Thread: Bug with getting Decrypted Kyr'Ozch Data Core?

Bug with getting Decrypted Kyr'Ozch Data Core?

My friend has been trying to get his Decrypted Kyr'Ozch Data Core for s42 lately. He has the 3 different Encrypted Kyr'Ozch Keys from 13, 28, and 35, but when we give them to the Unicorn Access Supervisor, after going through the whole dialogue, all we get is this: Unicorn Access Supervisor: I don't want that.

Has anyone else had this issue, or know what to do about it?

We tried petitioning in game, and got told to either re-raid for all the items or contact a game dev. Not sure how to contact a game dev aside from this forum, and raids aren't easy to come by (not to mention, there's no guarantee that looting new ones will make it work).

Edit: Resolved by a GM in-game, it would seem there was some kind of bug with one of the 3 keys - items deleted and respawned, and then it worked. One of the keys was looted almost a year ago and that was the one that wasn't working, so perhaps there's an issue with the older items.
    Last edited by Kiwifruits; Jul 20th, 2011 at 13:17:20.

Let's see if i understand this correctly, what you first need to do witch each of the (3) cores is to get them decrypted, you hand them over to a npc close to where the chayy bartender is, NOT the ncp outside of s42 entrance.
    When you done that you take these decoded or whatever they are called cores to the npc outside of s42 entrance.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jul 20th, 2011 at 15:31:42.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Let's see if i understans this correctly, what you first need to do witch each of the (3) cores is to get them decrypted, you hand them over to a npc close to where the chayy bartender is, NOT the ncp outside of s42 entrance.
    When you done that you take these decoded or whatever they are called cores to the npc outside of s42 entrance.
    Yes, he has the 3 cores and they've been turned in to get 3 different Encrypted Kyr'Ozch Keys.

Here's the NPC chat:
    Unicorn Access Supervisor: Greetings civilian.
    Soapdistant: I would like authorization to enter sector 42 please.
    Unicorn Access Supervisor: Please show me your Decrypted Kyr'Ozch Data Core.
    Soapdistant: I don't have one.
    Unicorn Access Supervisor: Really.
    The Unicorn Sentry sighs to himself and you get the feeling he's had to explain this thousands of times.
    Unicorn Access Supervisor:
    I can't let you in then.
    he continues as if reading from a well rehearsed script
    Unicorn Access Supervisor:
    To obtain access, and to prove you are not just some pointless cannon fodder we will need to rescue later, you need to bring me three Data Cores or the three Encrypted Keys...one from each of the other alien sectors.
    Bring me those...and I'll give you access. But not under any circumstances before.

Do you have the Data Cores or Encrypted Keys from the other three sectors?
    Soapdistant: Of course I do.
    Unicorn Access Supervisor: Give them here then.
    (hands him the 3 keys)
    Unicorn Access Supervisor: I don't want that.

That seems retarded, try to hand it to him without saying anything, if that does not work i really don't understand why a gm can't just spawn a decrypted core for you in the inv, no question about it you have looted it off the 3 gens so what's the problem really?

I'de pm kiintai/means about it if the gm's are stubborn about it, seems strange to me that they refuse to give you the key if there is something wrong with your stuff.

EDIT: Ah ok solved, yeah it seemed like a no brainer issue for a gm to resolve, good stuff
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jul 20th, 2011 at 15:34:57.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

last i got it, doing the talking didnt work. Just hand em did

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    last i got it, doing the talking didnt work. Just hand em did
    Tried both ways, eventually did get a GM to respawn the item and then it worked..... it was weird. Sigh, at least it's fixed now! Still, the devs should probably be aware that there's some sort of bug with the process.

unless its /bug ed they wont