Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Work FC on new BS

There are always people willing to do inf missions, raid APFs/beast or solo farm s10 yet its hard to find 8 of them to make BS run. I think im not going to sign again till i jump into 220 bs. Getting warped inside just to loose my buffs and get kicked 9 times out of 10 tries siply isnt worth those VPs that i can buy from someone else and im getting close to 5k tokens anyway. It really isnt hard to make thos battlestations at last a bit more friendly, remote access device plus removing people who logged off from queues shouldnt take game developer longer than a few hours os worktime but it seems that we expect to much for our monthly fee that is one of the highest on the mmorpg market.
    Last edited by Ciex; Aug 19th, 2011 at 09:19:05.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Hurling abuse at the OP would result in an infraction right?

You live in a dream world if you think BS was ever at a stage that was barely acceptable, and your out of your mind if you think the recent changes improved them.

I've heard they are intending to fix them so all's good, lets see what they do.

funny how OP stated "Post if you like the new bs", and majority of posters are haters.

reality check:

bs never ran much before changes, and when it did it was either spawn camping, or 4 capping. and once a side was 4 capped it was pretty much decided a lot of the time. if a side controlled core, they had ample time for alphas and whatnot to recharge before opposing side came at them again. meaning it was very hard to take back core because everytime you went there, someone was ready with their alphas again to gank you, or visa-versa, you had alphas back again for easy kills and easier defence.

spawn camping occured when one side dominated the other heavily, which often resulted in bs not running for a while after that.

with new bs, spawn camping does not happen any longer (I've yet to see it), people don't hide out in corridors or spiral ramp and slow everything down. what i do see more now, is core changing sides a lot, people actually fighting, and using new strategies to take down other side. side that owns core has to work a lot harder, because their alphas are still in recharge when enemies come storming again.

bs ran more than normal for a while after changes, now its back to where it was before changes. I would guess population is the issue, more than design, regarding how often it runs. try starting a raid for anything these days, and watch how long it takes outside of weekends and primetime. for every pvp'er, there is probably 10 pvm'ers (by choice, not because pvp in ao is stagnant). do the math

next time make your own thread about how you hate bs, instead of posting it here, when the OP was calling for positive responses.

buncha trolls i tell ya...
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Aug 19th, 2011 at 16:37:38.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

BS is better now. Period.
    Proud member of New Order since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    funny how OP stated "Post if you like the new bs", and majority of posters are haters.

reality check:

with new bs, spawn camping does not happen any longer (I've yet to see it), people don't hide out in corridors or spiral ramp and slow everything down. what i do see more now, is core changing sides a lot (because you can get to core and start capping with decon buff running), people actually fighting(or appearing to fight because one player has ploughed his alpha into someone that was then CH'd by the decon buff), and using new strategies to take down other side (getting out of Decon as fast as they can so they can benefit from the decon buff). side that owns core has to work a lot harder, because their alphas are still in recharge when enemies come storming again (and any damage that they do initially is CH'd by the Decon buff) .

bs ran more than normal for a while after changes(I'm still baffled that people are suprised that when something new happens there is a lot of interest), now its back to where it was before changes (because it's still not fixed). I would guess population is the issue, more than design, regarding how often it runs (so BS runs more than normal for a while, meaning that the population is there, but then it doesn't, meaning the population isn't there? Did everyone do hara-kiri or something?). try starting a raid for anything these days, and watch how long it takes outside of weekends and primetime. for every pvp'er, there is probably 10 pvm'ers (by choice, not because pvp in ao is stagnant). do the math

(Although...the old 150-174 BS ran constantly untill the changes that mixed up TL's and created 100-150 and 151-200. People complained that 150's got beaten too easily by 174's and that the ranges for TL4 and TL6 were dead. Is this really an improvement?)

next time make your own thread about how you hate bs, instead of posting it here, when the OP was calling for positive responses.

buncha trolls i tell ya...
    Fixed that for ya!

Ok, So it will be completely fine when they fix the decon bug.
    Proud member of New Order since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Fixed that for ya!
    that gave me a good chuckle. ty
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Tbh, old BS was as interesting as new BS...
    Somehow people find BS funny and competitive while performing solo while others find it very interesting while doing BS in a full team.

I used to live at BS when it was introduced, then lost an interest in doing it solo, so decided to try it out in team, especially with pretty new players from my org and, you know, it went pretty nice.

So if you want to complain about new or old BS mechanics and perfomance - maybe it's time to try some new moves and tactics?

The only game that is interesting is the game you make interesting. Sitting afk somewhere in grid or borealis won't help things go the way you want, ya know oO
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Tbh, old BS was as interesting as new BS...
    Somehow people find BS funny and competitive while performing solo while others find it very interesting while doing BS in a full team.

I used to live at BS when it was introduced, then lost an interest in doing it solo, so decided to try it out in team, especially with pretty new players from my org and, you know, it went pretty nice.

So if you want to complain about new or old BS mechanics and perfomance - maybe it's time to try some new moves and tactics?

The only game that is interesting is the game you make interesting. Sitting afk somewhere in grid or borealis won't help things go the way you want, ya know oO

Who said we're sitting in bor?

The whole thing that someone can wear you down by coming back over and over and over again was no fun. If you liked that maybe you would've liked having players respawning in the same spot they die at full hp/nano etc. But I don't think so. FC is doing the right thing with the latest changes to this. It will make BS fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    FC is doing the right thing with the latest changes to this. It will make BS fun again.
    Where did you find latest changes? The most recent update I can find posted is where they fixed the mission id bug or whatever.. there's one mention of BS in 18.4.8.3 in test announcements but it's only "BS points no longer cappable under pvp grace period". Is that all you're talking about? If not I would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Where did you find latest changes? The most recent update I can find posted is where they fixed the mission id bug or whatever.. there's one mention of BS in 18.4.8.3 in test announcements but it's only "BS points no longer cappable under pvp grace period". Is that all you're talking about? If not I would like to see
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=592971
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Ty.. now I can see why all the BS threads have gone quiet lol, nothing to do but wait and find out. Changes look good to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    * cant cap under grace
    * delay in decomp increased
    * more delay in decomp in case ore repeated death
    * huge HOT/NOT after going out of decomp removed

basicaly, what players asked.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12