Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of Events Storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    change the incompetent image of Pol
    <<insert silly referance to chitchat telling the truth here >>
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Ok so we have some plans for how to end the current storylines so we'll be running the events soon

Due to the way the story has gone so far the end of the smuggler story will be sort of split with the dimensions:

The next events for it will be:

Saturday 23rd at 20:00 GMT for Dim 1; primarily for the omni-tek forces that have been tracking these people.

A contact will be at the parking bay in omni-ent

Sunday 24th at 21:00 gmt for Dim 2; primarily for the non omni-tek players that have been in regular contact with the LTC smugglers Elzevire, Wingger and Earthhwire

The smugglers will be the contact.

Thats not to say others will be unable to take part in these events but they are primarily designed towards those stated.

If you have any questions/comments about these events please feel free to mail us at events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

If i'm free'd from my new crashloop by then i can make it

Apparently crashloops like me every time i come close to ding D:
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

20 GMT + omni-ent = i'm out XD (midnight here anyway then)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

On behalf of the folks on RK2 that participated... way fun! Our rag-tag bunch had a great time causing a ruckus.

Many thanks!

~Fali
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Ok with the smuggler storyline finishing were about to work on finishing the Underground storyline as well, this will be done rather quickly but hopefully in a way that will allow you players to carry on some good old fashion RP because of it.

I do however wish to request the help of 2 players (1 per dimension) to aid with this, ideally wanting clan characters though we will accept neutrals as well. You need to be happy with your character being "interfered" with.

If you feel up to taking part please send an email to events.feedback@gmail.com with a bit of backstory about your character.

Can I make a small suggestion about these?

The difficulty in communicating what will happen is one thing; but equally problematic for me is finding out what did happen. I seem to find it difficult to be at the right place at the right time and it'd be great if there were more articles after events, or even just an OOC summary if an article isn't appropriate. That'd let people know what they missed and maybe get more people looking out for the next event.

So...

What actually happened with the smuggler story ? I was busy last weekend and was hoping to read about it later.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

the smuggler storyline isn't QUITE over yet, there a tiny bit of stuff to come yet still, everything should be at least attempted to be cleared up and shown

In fact I've spent the morning sorting some of the stuff you'd be after out hopefully will be going up later today.
    Last edited by Pheats; Jul 30th, 2011 at 13:32:21.

That's good to hear. Captain Brode still owes Bubba money.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    That's good to hear. Captain Brode still owes Bubba money.
    Theres not THAT much left sorry... you probably wont be seeing your cash or goods anytime soon, blame omni-tek

its definitely interesting to hear from you guys on events I have been gone for 4 years so I am kind of out of the loop with the storyline but been trying to catch up to it definitely want to get involved though thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    Can I make a small suggestion about these?

The difficulty in communicating what will happen is one thing; but equally problematic for me is finding out what did happen. I seem to find it difficult to be at the right place at the right time and it'd be great if there were more articles after events, or even just an OOC summary if an article isn't appropriate. That'd let people know what they missed and maybe get more people looking out for the next event.

So...

What actually happened with the smuggler story ? I was busy last weekend and was hoping to read about it later.
    I have a log if you'd like it from RK2 - just PM me an email address and I'll fire it over.

-Fali
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

So far got people interested dim2 wise just need some clan/neutrals from dim1 to put themselves forward!

Those that have mailed in already you'll receive a response once we have some dim 1 entrys so we can work out what we have to play with (may use more than 1 person per dim should dim1 supply as many as dim2 has)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    Theres not THAT much left sorry... you probably wont be seeing your cash or goods anytime soon, blame omni-tek
    I have been told this as well, in game. That's a shame tho. The delivery I had them take on for me, was something I was doing in game to help launch a new project involving expanding the alcoholic beverage market on Rubi-ka.

But I suppose the Twin Suns Brewing Company(tm) will have to wait for another time.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I dunno, you may still be able to make the best of it, there's plenty of money grubb.... entrepreneurs still around that might be able to make up for it.

Also in regards to the underground storyline, we now have people willing to participate in its last 2 events, thanks to those that have applied mails will be sent out shortly giving you a bit of information.

Bear in mind that these people wont be the only ones involved, their just the ones we'll need to chat with before hand, everyone else should look out and try to figure out things as they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    it would change the incompetent image of Pol.
    You just need a Cora Geers! She's everyones favourite Officer and nobody F****s with her

-looks shifty-
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

i'm willing to help RK1-wise, 220 clan fixer (although i'm sure i need no introduction )

edit: didn't read that last post of Pheats well XD never mind thus (feel free to use me as backup if needed though)

I'm really disappointed to see things hit a point like this. I remember when events would have half a dozen concurrent stories that *I* knew about! I'm beginning to wonder if a new approach might be needed. It's all fine and well targeting a story on a specific community, but that is going to limit the player base available to you (Omni, clan, etc.) - I'm wondering if a more open ended approach might be needed?

Also, y'know, more active RPers in the community. That'd help.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Tryqz View Post
    I'm really disappointed to see things hit a point like this. I remember when events would have half a dozen concurrent stories that *I* knew about! I'm beginning to wonder if a new approach might be needed. It's all fine and well targeting a story on a specific community, but that is going to limit the player base available to you (Omni, clan, etc.) - I'm wondering if a more open ended approach might be needed?

Also, y'know, more active RPers in the community. That'd help.
    Unfortunately that was back when we had a large team, if we were to try that these days we'd have to have 2-3 storylines a person.

But even then back at those days the storylines weren't that great, either there was not much participation all sides or they just petered out due to ark disinterest or they left (which is same thing that's really happened here)

We are going to try and run just one or two high quality storylines instead in future.

On which point I'd point out the smugglers last event will be happening on friday on dim1 (dim2 they already scarped) so be sure to try and look into it, you might get yourselves a few deals at it as well.

I have an Idea. How about roughing out a storyline where an NPC is kidnapped and hidden? There are enuff empty buildings/caves/secret spots on RK that u could stick one somewhere. A named NPC, a mid to high lvl Omni Exec. Kidnapped by, oh, the Dust Brigade. Omnis will look for it for advancement, Clanners will to thumb their noses at OT, and Nuets cause....well, who knows why Nuets do anything, but u get the idea. Rp'ers can organise among themselves to search for the toon. This can be a text story as well. Telling of how the kidnapping occurred, and random, "Well, Im still stuck in this room" posts from the NPC. And when I mean hidden, I mean HIDDEN. Just no lvl locked dungeons.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast