Thread: Greeting Soldiers

Greeting Soldiers

/salute

My fixer forums are mostly dead. Will you adopt me? :3

I don't have a 220 Sol, however I do have a 150.

Please don't leave me out in the cold! :<

(Tiredness ftl)

On a serious note.

At 150, is there any reason to do a ql 200 Supernova swap, or is a ql 150 suitable? I've been using the 150 for a bit now and haven't had any problems not capping my as's on most people.

That said I only have enough Ranged Energy & Aimed Shot to equip it. I can see where more AS would be nice for shaving ~30 seconds off the recharge, but any need to have more Ranged Energy?
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Welcome to the Boot Camp ^^

As you are clan, have you tried a Hand Crafted Unionist Arbalest? Not sure what recharge you'd get on it, but it could be worth looking in to Hmm but maybe IP would be a bitch.
    Last edited by Manicmouse; Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:00:16.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

for sold being so alpha happy, I imagine that 1 good capped AS would be better than 5 super crappy AS.

also, I hope you're not so close on swap skill that an RK RE/AS debuff would ruin it!
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

I don't have the IP for the Arbalest at this point, but rifle and bow also seem a long way from soldier use!

And actually frub I would be, thanks for pointing that out. :P Omni has so many tarders sometimes theres no way i'm swapping at times :|

As far as crappy/good AS's I should probably log my combat window and see if I get any/many low AS's
    Storm

arbalest is capping most of the time for soldiers with a scope, but at 150 ip is really tight. supernova is fine with just equipping it. one option is ranged energy carbine, but it has a long recharge for tl5, and quite a low attack rating. you would have to twink on a high ql to make it worthwhile, and cant swap that.

Okay to continue this question.

For PvP is the Heavy Bracer worth it for 20 extra AR? Or is a health/energy dam arul actually better?
    Storm

AR > all. At ANY lvl. (PvP wise, anyway)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

A ql 150 nova is quite enough to cap on most players at that level. Ppl don't have that much HP.

Arbalest is much faster ofc but reuqires alot more ip and it won't cap much at all unless you have maxed AS skill and use a scope. So it's not a goot option at 150.

Plus the ql 150 arbalest costs ALOT while the nova is basically free.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    A ql 150 nova is quite enough to cap on most players at that level. Ppl don't have that much HP.

Arbalest is much faster ofc but reuqires alot more ip and it won't cap much at all unless you have maxed AS skill and use a scope. So it's not a goot option at 150.

Plus the ql 150 arbalest costs ALOT while the nova is basically free.
    100% agree. considering how tight ip already is at 150, the Nova is a fine choice.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

I am allowed to necro my own threads right?

So between then and now I have updated the soldier several times, came back to the game a few months ago after an extended break. And I'm thinking about updating him...

Relevant to this discussion as I have considered arbalest for a while. However my primary goal is to save more ip from nanoskills with phaluk and such, and while a scope would be nice for crit and as it would also make nanoskills about the same with not being able to equip nanoskills hud.

Some opinions on scope vs le huds would be appreciated. I have most of my items ready to go but lack some buffing items to get it on.
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourwhat View Post
    I am allowed to necro my own threads right?

So between then and now I have updated the soldier several times, came back to the game a few months ago after an extended break. And I'm thinking about updating him...

Relevant to this discussion as I have considered arbalest for a while. However my primary goal is to save more ip from nanoskills with phaluk and such, and while a scope would be nice for crit and as it would also make nanoskills about the same with not being able to equip nanoskills hud.

Some opinions on scope vs le huds would be appreciated. I have most of my items ready to go but lack some buffing items to get it on.
    Disclaimer: I don't have a 150 soldier but I do main soldier. I have several friends who do have 150 soldiers (5 of them) and they all have taken different approaches to their setups and I've talked with them about them.

In my opinion going with scope isn't worth it unless you're a 100% tower twink. This is because the amount of crit you get at that level just isn't worth it unless you stack OSB like Take The Shot and Mark of Peril. If you plan on dueling and doing BS as your primary focus, I think the flexibility of swapping around LE Huds will offer you a lot more. Swap to Combat when you need more AR, Offense when you need the add damage, Nano when you need the nanoskills to cast a higher TMS or add damage buff, etc.

Also, frankly, the arbalest just isn't good. Supernova is a way better option. If you're using an SPB, then you can match damage types to help you burn through absorbs (the supernova is energy, the arbalest is cold). The aimshot cool down on a Supernova is long, but getting as much AR as you can get and then going all in on an alpha at the precise moment is your best option for pvp at 150.
    Last edited by Dajam; Jan 26th, 2015 at 06:35:27.

Assault Rifle etc etc

Also Dajam hit the nail right on the head.

The flexibility you get with the LE huds is unmatched while the Scope can be more useful for tower wars/mass pvp where your outside buffs are basically guaranteed. That being said you are trying to save on IP so the huds are a must especially if you decide to go with the arbalest.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Yeah, and in my mind, it seems an arbalest would need the scope to be decent.
    Storm