Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of Events Storylines

State of Events Storylines

Ok so heres the situation,

The events team currently has 2 active storylines (3 if you count the one on a long hiatus (they'll be back eventually and in a big way but not for a while any work on this will be to spread information to others)

Namely the smuggler story and the omni-tek underground.

These however where set up by 2 events arks that left a long time ago, the plan was that we'd continue them and maybe merge the underground onto the end of the smuggler storyline, they may not have gone as they where initially intended but we'd hoped to get em done.

However we are now drawing to the end of the Smuggler storyline which has probably 1 or 2 events left in it (for dim1) though it has been rather absent from Dim2 due to a lack of omni-tek players to roll with it.

With this its really dawned on us that we cannot realistically continue with the initial plan, we don't have the resources or the information to run them in a way that would do them justice.

So we've decided before moving on with anything to ask you lot what you'd prefer from this.

Knowing that the smuggler storyline will finish how we planned at the time of the pass over (maybe one or two changes) on at least one dim (the other dim will at least be able to work with the articles we aim to put put but again if you can think of something we may have missed to get it out for you we'll listen) this is mostly about the underground which I know at least a few got involved with at first.

I don't really want to just drop it completely but I really don't think we can continue it in a satisfactory manner, we don't want a repeat of previous storylines that where just shut down in a poor fashion and left lots of players a bit disappointed so we want to hear what you lot feel we should do and what you'd be happy with.

Of course once these two are out the way the plan is our next focus will be on a previous plan that involves something more mainstorylineish, at least thats the plan I make no promises it will work out like that but I'll try my darndest to get something rolling. (I have a lot of ducttape and kintaii's address)

I also have whips and chains..and.. oh well never mind.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Due to my absence, and near next to no experience with these two plotlines, I can't really offer you anything from my end.

I will however, tap some shoulders so they see this thread.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I too have little experience with the smugglers and know nothing at all about the underground. I am just glad to hear that things maybe be moving again.

I do agree that you really can't just drop stories that you've started. See them through, even if abbreviated and not the resolution you had originally planned.

I have one suggestion though. Once you conclude the open stories, maybe have a player meeting before starting new ones. I think it would be a good opportunity for both Events and the players to see the community that still remains, and maybe get a few new people involved too.

At the very least I'd like to see an IRRK article or some sort of overt closure to the storylines. Even if it's a simple OT news blip about the smugglers and underground being rounded up and tossed in the clink.

It's anticlimactic, but at least it lets everyone know it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I have one suggestion though. Once you conclude the open stories, maybe have a player meeting before starting new ones. I think it would be a good opportunity for both Events and the players to see the community that still remains, and maybe get a few new people involved too.
    I really like this. If you have an idea of who all is willing to play along with ark storylines, know what faction, sub faction, or department they are in you can branch off something from there. This will also help establish contacts and enemies among the player base. That alone will keep us busy for a long time.
    Point Blank

It could end with a trail or something like that.
    With jugde, lawyers and so on. Could be fun to see how the Omni justice system works
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jul 5th, 2011 at 13:07:48.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I thought the Omni-Tek Justice system was to drag the person behind a shed and beat then with a rubber hose ... I'm starting to think i was mistreated.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Depends on the crime. Sometimes a frozen trout is used.
    Point Blank

That's just clan propaganda.
    The accused is clearly guilty. Omni-tek never make mistakes or use time on things that is not true.
    But the processes in the court to prove the guilt, and the coward of an accused trying to deny facts would be interesting to see
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    That's just clan propaganda.
    The accused is clearly guilty. Omni-tek never make mistakes or use time on things that is not true.
    But the processes in the court to prove the guilt, and the coward of an accused trying to deny facts would be interesting to see
    I do hope you are joking.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Just trying to earn my employee of the month medal
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

You say you need more Omnis for this?

As novice of an RPer I am, I'm fully willing to provide any of my toons for use in Events storylines. Any of the ones in my signature, plus my shade Rafayel, I will provide to help further along anything involving the Events team.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Just trying to earn my employee of the month medal
    on an ooc board? :P
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

That's dedication!!!
    Point Blank

Pheats, I feel that communicating to us like this will contribute to a better relationship between your team and those who participate. I understand that what you have described will have an effect on the original planned story-arc .. however we did not know your goals. Therefore, as long as the ending gives the feeling of being realistic, I would personally be happy with that. I wish for future OOC information like this - and agree positively with the comment that Collodion made regarding "feedback" sessions after events.

The issue with doing this sort of thing at the start of a storyline is it can completely ruin any surprises we may have in store, but I dare say we'll probably have more little bits like this to help get things running better.

A feedback session is a bit less spoilerful and may be possible however.

You will also find this path an invaluable tool to understanding your players. In the beginning it used to frustrate me to no end, the conversation vacuum between us and Events.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    You will also find this path an invaluable tool to understanding your players. In the beginning it used to frustrate me to no end, the conversation vacuum between us and Events.
    Been saying this for years. Good luck getting RP back in AO, you're going to need it.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A solid closure would certainly be nice, so the players are not left guessing if a certain event is still running or not. As for the smugglers, as much as I loved the crew, I think an arrest and trial by Omni-Pol would be a good move. At least on RK1, it would change the incompetent image of Pol a bit after numerous failed hunts and arrests *cough* Turms *cough*, while at the same time giving a definite end of the event.

As for the meeting thing. Even if it doesn't directly address new story concepts and the like, I would love such a meeting. Considering the last one with Kintaii in IRC was pretty much gatecrashed by a ton of people I'm yet to see RP but just liked the idea of interaction with ARK/Kintaii. 5 minutes of the chat afterwards was more constructive than the whole meeting.

You got lucky then. I've been to several meetings (over the course of 3 years) where we talked at Devdas for roughly 2-3 hours each time and then we when we left the meeting thinking something (anything!!) had been accomplished, nothing had changed. Our words just sort of rolled off, and things got even quieter.

So we stuck to roleplaying with Joe and Tinker, who were the all stars that actually did play with us from time to time.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast