Thread: Doja Chips

Doja Chips

I was under the impression, when they came out, that the DOJA's from the instances (Dark Ruins, Alappa and Albtraum) were supposed to be on a different mission cool-down than the playfield DOJA's (i.e. Ely, Scheol, Adonis, Penumbra, Inferno, Pandemonium). Apparently this is not the case. I turned in an Alappa DOJA and when I attempted to right-click a Pandemonium DOJA received the "(13:17) You've already turned in a DOJA chip today." message.

Does this mean that the Pandemonium DOJA, even though it is playfield named, is actually considered under the instance mission lockout? More importantly.. is this working as intended?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 30th, 2011 at 18:24:42.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

As far as I know it has always been like this. That you can only turn in one Doja-Chip a day per character. For example you can choose to turn in a normal inf Doja or a Pande doja but you can't turn in both. I guess it gives you more choices in where to get your Doja's, while not offering any potential double Doja-rewards per day.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    As far as I know it has always been like this. That you can only turn in one Doja-Chip a day per character. For example you can choose to turn in a normal inf Doja or a Pande doja but you can't turn in both. I guess it gives you more choices in where to get your Doja's, while not offering any potential double Doja-rewards per day.
    Maybe it has always been that way but I could have sworn that in a FwM thread this was discussed and it was stated that the system worked otherwise. I'll try to dig through and find it...

Edit: Found it and according to this post you should be able to turn in an Inferno DOJA (that's an outdoor regular monster in SL) and an instanced DOJA on the same day without having any sort of lock-out issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Let me start by saying "this is our fault for not explaining this better". There is more than one source of daily missions and more than one kind (not-shared lockout/timer).

1. The "regular" missions.
    2. The "Superior" missions (some of these can be done solo)
    3. There are "chips" to hand in from the killing of regular monsters in Shadowlands.
    4. There are "chips" to hand in from the killing of instance monsters in Shadowlands.
    5. There are PvP missions (ie: Battlestations)

These options will end up at a total of tokens + around 25%(+side bonus) of a level (At the lowest rate of reward between 215 and 220) and represent a very significant increase to what could be gained by soloing in the past. I don't imagine you can fit ALL of these into 30 minutes...but completing two or even three of these options are a definite possibility. It is also important to say that this is the very first implementation of these missions at this point and the options will only grow over time. This will never replace the rate of XP/SK you can gain in a hardcore team grinding Inferno Hard missions...but it certainly is much closer than anyone playing casually was able to achieve before. Again...any misunderstandings here are on us.
    So I guess my understanding of the Pandemonium Chip itself was off. Do these not drop off the mobs in non-instanced Pande? If not, then guess the Pandemonium Chip falls into the instance monster category described in #4. I haven't done regular pande since the DOJA's came out last year.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 30th, 2011 at 18:42:18.
    You can find me at:

Does this mean that the Pandemonium DOJA, even though it is playfield named, is actually considered under the instance mission lockout? More importantly.. is this working as intended?
    I know for a fact the Alappa and Inf chip can't be handed in together, I've not tried alba/Inf as I cba farming Alba for one to test but would assume they changed it intentionally or the usual an unintended bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    I know for a fact the Alappa and Inf chip can't be handed in together, I've not tried alba/Inf as I cba farming Alba for one to test but would assume they changed it intentionally or the usual an unintended bug.
    Well if you see Means post they are supposed to be able to be turned in together. Sounds to me like the playerbase didn't realize that things weren't working as intended and never reported the bug.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Do these not drop off the mobs in non-instanced Pande? If not, then guess the Pandemonium Chip falls into the instance monster category described in #4. I haven't done regular pande since the DOJA's came out last year.
    DOJA chips do drop in regular pande.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Dark Ruins doja can be turned in along with regular doja. It would make sense to have all the instances do the same but it has not been that way for some reason. Guess Means even thinks this is the way it should work so would not be a bad idea
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Quote Originally Posted by mainframe View Post
    Dark Ruins doja can be turned in along with regular doja. It would make sense to have all the instances do the same but it has not been that way for some reason. Guess Means even thinks this is the way it should work so would not be a bad idea
    can confirm this. the 150-200 level range sucks for anyone that doesn't have a 220 to duel log for inf missions etc.. (we've all been there). lets hope they leave DR doja chips as is, and maybe even change the other instance dojas as well. they dont fall from the sky like candy, so theres not really a reason for people to sweat about double dojas making leveling too easy.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.