Thread: A Quick idea for the rebalancing...

A Quick idea for the rebalancing...

Just a quick opinion of mine...

One major thing this game lacks of is repeating the role classes....

All is great for the PVP rebalancing, but no one is really thinking about the PVM here...

For instance....

We NEED a tank but we ONLY have Enforcers
    We NEED heals but we can only do it with DoCs...
    We NEED great debuffs and Crowd Control, but we can only do it or it´s best to do it with Crats....

We NEED a backup tanking profession, doesnt need to have the massive HP enfos have, but a secondary profession that could AOE taunt with minor HP benefits, doesnt need to be an enforcer clone...

I´m not going to explain what we need, doesn´t need to be a genious to get the basic concept of this topic...

One of each roles just doesnt cut it anymore... We need a secondary Enforcer, we need a secondary doctor and we need a secondary Crat.

You also do not need to be a genius to do some research on proposed changes for each profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    Just a quick opinion of mine...

One major thing this game lacks of is repeating the role classes....

All is great for the PVP rebalancing, but no one is really thinking about the PVM here...

For instance....

We NEED heals but we can only do it with DoCs...
    We NEED great debuffs and Crowd Control, but we can only do it or it´s best to do it with Crats....

We NEED a backup tanking profession, doesnt need to have the massive HP enfos have, but a secondary profession that could AOE taunt with minor HP benefits, doesnt need to be an enforcer clone...

I´m not going to explain what we need, doesn´t need to be a genious to get the basic concept of this topic...

One of each roles just doesnt cut it anymore... We need a secondary Enforcer, we need a secondary doctor and we need a secondary Crat.
    read adv nano docs.

spelling nazi side job: genious is spelled, Genius .. genius! naw, relax, just razzin ya.
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Jul 28th, 2011 at 06:30:55.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

I guess OP didn't read any of the summaries of the nanodocs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

You'll probably be very pleased to learn who one of the proposed off-tank professions will be.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

so true.. being enforcer has nothing to do with being able to tank.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

stop complaining everything in this game is doable even without enforcer, without doc or without crat, if s42 was tanked by enf WITHOUT DOC theres nothing we should whine about
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    stop complaining everything in this game is doable even without enforcer, without doc or without crat, if s42 was tanked by enf WITHOUT DOC theres nothing we should whine about
    Now that i would pay to see...

If i read correctly, keepers new taunt junk will be single, not AOE...

Doesnt really count

now you're just plain trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I tanked Artillery Commander
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

its not a big deal if you tank anything in this game, everything is tankable by anything. this game doesnt countain anykind of "DO THIS ONE THING WRONG AND YOU **** UP US ALL AND 50DKPS!!!!!" to creator of this post, did you know that TNH can be soloed? did you know beast can be 2 maned by soldier+doctor? and s42 WEST SIDE has been tanked on RK1 without doctor.

and my ma tanked aztur the immortal and i LD:ed in middle of fight back in 2006, when i logged in i was still alive and i managed to live.
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    its not a big deal if you tank anything in this game, everything is tankable by anything. this game doesnt countain anykind of "DO THIS ONE THING WRONG AND YOU **** UP US ALL AND 50DKPS!!!!!" to creator of this post, did you know that TNH can be soloed? did you know beast can be 2 maned by soldier+doctor? and s42 WEST SIDE has been tanked on RK1 without doctor.

and my ma tanked aztur the immortal and i LD:ed in middle of fight back in 2006, when i logged in i was still alive and i managed to live.
    {Editted by Haquihana - trolling removed}

I want to see a raid get to Art. Commander on S42 without a tank or a doc...

I want to see a doc and a soldier get to TNH without a crat

When you show me that, your arguments will be valid...
    Last edited by Haquihana; Jul 30th, 2011 at 04:20:02. Reason: Removed trolling

I want to see a doc and a soldier get to TNH without a crat...
    And NOT run the walls.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    And NOT run the walls.
    lol if you're doing it 2man it's assumed that you're wall-running. otherwise it takes too long to be worthwile.

I want to see a doc and a soldier get to TNH without a crat
    why do you need a crat to get to tnh? both portal zod and tnh himself are ubt-able. in instanced pande adds don't repop so all you have to do is alpha pinks and then it's a simple tank-n-spank. for portal zod it's the island right beside him and for tnh it's the ledge right behind him. think before you post please

EDIT: and what is it about doing ac without a doc or a tank that is so unbelievable. if you don't have an enfo a solja can substitute just fine as it's a single-target encounter (the ac himself i mean not getting there). if you don't have a doc a pair of advies can do just fine. it's not like the ac does 10k+dmg every 4 seconds. especially not after he's been crat debuffed. sure it's not as easy as with a doc/enfo, but it's not particularly difficult either.

[Editted by Haquihana - trolling removed]
    Last edited by Haquihana; Jul 30th, 2011 at 23:41:06. Reason: Trolling Removal

I want to see a raid get to Art. Commander on S42 without a tank or a doc...
    Doc died on second wave of seekers :3 AKA: He was so freaking unlucky. But yes, its not a easy task to reach AC spawn point w/o 1 doc; but if only 1 doc is needed, it's doable with 3~4 advs.

P.s.: The tank in question was using persisting symbs. No joke >.>
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

OP has a good point. And for you nubs that said read the balance documentations, maybe you should learn how to read a bit better ? like AOE taunts is required for most endgame raids apfs/pande. Sure you might be able to do it without an enf, but it'll be pretty tough with the average group of AO players. Sure some hardcore freaks can do without but really. And yes, i like to see a s42 raid happen without a doc. And no let's not brag about tanking east without doc. That's prolly 3 mannable with crat/keeper/sol.

Though a good alternative setup from doc/enf is crat/keeper.

But ya, there needs to be another prof other than agents that can do aoe taunting.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

I love it .... people crying the death of enfos because everyone can tank on one hand, the rest crying about being unable to tank because only enfos can tank on the other hand. I can't WAIT to see what one it is.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Sarcastic Opening...
    Hmm, So if we're giving other people AOE taunts than enfos we'll have to give other people aoe nukes than just NT's, thats how it works right? cant wait to see then new breed of MP KIT teams at ely hecks.
    End Of Sarcasm

Why take away the one thing that defines a proffession as a specific proffession? You only really need aoe taunts for getting to the bosses at S42, and maaaaybe the other apf's....but why the hell shouldn't you have an Enf in a raid thats likely to be more than 12-14 chars? you could get one of almost all proffessions in there. If ur struggling to find an enf, go make one... they're quite nice to play. Pande and Beast is easily doable without an enf in small to mid sized raids, wallrunning ofc. If you're doing pande the normal way then you likely have a larger raidforce (including at least 1 enf) or have a deathwish.

PS. If you're not a hardcore freak as Anarchic1 pointed out, and are just a normal player it is unlikely that you will be in a 1 team raidforce, unless you have 5 hardcore freak friends so it becomes a non issue as you will have an Enf, or someone able to bring an Enf.

PPS. TNH without a crat is easy, just substitute a trader/NT for pinky calming