Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 8th, 2011 - IDs Please

Funcom employee Friday with Means - July 8th, 2011 - IDs Please

*A German translation of this will be unavailable until next week as I was very late getting this to Waldgeist.*

Changing the Mission and Corpse ID systems on the Live dimensions seems to have gone well and we seem to be out of the woods on this issue at least for the foreseeable future. Running out of IDs in a non-recycling system brings things to a halt in a great big hurry. The update initially contained character-id recycling code that was not even remotely adequately tested...my fault not Macrosun's as I was orchestrating the testing process with the QA department. The update initially had a few problems...that were quickly pointed out by members of the community directly to the development staff. Because we got this information quickly from you guys we were able to determine what the problem was quickly and get a new version out to the live servers. Making a new ID system is easy..getting it to work with one that has already been running for 10 years is not. 4.4 Billion IDs is a large amount of information to move around.

Alien city attacks were completely broken due to the fact that the City controllers track the individual, non-reusable ID of individual aliens to determine whether the Hacker is dead or not. Players would kill the Hacker associated with a wave..and somewhere off in the distance a Leet would spawn..and be given the same ID as the Hacker previously had. When the city controller would run its periodic check on the Alien status in the city it would quite wrongly assume the new Leet was the Hacker and refuse to send out new aliens.

Mission and Corpse ID's were the ones that were running out inside the month...we'll have another shot at the CharacterIDs later as we have more than a year to get that one done. Thank you Macrosun for getting rid of another super-old-not-your-fault and seemingly impossible issue...you had me worried for awhile there!

Thank you again for your patience and support in tracking down that nasty issue.

See you on Live!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first

edit: wtf first time ever for me time to read the post now ^^
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Can someone with Funcom please tell us when is the earliest that the tenth anniversary content will be officially removed?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Can someone with Funcom please tell us when is the earliest that the tenth anniversary content will be officially removed?
    Monday July 18th.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Gotta love Macrosun! All Hail Macrosun !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Even though i do apreciate to hear what the dev team has been struggeling with lately and all them bumps they had i belive that us the players would like a small update on how the nano documentation is going, and progress overall, thanks
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Friday with Beer! Hooray!
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

rawr date when nanodocs v2 release? :3

P.s.: Poor Macrosun. I always feel like he haz a zomg pwnage job ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

first page ever :P

Let's just roll over and die
    ಠ_ಠ

It really was the Leets fault!!!!

can haz nanodocs?
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Did Gaute join the AO team again? Maybe doing freelance work? Because I swear the "new" and "improved" BattleStation has Gaute's fingerprint all over it, it's like a mini AoC.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I rather enjoyed the heckler of celebration rampages
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Friday with Means - July 8th, 2011 - Stuff you Already Knew

Here's some unnecessarily deteailed information that you didn't really care about, and no mention of the stuff you do.

Enjoy!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

< The One Who was not Fast Enough

OMG I got on the first page yay
    Last edited by Regidoc; Jul 8th, 2011 at 20:29:06.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast