Thread: Brainstorming Session - Profession Heroes

Brainstorming Session - Profession Heroes

Brainstorming Index

Disclaimer: The Brainstorming Sessions are an attempt to cover specific topics which sometimes come across as a little gray. They will be presented with cited facts at the top which players can refer to for concrete information on the topic. Following the facts will be speculations on the topic which may or may not be true due to a lack of information. Until concrete information on a topic is made available please feel free to comment on the speculative ideas, post your own, or even adopt them into your story.

Facts:

• Profession - Name - Breed - Gender – Status
      • Adventurer: Calia[7][12] - Solitus - Female – Deceased
      • Agent: Taren[8]Opifex - Male – Deceased
      • Doctor: Dr. Marius Blaunch[9]Solitus - Male - Location Unknown (Living)
      • Enforcer: Mongo[4]Atrox - Neuter - Deceased
      • Engineer: "Uncle" Bazzit[13] - Solitus - Male - Uncle Bazzit's Forge, Meetmedere, Newland.
      • Keeper: Sir Tristram[5]Solitus - Male – Deceased
      • Meta: Sarah Mocham[2]Nanomage - Female - Deceased[3]
      • Martial Artist: Tessai[10]Opifex - Male – Deceased
      • NT: Mehar Izgimmer[6] - Solitus - Male - Location Unknown (Living)
      • NT: Julius Enfraam[6] - Nanomage - Male - Location Unknown (Living)
      • Shade: Sharl[11] - Opifex - Male - Deceased
      • Soldier: Kel Izgimmer[1] - Solitus - Male - Deceased
      • Trader: Tanius Corbinson[7]Opifex - Female - Location Unknown (Living)

Speculation:
      • Agent:The Executioner
      • Bureaucrat:
      • Fixer:

Citing:

01. Official Forums
    02. Item Database
    03. Item Database
    04. Item Database
    05. Item Database
    06. Item Database
    07. Item Database
    08. Item Database
    09. Item Database
    10. Item Database
    11. Item Database
    12. Item Database
    13. Item Database

Special Thanks:

Thank you to Saetos who agreed to have his thread converted into a Brainstorming Session.
    Last edited by Trousers; Aug 14th, 2011 at 04:40:05. Reason: Added: Uncle Bazzit
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i dont see how Kel is a soldier hero or legend of sort. hes just mentioned to like guns more than nanos. hes dad was famous and thats it :P
    paris hiltons brother was behaving badly at some gas station and that doesnt make him a hero or legend.

but as an addition, Sharl named shade was feared throughout penumbra.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Bureaucrat : - Meister - legendary president of Omni-Pol on RK1 and inspiration for the following item-

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=216340

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    i dont see how Kel is a soldier hero or legend of sort. hes just mentioned to like guns more than nanos. hes dad was famous and thats it :P
    paris hiltons brother was behaving badly at some gas station and that doesnt make him a hero or legend.

but as an addition, Sharl named shade was feared throughout penumbra.
    I figure Kel would have a certain level of fame attached to him due to his Father. I also figured that most people wouldn't know that Kel grew up to be a Soldier either.

If you have a better suggestion for Soldier I am happy to hear it.

Much like your suggestion for Shade. I am updating the list to include Sharl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigashadv View Post
    Bureaucrat : - Meister - legendary president of Omni-Pol on RK1 and inspiration for the following item-

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=216340
    I purposefully do not wish to include players in this list since a) Their Egos tend to be inflated enough as it is and b) I want the list to be Lore based. Token Items I don't consider to be quality Lore.

You've done great research, Trousers. But I think again added quite some speculation without showing the really interesting stuff.

I'm not sure about some of those either. For example: there are loads of Legendary SL figures to go along with people like Tristram. So to affiliate Tristram with keepers (who came much, much later presumably) seems a little odd when compared to the more direct links in the nanos.

Anyway. I think there's some great lore that deserves to be put here rather than hiding behind guesses as to the status of each name.

Some info about each one:

Calia: When she developed what is still the undisputed fastest and best parrot morph nanoscript she could be seen flying over the cities, past the cumbersome flying machines and across the wilds of Rubi-Ka to wonderous places unexplored by any other. *

Mongo: An arena fighter. * He was for a while the only atrox able to use Mongo Rage, but after some training Znore proved that other Atroxes could do this as well. *

Dr. Marius Blaunch: Married to and inspired by Karen Blaunch. *

Julius Enfraam: He was in a deep rivalry with and often bested by Mehar Izgimmer. Was quoted as saying, "Now Rubi-Ka will see my true genius. No doubt Izgimmer - that old phoney! - will realise how vastly superior this code is to anything he could have, and will promptly migrate his code." *

When Izgimmer bested his "Perfected Fortification", he is reported to have flown into such a rage that he had a minor stroke. *

He once posed a thought-experiment to the Nano-Technician community: To develop a nanoscript capable of teleporting the user to any location they wished without pre-programming, anchors, beacons, or any outside influence at all. When Izgimmer attempted this literally and failed, Enfraam found this hilarious. *

Mehar Izgimmer: A reclusive programmer. When asked for comment about Enfraam's boasts, Izgimmer reportedly raised a single eyebrow in mockery. * This became a trademark gesture that he also used when asked about Tanius Corbin, who had stolen his Humidity Extractor code while he helped her. Izgimmer took revenge by working for many days and nights on a max nano buff. *

Izgimmer took Enfraam's thought-experiment literally and developed a string of code that could teleport the user anywhere within a three-dimensional shell that covered the majority of Rubi-Ka's biosphere and even some areas within the outzone.

There were ultimately two problems with this: First, the lack of anchor points for the up/down (or 'y') coordinate meant that the user would frequently find themselves stuck inside a hill, or hundreds of feet in the air. Secondly, the arbitrary coordinate system frequently glitched in the processing, leaving the user teleported to a random (often dangerous) location, or (in worst-case scenarios) horribly grafted to another living creature. Izgimmer, though never claiming defeat on the project, often spoke later of simply being "tired of giving it too much thought" and how he had "better things to do". *

He had some kind of relationship to Sara Mocham. *

[As a personal note, I believe these two reference the relationship between Edison and Tesla.]

Sara Mocham: Had an "estate" and was somehow related to Izgimmer. *

Tanius Corbinson:
    A "top-ranked" trader. During a meeting with Mehar Izgimmer, she probed a bit too deeply into the inner workings of humidity extraction. This caused strife between the two, as Izgimmer felt he had been generous enough in aiding the young woman's research into defensive nanotechnology, and the two stopped speaking shortly thereafter. *
    Last edited by Redesine; Aug 11th, 2011 at 15:36:34.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Point well taken, Red. I'll try to compile a lot of the item links into brief Bios and add those along with the names and such that way people don't need to click each of the individual citations.

Also, if there's evidence for a better Keeper Hero I'd be happy to replace/add to the list much like I will do for Soldier.

To be honest, I wouldn't include Tessai on that list.

Based on what the nano does, apparently, one of the developers had recently watched the anime movie Ninja Scroll just prior to making that nano.

Tessai, in reference to the anime is a huge golem of a man with stone-like skin. He's also a sick and twisted being nicknamed "Tessai the Rapist" by the fanbase.

Not exactly something I'd use as the basis for a AO "Hero".

EDIT: Kintai, since I see you're reading this thread, is the name of the nano referenced going to change come rebalance? I hope so.
    Last edited by Namiru; Aug 12th, 2011 at 22:04:42.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by blackmaneD View Post
    Kel was Izgimmer's son. Izgimmer made the Plaything for Kel while Kel was a toddler, hoping that Kel would take after him (didn't happen - Kel went on to become a soldier with no interest in nano research).

There you have the brief life story of Kel Izgimmer.
    Damn. Learn somethin' new every day. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

After reading Kintaii's quote of Kel's Citation I am going to update Kel's status to Deceased since Blackmane spoke about him in the Past Tense.

Also, If Kintaii can help us fill in some of the blanks or Red areas it would be greatly appreciated as this is another Lore area where where is simply too much grey.

Added Uncle Bazzit to the list from a PM suggestion.

No Fixer Love?

I cant believe you forgot the legendary Antagonist Nadir! While I dont think he could be classified as a hero, he certainly had ambition, and sexy armor to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post

I purposefully do not wish to include players in this list since a) Their Egos tend to be inflated enough as it is and b) I want the list to be Lore based.
    Dammit!! Well, I'm still a legend in my own mind.

(Good thread)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Raan View Post
    I cant believe you forgot the legendary Antagonist Nadir! While I dont think he could be classified as a hero, he certainly had ambition, and sexy armor to boot!
    I think he was pretty much known for extensively stress testing the reclaim system. :P
    Point Blank

Um isnt the keeper hero Galahad?

Or it should be. And everyone knows keepers dont die they do what that jellyfish does they temporarily revert to an embryonic form

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan

the keeper hero is just a story from "the round table and folks"..
    just like claiming merlin armor as profession hero..

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245859

and he was also homo sapiens...
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Aug 29th, 2011 at 17:19:47.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    the keeper hero is just a story from "the round table and folks"..
    just like claiming merlin armor as profession hero..

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245859

and he was also homo sapiens...
    The definition of Earth legend in AO is blurry.

Many stories originates from a SL personality that had influence on the evolution of mankind, and ended being recreated artificially with AO's technology (Camelot is an exemple of such circle).

Some other are pure legend but the name was given to discovered creatures like we do to planets or stars.

And some others are plain confusion. It's mainly a way for AO to pick on real legends without it being out of context. Unless confirmed physically like Galahad it's better to treat it as legend. I don't think it's bad by itself, I always felt that humans in AO like to hold on past history from Earth, and recreated cultures just to remind themselves what they are after nukes, slavery and 20,000 years of corporate history.

Btw, there is a character for each profession in the Ado brain symbiant.
    Last edited by boltgun; Sep 4th, 2011 at 19:03:37.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Some other are pure legend but the name was given to discovered creatures like we do to planets or stars.
    this.
    Most likely great items are honored with great names. like (copy of)excalibur.
    it doenst mean King Arthur is nanomage MP pulling the sword from elysium rocks..
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

It could also mean that one of the people who originally set up the settlements on RK had an old book he/she really liked.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I'm curious. How did Mocham die?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbit View Post
    I'm curious. How did Mocham die?
    Suicide by depression after too many buff requests.

I had to...
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S