Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damage Dealers and PVM Grinding

Quote Originally Posted by battlebug123 View Post
    well balancing would be a lot harder then still, there is not only ONE setup for dd- they have options.
    so if you give them 50% more dmg, then some would sacrifice 10% of that to evades etc which would result in 40% more dmg AND survivability.
    so the questions is: how would you give them the boosted dmg?
    maybe with a whole suit where you cannot equip anything else,, which boosts your dmg a lot, but decreases survivability.
    then yes, that would be an option.
    Simply include nano, gear, or perks which sacrifice survival aspects for increasing damage. Sort of how the Targeting scope reduces player initiatives, forcing them to go full aggro at lower levels to maximize speed and damage, but in a variety of ways for each profession.

I dunno about the rest of your suggestion but I like the XP raid. Gives even more variety in leveling.
    Proud member of New Order since 2009.

I see a little problem.

What you propose will create a few professions that are exclusively good at only one thing. I can imagine a game with a few very specialized professions complementing each other and i can imagine a game with many professions that are similar with small diferences for flavour. I cant imagine a game with many different professions that are very different and useful. In the case of AO the excessive number of professions and the limited number of roles means that higly specialized professions would be prefered for teams and less specialized professions would be often ignored. You see where i'm going?

The fact is that we need a lot of nerfing not more overpowering of overpowered professions. Unless you expect the devs to change the whole game, eliminating professions and remaking almost all playfields.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I would place damage dealing as a sort of general role that many people could fill relatively well without much thought to anything specific. Currently, damage dealing is unnecessary so the first part is to make it necessary. After that, it is not hard to make an actual distinction between a damage dealer, healer, tank, or debuffer and simply have several professions that are viable in the role.

Comparing current capabilities offers many problems, which is why changes must be made before it makes sense to choose an agent as your DD just as often as that shade or NT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12