Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Itemsbot - Relaunch!

Also... A normal search for "agility", or more refined: "agility cluster", will reveal all agility clusters.
    Should I add dummy implants to the general items list? (some arbitrary implant to illustrate requirements at a given level)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well, the thing is.... only Bot# uses the CIDB 1.2 search terms as a standard so far... and that is really not the majority of bots around yet.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

items.vhabot.net didn't display implants at all (except maybe dummy implants). Not sure about cidb.xyphos.com though.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I still regularly use helpbot for quick flatrolls in mixed teams and itemsbot to show items to out of org newer players. They've always been there for as long as I can remember and it's good to hear that they'll be here to stay for a while longer

For the implant problem:
    Would it be possible to add a string that you don't want to get as result? Fe: "/tell itemsbot agility (implant cluster)" could then give all non-implant/cluster agility results.

Another (much harder to implement, but easier for the user ) way to reduce the number of results is determine a common factor in the results. Example: "/tell itemsbot 150 agility" automatically collapses all search result with a common word in them into more refined possible search queries such as "/tell itemsbot 150 agility implant bright".

Dummy implants would lose a bit of functionality imo: you might be able to learn how much treatment it requires, how much in 1 unknown ability and how much shiny/bright/faded buffs. But you would not be able to learn which ability requirement your intended cluster combination will create, sending back an auno.org link as answer might be a better answer
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Itemsbot now serves TestLive, with information about items which are on Testlive. (see here for information about which version is currently served on TestLive)

Now that itembot's cidb service has taken over, it affects all bots, so our org bot would no longer report implants for item searches. items.vhabot.net wasn't supposed to report implants, but somehow they snuck through. cidb.xyphos.com definitely reported implants.

With some judicious sub-strings for search terms, the item database is an invaluable tool for implant makers. Not needing to open a web browser or other third-party tool in order to quickly build an implant is a really nice thing.

If possible, it would be nice if implants are at least left in the cidb so that implants show up in other bot's searches if not on itemsbot. If other bot owners don't like implants in their search results, they can filter them out themselves.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

So, compatibility mode (i.e. the mode used when talking to bots which use the legacy CIDB specification) should include implants if the word "imp" is in the search string?

i.e. search for "agility" won't display implants, but "imp agility" and "implant agility" will?

Keep in mind that there are over 250 leg implants with "agility" in their name. Xyphos.com gives 288 results when searching for implants in slot "leg" with name "agility shiny". Searching the CIDB for "leg agility refined shiny" gives 140 different items, all with the same name and icon. I really don't see how such a search result is productive to anyone?

Edit: There are some issues with LowID/HighID mapping of implants. I'll have to sort that out before doing anything else related to implants.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 24th, 2011 at 05:55:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    So, compatibility mode (i.e. the mode used when talking to bots which use the legacy CIDB specification) should include implants if the word "imp" is in the search string?

i.e. search for "agility" won't display implants, but "imp agility" and "implant agility" will?
    That would be stellar. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder;6002269[s
    Keep in mind that there are over 250 leg implants with "agility" in their name. Xyphos.com gives 288 results when searching for implants in slot "leg" with name "agility shiny". Searching the CIDB for "leg agility refined shiny" gives 140 different items, all with the same name and icon. I really don't see how such a search result is productive to anyone?[/s]

Edit: There are some issues with LowID/HighID mapping of implants. I'll have to sort that out before doing anything else related to implants.
    I don't think that's limited to implants. I've seen that with lots of other items and have had some discussion about that on Xyphos's forum. Hope you come up with a better solution, because I don't think Xyphos or I did.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    So, compatibility mode should include implants if the word "imp" is in the search string?
    Tell people to update their scripts.. It's not to you to add special stuff.

Here you can find an updated version for BeBot.
    blah

hid/lid mapping should be working better now...
    Still gives 42 results when searching for "Ear Implant Max NCU, Shiny Jobe" of ql 250, all with the same name and icon. (Which seems to be correct)

I'm going to test this some more before changing how the CIDB search for info.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 24th, 2011 at 20:52:03.

The earlier discussed change should be live now.

If there's any problems with lowid/highid mappings, odd items, odd results, whatever: Please post about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Tell people to update their scripts.. It's not to you to add special stuff.
    True. I still aim at keeping compatibility, though; Making the legacy mode work like it did on the old CIDBs.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 24th, 2011 at 22:52:31.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Here you can find an updated version for BeBot.
    Thank you, downloaded and installed.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Is there a way to search for "affects"? I'd love to be able to "/tell itemsbot type=armor affects=burst".
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

There's no way to search for "affects", nor requirements, at the moment.

Updated Testlive CIDB to 18.4.8.6. (latest patch)

Added a new section to original post: CIDB Bot Modules.
    Added NoGoals BeBot module to the aforementioned section. (Thank you NoGoal!)

ah yes my friendly bot to help me pretend to be afk when i dont want to speak in orgchat
    thanks

CIDB updated to latest live and testlive versions.

Thanks for reviving Itemsbot! Really missed it.

But there seems to be an issue atm. Whenever I query with a QL parameter (i.e. /tell itemsbot 300 pen ofab soldier), I get this error:

[Itemsbot]: Sorry, the CIDB is having some problems at the moment. Please try again later.

When I skip the QL bit, it works just fine. And I did try later but didnt help.
    ಠ_ಠ

php on the server where CIDB is hosted is phukked up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast