Thread: Project Timeline v2.0 (Rebuilding Rubikan History)

Project Timeline v2.0 (Rebuilding Rubikan History)

Alright, I think most of us (I hope) are in agreement that an updated and revised timeline is needed. We need to settle the past before we move forward, so here is the idea for this project.

1. We need to take one year at a time, starting with events from 29475 (2001). I'm hesitant to touch anything before the year when the game was launched.

2. Include the official historical events (FC/ARK Events) and storylines which took place and maybe even do some creative writing to make anything that may seem too vague... a bit more solid. This will be the "big picture", including reasonable (and probably more logical) explanations for each expansion.

3. Once the larger view of he timeline is done or a year, then include player-run or player-driven events/storylines from both Atlantean and Rimor (not sure if there were German events included in the current timeline). We must be sure to represent them as accurate as we can (this may be a bit difficult due to a forums reset many years ago).

4. Both official and player events must have some sort of marking or legend so when/if Kintaii approves it and puts it out Officially as "The Storyline" people will be able to differentiate between both (also it would show that FC recognizes and acknowledges player events/storylines).

5. Pray egos don't **** this up.

If anyone can come up with a way to improve the concept of the project, I'm all for it and anyone is more than welcome to share their thought, comments, ideas, etc.

So guys, what do you say?
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jul 17th, 2011 at 19:28:01.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

This sounds like a good idea. But where will we place the finished product?
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. But where will we place the finished product?
    We'd have to discuss that with Kintaii, but I would think we as a whole may prefer that it was located in a public place. Here are a few possibilities.

1. The Official Website.

2. It's own domain (hosted by FC).

3. A read-only forum (in the Official AO Forums) where each year would have it's own thread.

4. An in-game "library".
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I doubt that last option will be likely, as that would be a ginormous hunk of coding to put in. THe other three options are most likely.

2001-2012 should be altered THAT much. Considering the Apocalyptic breakdown of human civilization is, according to the AO Timeline, next year, we can safely assume that this whole thing is an alternate timeline. So there's no need to interject "real world" events into the Time Line. Just let people make assumptions as they go.

Now, a lot of years the 2012 to like 12000s (if I recall) is not going to need entres as that's essentially the neo-dark ages as humanity crawls out of the abyss.

You know, I used to have book that was the TimeLine of Human History...I wonder if I still have it...anyway if I recall, it didn't go year-by-year until about 500 or so years prior to the present date. It would take large sweeping leaps that gradullly got smaller as you approached the present. I wonder if we should do something like that?
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

2001-2012 should be altered THAT much. Considering the Apocalyptic breakdown of human civilization is, according to the AO Timeline, next year, we can safely assume that this whole thing is an alternate timeline. So there's no need to interject "real world" events into the Time Line. Just let people make assumptions as they go.
    I don't quite remember any prophecy about a 29486 apocalyptic event written or hinted anywhere. Also...

"Why is there a pink elephant in the room?"
    "It's part of the room sir, you paid for the room and it's included."
    "Yeah but.. WHY is it here?"
    "Uh... assume something?"

I think creating an full "alternative" timeline would be opening a door which may lead us in a different path.

We should remain as close to the original vision of the storyline. I know it has enough holes that if it was a ship, it would have sunk long ago. However we're not here to make a new storyline, but to rebuild what we have and plug the holes to make it something not only that actually makes sense (as much sense as a sci fi story can be, heh) but something we can be proud of as roleplayers and AO gamers. We want a deep, meaningful which could be understood by teens and adult alike.

Just like AO is a niche game for those who actually have to use their brain to twink and learn the deep learning curve... so should the storyline not be simplified to the point it looks like a freaking Carebear game with a 3 paragraph "this is the whole story" or be so complex that it takes longer to read the storyline than reading a Harry Potter book.

There are lulls in the storyline where we could describe what happens in a period of 6 months with a single paragraph but then... how exciting is that?

I love that the discussion can bring so many points of view and possible thing we could do, please continue posting.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jul 18th, 2011 at 03:48:13.

Never mind. You clarified your original post. Or I was too tired when I original read it.

I think we should start with 29474 (essentially, beta) as that the beginning of when things began to form

I think we should start with 29474 (essentially, beta) as that the beginning of when things began to form
    The storyline marks June of 29475 when we (the new colonists) arrived on RK. The time when AO was in Beta as far as the storyline goes, does not exist, because (for those who were in the final days of it) there is no mention of the crazy **** the GM's/Dev's threw at us at the end... giant mobs. Not a word of it in the storyline, so... never happened.

Not exactly.

June 28, 29475 marks the end of the restrictions on colonization resulting in the mass influx of colonists. Omni-Tek had done a "selective" colonization previously (read beta testers), and the ICC objected.

But you are, essentially, correct. The timeline skips from 29471 straight o 29475. You DO, however, get the feeling something is off, there. A missing section of the story.
    Last edited by Namiru; Jul 18th, 2011 at 07:09:14.

Not exactly.

June 28, 29475 marks the end of the restrictions on colonization resulting in the mass influx of colonists. Omni-Tek had done a "selective" colonization previously (read beta testers), and the ICC objected.

But you are, essentially, correct. The timeline skips from 29471 straight o 29475. You DO, however, get the feeling something is off, there. A missing section of the story.
    Well we could fill in the gap a bit, without going too overboard with it I think.

29475 (2001) PART 1

Jun 27
    Massive influx of colonists

Illegal restrictions on colonisation are lifted after prolonged ICC objections. Rival corporations are now allowed to transport passengers to and from Rubi-Ka. Ships in orbit immediately begin to transport new colonists to the surface. The population mushrooms overnight, causing logistical problems and chaos. The Rubi-Kan infrastructure is unprepared for the massive influx of colonists.

Oct 25
    Omni-Tek announces unconditional amnesty

On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.

The Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka (OT-RK) announced today an unconditional amnesty for all registered and unregistered members and supporters – both political and military – of the illicit rebel clans of Rubi-Ka. At the same time, OT-RK reinforces their commitment to the existing ceasefire which has been increasingly strained in the past few months.

"The amnesty will hopefully open up a new channel of communications between Omni-Tek and the clans, particularly the Council of Truth," said OT-RK CEO Philip Ross in a statement to the press this morning. "Our objective is to work towards a new era of peace and understanding between our respective people, and to bolster the provisional ceasefire that’s been in effect since the signing of the Tir Accord. The amnesty will allow those who have committed crimes in the name of the clans to come out and hand in their weapons of aggression, without having to fear reprisals or their freedom – and perhaps to even join the Omni-Tek Corporation and start a whole new life."

The amnesty will supplement the already existent ceasefire between OT-RK and the rebel clans.

"The ceasefire has been suffering lately," said Ross, "partly because of the recent influx of new colonists – both Omni-Tek employees and clan supporters – and partly because of a lack of commitment on both sides. The amount of random violence in the past few months has been staggering, and this is something we need to find an immediate solution to. The ceasefire and the amnesty are the first steps on the long road towards reconciliation. I also want to extend a formal invitation to the Council to meet and discuss the terms of a lasting peace. We would like to enter into peace negotiations as soon as possible, and it is our hope that the amnesty shows our genuine commitment to this cause."

Effective immediately, the amnesty guarantees that an unconditional pardon is granted to every individual who has committed criminal acts against OT-RK in support of the rebel cause. Under corporate laws, the very act of being a registered member of the clans – or a political and/or military supporter of the clans – is a crime punishable by imprisonment and/or deportation.

With the amnesty in effect, clan members are also free to apply for a position within the Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka.

"Our wish is for this to be the beginning of a new era of cooperation between ourselves and the free citizens of Rubi-Ka," said Philip Ross. "Our sincerest hope is that the amnesty and ceasefire will prove without the shadow of a doubt that we are committed to peace. The ball is now in the hands of the rebel clans, and, most importantly, the Council of Truth."

The Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka is a subsidiary of the Omni-Tek Corporation. Omni-Tek is headquartered on Omni Prime, a planet in the Omni system. Omni-Tek was founded on Earth in 12274, and has grown to become the largest and most profitable hyper-corporation in history.

Oct 31
    Mutations appear on Halloween

Strange pumpkin-headed creatures appear in areas surrounding Omni-1 on Halloween. With the help of brave citizens, they are quickly wiped out.

The unexplained appearance of hundreds of mutated humanoid creatures throughout the southeast can not and should not be attributed to Omni-Tek, said a spokesperson for the corporation in a statement this morning.

Yesterday, thousands of citizens of the Omni-controlled southeast, and the areas bordering on Omni-1, were caught by surprise when they were viciously attacked by mutations that had apparently been made-up to look like pumpkin-headed monsters. Halloween is traditionally a holiday associated with pumpkins, and the mutations are believed to have been set loose to coincide with the holiday. The attacks were unprovoked and occurred in OT-controlled areas.

"It’s gotta be the clans," said OT worker Alkesh Cella, who barely escaped with his life when him and his three co-workers were attacked by "a pack" of mutations at a construction site just east of Omni-1. Cella continued: "Only they is sneaky enough to play with genes and crap to make something as freakish as a monster with a big, orange vegetable head. This only confirms, like, major, that the amnesty’s a no-good idea, the ceasefire’s bogus, and we should blast the hell out of all of them, like, instant."

Mr. Cella’s opinions were echoed across the south, as OT employees and civilians felt themselves to be specifically targeted by clan terrorism. Omni-Tek has yet to make any official statement regarding the clans’ involvement in the affair, but they are expected to do so soon.

The appearances of the mutations have been accompanied by fierce local storms centred on Omni forest, although Omni-Tek strongly denies any link between the two incidents.

According to a Herald source, OT will be sending in troops to deal with the mutations, and they expect the infected areas to be cleaned out "shortly". In the meantime, citizens are advised not to enter the infected areas, or indeed to leave Omni-1, unless accompanied by armed guards.

Nov 14
    Radiman meets with unaffiliated clans

Henry Radiman convenes unaffiliated clan leaders at the Council of Truth building in Tir for a chance to voice their opinions. There is widespread scepticism of Omni-Tek's amnesty.

Three weeks ago, Omni-Tek offered an unconditional amnesty to all clan citizens. This unprecedented move took weary citizens by surprise and placed an immense amount of pressure on the Council of Truth to issue a statement. Weeks went by with little official reaction, other than the occasional public relations statement by PR Director Gelsa Samarind. Factions began to renounce Council affiliation, the most prominent being Commander Portman's Red Freedom, which defected following a peace rally mishap at Omni HQ. Following this split, other clans began to question their ties with the Council of Truth, an organization with little public representation.

This changed with yesterday’s summit, the success of which lies squarely in the corner of Henry Radiman. A veteran speaker and politician, Radiman represented the Council of Truth in a meeting with over 45 of the most prominent unaffiliated clan leaders. The eloquent Radiman addressed the leaders’ concerns about holding together the fragile alliance in the northern territories. A great deal of information was exchanged, and Mr. Radiman promised to take the concerns to the next gathering of the Council of Truth which is scheduled to take place in a few days’ time. The Council will make a decision about how to officially respond to the amnesty, and whether or not to enter into negotiations with Omni-Tek. Indeed, this meeting represents a new era of cooperation among the forces opposed to the Omni-Tek occupation of Rubi-Ka. What will come of this meeting is still unknown; the Council will probably take some time to make a decision regarding the amnesty. But it now has the opinions of the general public.

At the conclusion of the last meeting, Radiman approached the delegates and addressed a concern from Aristophanes, the leader of Clan Revolution. Aristophanes pointed out that "We are fighting for our freedoms", and stepped back to await the answer from Radiman. After a slight pause, Radiman gave his answer; "I think we already won the fight for freedom. And now we must use our freedom to forge peace." Indeed Mr. Radiman, you must forge peace. Because without it, the freedom earned by so many fallen warriors will be for nothing.

One section of the delegation awaits Radiman's speech. Attending the assembly were a wide variety of races and professions, a true representation of the diversity of the clans. In the back we see a man known only as "Joshua", reported to be a personal bodyguard of Mr. Radiman.

Agent Whitedread approaches Henry Radiman to offer his opinion on the current amnesty. Whitedread was one of the many clan leaders who expressed concerns over renegade OT employees not respecting the current ceasefire.

Delegates wait outside the newly renovated Council of Truth building for admittance. Many of them are wearing the new line of formal clothing by Miiir, and others are sporting traditional military formal dress.

Four delegates prepare for an escort to the main Council meeting chamber. Counsel Judson Wagner (on the right) from the clan Journeymen assisted Radiman in keeping track of the order in which the delegates would speak.

NO DATE
    The CoT takes a formal stand in favour of peace

The Council of Truth acknowledges the amnesty and votes to enter into official peace talks with Omni-Tek.

The Council of Truth voted in favour of commencing peace negotiations with the Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka.

No indication was given as to the number of votes cast for and against the proposition, nor is the Council expected to hold any press-conferences in the immediate future regarding their decision. It is believed that Henry Radiman may meet with Omni-Tek RK CEO Philip Ross in the immediate future, but the precise date and location of such a meeting has not been made public.

Inside sources claim that a meeting between the two leaders would have to take place in Omni-1, for security reasons, and that the middle of next week is the earliest time that Mr. Radiman and Mr. Ross are likely to meet face-to-face.

The Omni-Tek Corporation has yet to issue a response to the Council’s statement, and refused to give any indication as to when, or if, such a response would be issued.

Nov 27
    Attempt on Radiman's life

A decoy of Henry Radiman is assassinated in Omni-1. The assassin, one Joesph Aberic Capo, is identified and later captured.

An attempt was made on the life of Council of Truth leader Henry Radiman in central Omni-1. While early rumours suggested that Mr. Radiman had been assassinated, the rumours proved untrue when it was revealed that a human decoy of Mr. Radiman had been murdered in his stead. Mr. Radiman himself was immediately ferried to a safe location, and it is expected that the meeting between the two leaders will commence as planned.

While Mr. Radiman is believed to be fully insured, and his age is still well within the safety limits for successful physical restoration, the inherent dangers of insurance technology made for a tense situation, especially in light of the progressing negotiations between the Council of Truth and Omni-Tek. There were also unsubstantiated rumours that Mr. Radiman’s insurance patterns were sabotaged prior to the attack.

Mr. Radiman had arrived at Omni-Tek HQ under armed guard to initiate talks with Omni-Tek RK CEO Philip Ross. This morning, Mr. Ross made a statement regarding the incident:

"Nothing can halt the progress of peace. The amnesty has the full support of the Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka, as well as the support of the Omni-Tek Board of Directors on Omni Prime. The assassination-attempt on Henry Radiman by a rogue Omni-Tek employee was nothing but the act of a desperate criminal. Omni-Tek will use every resource at its disposal to bring all those responsible to justice. Omni-Pol has been conducting an internal investigation of all departments aimed at locating and removing criminal elements.

"Omni-Tek’s goal – my goal – is to commence peace negotiations with the Council of Truth without further delay. Any individual claiming to be affiliated with our corporation, working against a unified corporate goal, does so in direct violation of official company policies. Furthermore, we condemn any and all terrorist activities conducted by said individuals. Omni-Tek will pursue peace at all costs. Nothing will prevent that."

29475 (2001) PART 2

Nov 28
    Historical meeting between leaders

Henry Radiman and Philip Ross meet face to face for the first time, at the Omni-Tek Corporation's headquarters in the capital city.

A TAG Editorial

So now we have to deal with the Council of Truth and Omni-Tek getting all friendly and informal on us. There’s nothing to put the gag-reflex into action quicker than the image of Philip Ross and Henry Radiman with the smilies and the handshakes, the "good to see you, Henry" and the "same to you, Phil, how’s the wife and kids?", and the arms-joined-in-joyful-celebration shtick. There’s something powerfully homoerotic about those two ancient geezers having a tête-à-tête in Omni-1; an antiquated representation of a chummy male-dominated political system which, when it comes down to it, is remarkably analogous on either side of the fence: For the Council of Truth and Omni-Tek both, it’s mostly about image.

TAG isn’t against peace. Don’t misunderstand me. We welcome peace with open arms. We don’t want to see another war tearing Rubi-Ka apart at the fragile seams. The last few years of relative quiet have been the most productive and constructive in memory.

But still, there’s something disconcerting and almost disturbing about witnessing the slow and inevitable process of détente that we’re now witnessing – like the first act of a play that you know will, eventually, turn into a bloody tragedy. You feel as though someone’s being led to the slaughterhouse, but it’s not really clear who, or how – it’s an uncertain certainty.

We’re not in the business of scandals or disasters, as some keep suggesting. We don’t hope for the worst so that we can write up a sensationalist report and cash in on the traffic. We have families. We have homes. We have jobs that would be in jeopardy were one side to rule unchecked on Rubi-Ka. We depend on political stability through equal but opposite ideologies in constant dialogue. We would, in fact, benefit greatly from improved political relations and a restructured governing body on Rubi-Ka.

And if this truly is it: if this truly is the beginning of something lasting and solid, the foundation for a bipartisan Rubi-Ka government, TAG will be first in line to offer our support. But we’ll also be first in line to criticise Radiman and Ross if they appear to playing a more dangerous game; one of political camaraderie, I-rub-your-back-if-you-rub-mine (inside or outside the closet), a game of false fronts and big grins. A game of peace.

Because if it is a game, it’s one where every player is a loser. Our history is a bloody one. We hope, wish, and pray for peace. But we don’t want peace to come with a price tag none of us can afford. We don’t want the ancient gentlemen to sell us down the river in political shenanigans concealed by press releases and pretty speeches. And we don’t want a world where Radiman and Ross are the very best of chums, because that’s not what freedom, liberty, and politics is all about.

Ramos Kawamoto, Editor-in-Chief

Dec 04
    Would-be assassin found guilty

The suspected assassin and conspirators in the Radiman assassination-attempt are put on corporate trial, and found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and of disobeying the corporate agenda.

Dec 07
    Commander Portman arrested

Commander Adrienne Portman of the extremist clan Red Freedom is captured and jailed by Omni-Tek forces. She is brought to a high security facility and kept under constant watch.

Dec NO DAY LISTED
    Radiman and Ross meet

Radiman and Ross meet regularly to flesh out a final agreement - encompassing land, government, and notum mining - between the clans and Omni-Tek. A lasting peace is within grasp.

Dec 19
    Dust Brigade attacks Omni-1

An apartment complex in Omni-1 is levelled to the ground by an anti-matter explosion. The words "dust to dust" once more echo across Rubi-Ka, and for those who remember the last war, the tentative and long hoped-for peace now appears a lost cause.

Tonight, in what Omni-Tek civil authorities believe to be an act of domestic terrorism, an apartment complex in Omni-1’s entertainment district was levelled to the ground by a suspected anti-matter bomb.

"Based on initial site investigations, the blast pattern appears to be consistent with an anti-matter detonation," said Omni-Pol media liaison Burton Shogren. "This is, however, an ongoing investigation, and we will not rule out other, less dramatic, explanations to what’s happened here."

The apartment complex in question housed several dozen children and teenagers, as well as senior citizens without legal access to insurance technology. It’s also believed that a large percentage of the residents who were within insurance safety-limits had not updated their patterns for several months, which could bring the final death-toll into the hundreds.

When asked about the rumoured discovery of some kind of calling-card left by the suspected terrorists, Shogren refused to go into detail, citing once again the fact that this is still an active investigation.

The Council of Truth was quick to make a statement regarding the incident. They extended their condolences to the families of the victims, as well as to all Omni-Tek employees, and stated that "should this terrible accident prove to be the work of terrorists, the Council will strongly condemn their actions and we will do our utmost to apprehend and punish the guilty parties".

Fears quickly spread across Rubi-Ka that this incident would put an immediate end to the amnesty, but OT-RK CEO Philip Ross went on the record last night, saying that the amnesty holds, investigations are being conducted, and all channels of communication with the Council are maintained. "Especially now," Mr Ross said, "do we need the full cooperation of the Council of Truth; to show everyone that violence is not a solution."

Others are not so optimistic. Violence broke out in several locations last night and this morning, and with rumours of a calling-card related to the "dust" transmissions of the past few weeks, some citizens believe that the terrorists are linked to the Dust Brigade that was active during the last civil war.

"I was just a kid back then," said Blanche ‘Robin’ Guiney, a student, "but I still remember being terrified whenever I heard the Brigade had struck again. I get that same feeling now, like we’re all vulnerable and at the mercy of people without morals or emotions. It’s almost enough to make you join Omni-Tek, what with these guys being clan sympathisers and all."

Dec 20
    Human clones attack

There are several independent reports of alleged attacks by human clones.

The Voice of Freedom
    December 20 29475

by The Editor

You have got to be kidding me.

First we had the pumpkin-head creatures. Ridiculous, yes, but they posed a real threat to Omni-Tek about a month and a half ago. Clanners said it was the work of mad OT scientists. But then they always blame it on mad OT scientists.

Now we have freakin’ clones. Who comes up with these things?

First of all, we all know that the cloning of adult individuals is impossible. You can grow a copy of yourself on a genetic level, and raise it in hopes that some day he or she will be as close a copy of you as anyone could ever be, but it simply won’t be you. Different soul, different individual. The development of insurance technology showed that you can’t copy a being’s life-force; you end up with a visually perfect copy that’s nothing but an empty shell.

So what’s all this ballyhoo about attacks by clones across Rubi-Ka?

Simple hysteria. We’re all on the knife’s edge following the incident in Omni-1, and the rumoured return of the Brigade; we’re reading a lot into what’s probably just an uncoordinated assault of mutants. There are thousands of the bastards, and sometimes they gang up. It’s a fact of life, and it’s part of what makes Rubi-Ka the most exciting and screwed-up planet in this galaxy.

Here’s a tip: Want to get a Christmas present from OT this year? Go out and hunt some mutants. Cash into your account, straight from the silver-lined pockets of Boss Ross. If you’re ever going to give the Corporation credit for doing something for clanners, it’s giving non-OT employees equal bounty for mutant-hunting. They profit from it in the long run, true, but they also pay out a fair prize for every failed experiment and nasty critter shot down or chopped to pieces.

As for the attack of the clones – let’s get real: There aren’t any secret OT cloning facilities. That’d be a pretty ludicrous concept, right out of the worst sci-fi flicks imaginable. And remember; I’m usually the first paranoid-schizophrenic to suspect an OT conspiracy.

Happy Holidays!

Dec 21
    Omni-Tek denies mutant lab rumours

Omni-Tek denies media rumours of secret cloning facilities, calling the reports "a hoax", and pointing to research that proves it's impossible to clone a person's life-force.

Reports across the Grid and in clan-affiliated media regarding an attack of "clones" in key areas like Galway, and Newland, are untrue, Omni-Tek officials stated this afternoon.

"Certain individuals and media sources have propagated an elaborate hoax involving a rather unexciting Omni-Tek bio-hazardous materials laboratory," said Florencia Bernau of Omni-Med to the Herald. "This laboratory is as dull as laboratories come, and we are certainly not involved with the creation of any so-called ‘clones’. As you well know, the cloning of human beings have proved unsuccessful, as the life-force – the soul – of an individual cannot be replicated. It’s preposterous to think that Omni-Med would engage in such useless experiments, especially at a site as humdrum as this one."

An Omni-Pol spokesperson blames the attacks on mutants, and calls on the citizens of Rubi-Ka, from both sides of the political divide, to step up the hunt for mutant activity across the terraformed regions.

Dec 21
    Omni-Pol steps up security after terrorist attack

Omni-Pol releases a statement regarding the Omni-1 blast, calling early reports of terrorist activities premature, and stating that the evidence gathered so far is inconclusive. Planet-wide security is stepped up, however, and the investigation continues.

Rubi-Ka Headline Services December 21. 29475 – 13:28 RST

Despite persistent rumours pointing to terrorist activities as the cause of the destruction of an apartment complex in Omni-1’s entertainment district on the evening of December 19th, sources within Omni-Pol – currently in charge of the criminal investigation – say that there are still some doubts regarding the origin of the explosion that rocked the capital city on Tuesday.

Early reports pointed to an anti-matter detonation, and video footage of the explosion seems to substantiate this theory, yet investigators are still looking into potential accidental causes of the explosion.

Omni-Pol media liaison Burton Shogren was evasive when pushed on the issue of the calling-card that some sources have alluded to, but he did confirm that investigators are looking "very closely at some evidence that might support the terrorist theory". Omni-Pol is saying, however, that the investigations are ongoing, and because of the necessity for secrecy in such matters – especially if illegal anti-matter devices were used (the use of anti-matter was banned completely after the Corporate Wars) – further details might not be revealed to the public until some time in January.

The official death-toll of the Omni-1 explosion has now risen to a confirmed 158 citizens dead, 132 of which were Omni-Tek employees. 49 of the dead were children or teenagers below the insurance age-requirement, and 23 were senior citizens above the threshold. The remaining 86 adults either lacked insurance, or their insurance had expired. Omni-Tek attempted to restore more than 30 of the patterns, but they were unsuccessful.

Going into the holiday season, Omni-Pol – as well as Omni-AF’s anti-terrorist squads – have stepped up security in all key areas of OT-held areas as a precaution against possible repeat attacks by terrorists.

I love the idea of this project. I'll help out with what I can remember, if anything is missing, and post the player run and FC events I've been involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

3 weeks without any contribution from roleplayers, that says enough. Project is closed.

To give up that quickly, should abort your project indeed! Wait up, who knows
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed