travelling on RK was the flora and fauna, and the dangers thereof of stepping too close.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Here's the difference:

Advy flight: castable perhaps 130ish or so.
    MP flight: castable perhaps 80ish or so.
    Yalm flight: 81 VA, but 3-5 million credits, 7 Vet Points (now slashed to 1 Vet Point) or 250 Paid Points.
    Jetpack flight: 81 VA. That's it. No profession or even credit requirements.

That's the main trigger of ire with this Jetpack - the fact that it's completely free of charge and requires a scant amount of skill to completely bypass ground dangers on RK, when one of the best parts about travelling on RK was the flora and fauna, and the dangers thereof of stepping too close.
    THIS.

1. MP flight animation is no longer unique, and as Klod put it, it was a signature for us. It's one thing that made MP's mystical and in fact, QW was the sole reason I made an MP so long ago, and now I love her as my main.

2. Now anyone can fly for virtually free. If they had made the jetpack a valued item, I would not be near as angry. But the fact that a level 10 shop toon can just slap it on and any froobnoob can automatically traverse any part of the map, wtf man.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love the idea of a jetpack, as I am a futurist in thought and this is a futurist world... And the idea of a jetpack is just balls. But they just went about it all wrong. I'm vehemently distressed at their idea of effective content release.

And BS still sucks.
    creds pls

And here I thought the signature of an MP was it's 3 pets with different roles and their uber looking tier armor! :S

But as is the MP way, they'll dig deep to find any way they can to complain.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

to be fair i'll be livid when they add ga social wearable by all profs

It's illogical to link the fact that everyone can fly for free with the fact that the jetpack uses MP flight 'Animation' (BTW, calling that animation is REALLY stretching the truth.) then claiming the animation should be changed because of the fact that everyone can fly. Two completely separate issues here.

If you are bumhurt because it uses the same animation, that's fine, but don't claim it needs to be fixed because it makes it too easy for everyone to fly around. Where were you when they introduced vehicles ... of ANY kind? it wasn't too easy to fly around then, but it is now, because it's using MP animation? Nonsense.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 29th, 2011 at 18:54:32.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I actually think it is fantastic and appropriate that a really awesome item has been made available to everyone as part of the anniversary. It's just so easy to cry about the plight of the MP that I can't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    bumhurt
    Please be respectful; grown-ups are talking here.

If bumhurt is disrespect, then I suggest that perhaps you're just overly sensitive, especially since that wasn't directed at you. The whole idea that the jetpack for flying 'cheapens' what it means to be an MP because it uses the same animation is a rather ridiculous notion in the first place.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 29th, 2011 at 20:25:18.

The whole idea that the jetpack for flying 'cheapens' what it means to be an MP because it uses the same animation is a rather ridiculous notion in the first place.
    Why so?

Because there isn't anything that says the 'animation' of standing still while floating in the air is unique to MP's .. other than the MP players that think that saying it makes it so. That authority there is meaningless, so the idea it's unique to MP's and should stay that way is nonsensical.

I mean, if the jetpack was a CASTABLE item, I would see the problem here ... it would just be QW with a different name. The way jetpacks are implemented, It's not the same thing as QW and in no way does making shared animations over different effects remove or lessen the gameplay of any profession.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 29th, 2011 at 20:46:44.

Because there isn't anything that says the 'animation' of standing still while floating in the air is unique to MP's
    My NT feels cheated by everyone having the same animation to cast their nanos as me
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Because there isn't anything that says the 'animation' of standing still while floating in the air is unique to MP's ..
    I don't know. I'd say 8+ years of that specific and unique animated stance only belonging to MP's would convey a certain ownership to that particular class and those who play it.

Because there isn't anything that says the 'animation' of standing still while floating in the air is unique to MP's .. other than the MP players that think that saying it makes it so.
    Actually, there was a line in the old game manual that said so. But ok, not that I care THAT much. They can give out CM dispensers next, for all I care.

P.S.
    Global Agenda has more sexy jetpacks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Actually, there was a line in the old game manual that said so. But ok, not that I care THAT much. They can give out CM dispensers next, for all I care.

P.S.
    Global Agenda has more sexy jetpacks anyways.
    Was also a line in the old manual that said you could jump between servers with no problem.

Now if they made a cast-able jetpack vehicle... now that would be more related and wrong.

Bump for giving jet pack a nano effect of flames shooting out the back!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopydoo View Post

Bump for giving jet pack a nano effect of flames shooting out the back!
    Am I the only one who always wondered if the Rocketeer wore asbestos pants and underwear to keep from burning his ass off with the jetpack?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast