Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 200 shade?

I'm debating wether i should go with 295 cc and live with the oe but gain the extra weapon skills or if i should focus on 100% armor. What would be the most beneficial way?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Ok, so I logged my shade on to chat with the org bot a bit and this is what it tells me...
    With a weapons skill requirement of 1000, you will OE at:
    Out of OE: 800 or higher
    75%: 600 - 799
    50%: 401 - 599
    25%: 201 - 400
    0%: 200 or lower

Now assuming this is the same with armor, 300 CC would be 75% oe on my shade as I maintain 617 strength in my set up. So, as long as you don't mind the oe factor and you keep 600+ strength, 295+ would give you more AR + weapon skill while only losing some ACs. So imo, the 295+ would be better, and if I started playing again I would swap to the higher ql. Of course if you used the 295 you could have slightly less strength.

Here's the difference in 225 non oe and 295 75% oe with 4 pieces in the set up:

225 CC = 92 weapons skills + 44 AAO for a total of 136 AR. (Thanks Zwelgje :P)
    295 CC = 120 weapon skills + 60 AAO at 75% gives you 45 AAO for a total of 165 AR.

So you get 29 more AR from using the higher oe armor.
    Last edited by Fadedboah; Jan 18th, 2015 at 00:54:57. Reason: fixed error

Quote Originally Posted by Fadedboah View Post
    Ok, so I logged my shade on to chat with the org bot a bit and this is what it tells me...
    With a weapons skill requirement of 1000, you will OE at:
    Out of OE: 800 or higher
    75%: 600 - 799
    50%: 401 - 599
    25%: 201 - 400
    0%: 200 or lower

Now assuming this is the same with armor, 300 CC would be 75% oe on my shade as I maintain 617 strength in my set up. So, as long as you don't mind the oe factor and you keep 600+ strength, 295+ would give you more AR + weapon skill while only losing some ACs. So imo, the 295+ would be better, and if I started playing again I would swap to the higher ql. Of course if you used the 295 you could have slightly less strength.

Here's the difference in 225 non oe and 295 75% oe with 4 pieces in the set up:

225 CC = 92 weapons skills + 44 AAO for a total of 103 AR.
    295 CC = 120 weapon skills + 60 AAO at 75% gives you 45 AAO for a total of 165 AR.

Quite a difference there lol. Almost makes me want to log on and redo my set up just in case I start to play again. So in short, I suggest going for the 295 CC.
    This was what i was expecting, thank you for taking your time Now to collect all the bazillions of items that i need, to even start twinking...
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

92 + 44 isn't 103 but four pieces 295 will still give a total of 29 ar more..

Thanks for pointing out my noob mistake there Zwelgje. I corrected the error. Feel dumb for not catching it myself lol.

Yes that's correct. Also I don't like oe armor.

Just to clarify, as opi, 300 cc is possible, but I believe it will go 50% oe due to the lack of strength. I'm not 100% sure on this but I remember calcing it up that way.
    Surely you can do better than 225 though? I don't think shades are THAT bad off ability wise, even before alphas.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

First off.. Hi Dagger

Secondly, we kinda are. I mean my shade has 617 str in her set up fully buffed without contracts or OSB's. I think 601 was the 100% mark on 225 armor iirc. So that leaves 16 points to spare, 12 of which are from Comp Att. So say you use my first set up, where i used IGoC's, CC Chest, and HP Chest spirit... That's a lot of strength to lose, that's 48 total. So right there that makes 225 OE without having OSB's and that would put you under the 75% mark on 295+ armor. Of course you could do something like 254, 264 or maybe 275ish in that set up without it dropping below 75%. This is also assuming you are Opi instead of Trox. I'm not sure where Trox strength ends up at in these set ups. You may could do slightly higher in a more standard set up as Trox.

Now, if FC would be so kind to open up combined spirits to shades under 201.. well then shades jump into an entirely different world . Maybe they even be so kind to remove level reqs so we could use 300 combined spirits too at 200. Then we can really talk about some fancy set ups. Of course all this would never happen lol, it's just crazy wishful thinking.

Anyways tho, shades are shafted pretty good on abilities pre combined alphas. Having those abilities in our arms or any other slot, or not having it in this case, can really hurts our over all performance in a combat efficient set up. As far as tweaking abilities up in tweaking set ups, well shades can gain some pretty good boosts in all abilities except for Intel and Psy. All in all it sorta balances out, but we still feel the effects in a few areas. This is just my opinion as a shade lover and some one who has shades of all levels throughout my accounts, and who has experimented with several different types of set ups on each of these.

Now, if FC would be so kind to open up combined spirits to shades under 201.. well then shades jump into an entirely different world . Maybe they even be so kind to remove level reqs so we could use 300 combined spirits too at 200. Then we can really talk about some fancy set ups. Of course all this would never happen lol, it's just crazy wishful thinking.
    Well they could open 200 shade to ql 250 combined ALPHA spirit at least and they could still let locked all ql above. It would be a fair boost
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I agree with that. It would be a great boost to the profession at 200 for sure. I'd gladly swap my 270 spirits for 250 combined alpha spirits without a bit of hesitation. It would also help with CL issues. It still wouldn't be possible to use TNH belt at 200, but I think that would still be fine. The fact that we could use combined alphas would be enough for me. I don't think this would be an unreasonable or op request. Now we just need Dagger to talk with the devs and see what they would be willing to do.

Wouldn't help with CL still since the only CL spirit is from the DB questline but it would certainly help with abilities allowing a atrox shade to get 2.3k AR AND 2sec HD without any sacrifices

DB Quest gives you the 300 brain. Mitaar drops the 250 Beta brain. So with lvl req changed to 200 you would be able to use it. You just couldn't make the alpha version.
    Last edited by Fadedboah; Jan 19th, 2015 at 12:34:46.

I would go for trox, unhappy spirits, medi blade and tatoo are all doable. AR is the key for pvp, everything you can perk will die mid alpha lol. You will allso need lyas pads for twinking, VERY important. Lots of farming and research needed, but once you really get it all done, you will ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    I would go for trox, unhappy spirits, medi blade and tatoo are all doable. AR is the key for pvp, everything you can perk will die mid alpha lol. You will allso need lyas pads for twinking, VERY important. Lots of farming and research needed, but once you really get it all done, you will ROCK!
    But then you'll be an ugly atrox, ew.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123