Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bad Nomad, for how long?!

Some would say that placing nomads in tower sites was an intentional decision by FC to encourage PVP Heaven forbid a rude player kills someone in PVP gas!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Some would say that placing nomads in tower sites was an intentional decision by FC to encourage PVP Heaven forbid a rude player kills someone in PVP gas!
    Yes, can't have that.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

This is dumb, the GUPHs and Nomads are/were around for a week or more.
    If you cant seriously find like, 2 hours in a week to get them... sheesh.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    I think finding a 300 pad would take longer than 2 hours
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Yeah, farming the 300 pads (and other usable parts of the armor) for one or two toons won't take that long.

Personally i used a lot of time (~1h almost every day for a couple of weeks) farming nomads, and i got 300 pads for 4 toons and some lower ql pads for lower level alts. That still leaves over half of my toons (two full accounts, lowest toon totw twink, second lowest s10 twink(s), rest mostly tl7) without pads or any other nomad stuff.

The nomads fit very well in AO's desert zones. The normal nomads should wander around RK all year long. Just leave the stupid raid stuff which was a big fail anyway, out from it. The nomad armor is really nice stuff for low level leveling toons, and the pads are pretty much a requirement for making a serious tl 4/5 twink.

Of course if the nomads make their way back to the game, the anniversary social stuff needs to be removed from the drop tables.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

It's been about a month since I made my 150 MA. Not having the nomad pads just rules out so many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by catdog View Post
    It's been about a month since I made my 150 MA. Not having the nomad pads just rules out so many possibilities.
    And in 2 weeks time, u will have those possibilities.. Just thank FC for them celebrating halloween longer than any other known culture/community etc
    Last edited by Kuyt; Oct 6th, 2011 at 14:44:53.
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    And in 2 weeks time, u will have those possibilities.. Just thank FC for them celebrating halloween longer than any other known culture/community etc
    Yeah ofc I have time! I mean I only got midterm exams to deal with, but that's not important right...
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yeah ofc I have time! I mean I only got midterm exams to deal with, but that's not important right...
    Midterms exams? Doesn't sound important in my experience
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Midterms exams? Doesn't sound important in my experience
    Sadly they are
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Now that I've made you aware that AO > midterm exams I'll remind you of another rule:

Beer > Midterm exams

Especially if they're university exams.

Now that I've made you aware that AO > midterm exams I'll remind you of another rule:

Beer > Midterm exams

Especially if they're university exams.
    They are University exams, and they count for 1/3 of the final grade, not doing good at midterms is like shooting yourself in the leg.

Conversely bad results in midterms = more motivation to study for finals!!

bump for nomads to colonized on RK!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Bring Back Nomaaaaads!
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

While i agree that the nomads where all knds of awesome and that the pads (and some other parts of the armour) where extremely usefull, leaving them in game on a permanent basis simply means that for special events and celebrations, the dev team have to produce somethign even more desirable to replace them....

These "more desirable items" that will then be used for special events and celebrations will then become the focus of "we must have these all year round debates" just as the nomad pads are now.

Personaly, i see them as "event mobs", this is not to say that we should restrict them to a once every 10 years appearance.
    we have an "Events" department of ARK dont we?

Given the nature of "nomadic tribes" wandering the wastes of RK by thier very nae they *could* settle pretty much anywhere, just for a day and then "move on" to pastures new.

What i would propose is to give the ark events team a scripted, 24 hour spawning camp set up, that perhpas, once a week, and without any warning they can randomly place somewhere in RK.

A nice little suprise you might accidently run across while farming dynas or while on your way to something else.
    some weeks they may not be found at all, otherweeks you ight find someone yelling thier location on the streets of bor 10 mins after they spawn.
    Thus they retain thier "Event status" but with the possibility of being a little more regular.
    Them if you find that you simply cant live without certain parts of the armour, gor what ever reason, you will spend a fair amount of time wandering the wastes int he hopes that you might run across them.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456